jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

Dear TJ, your jickiss wishes that the following were retained by your jickiss:

1. 1966 Dart GT 273 V-8

2. 1967 Dodge Coronet 440 273 V-8

3. 1973 Impala 4 DR Hardtop, 350 V-8

4. 1973 Camaro 350 V-8

(all were automatics).

the reason for 1 and 2 was that those Dodge Engines could run forever. dumb move to sell. dumb, dumb, and dumb.

the reason for 3 and 4 is that today, (last 10 years or so) there are really excellent GM engines that could have been installed that would have delivered really nice performance in cars that were well build from the factor, (compared with a lot of crap that has been built since the mid 70s by GM).

The 1973 Impala Hardtop with 4 doors was an incredible car, but it had no power, as the smog engines in 1973 were a total joke, 10 mpg and it felt like 140 hp or whatever. The Camaro was somewhat better, but today, the same car with a LS2 or even a cast iron block Vortec 5300 would be a nice car.

if your jickiss ever stopped to add up all the mistakes, well,

lets just get to Maui and forget da Past!

TJ are you thimking about another Vette, maybe 2005,06 or 07? It is amazing how many Vettes are owned by Douches that never drive them.....these cars are Real Values, in the view of your jickiss.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jickiss is back!

TJ are you thimking about another Vette, maybe 2005,06 or 07? It is amazing how many Vettes are owned by Douches that never drive them.....these cars are Real Values, in the view of your jickiss.

Nah, ever since they change the style in 1983 I haven't really found them appealing at all. Even though I had the '84 -- and it was fast as sh*t for it's day -- I only had that car for several months before I sold it at a decent profit to some Guido douche from North Jersey

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and (Relevance: Break from Trading, Useful Demonstration, Observation of Determined Individuals, Respect for Authority in context)

April 10, 2010.

West Point, NY.

looks to be interesting.

Doc: "Sandhurst Competition".......hmmm.

jickiss is thinking of attending.

http://www.usma.edu/dmi/sandhurst_competition.htm

My Z28 with the '84

post-6859-1261858004_thumb.jpg

One of my nicest rides....the 1969 convert

post-6859-1261858012_thumb.jpg

...I had one identical to this '82, however this is not a picture of mine, as I am still in the process of transferring files to my new desktop

post-6859-1261858812.jpg

These are the most useless vehicles in Edmonton/ Calgary now. Seen many of these rear wheel cars just spinning their wheels getting no where on flat surfaces with just a little ice on the road. Reason enough to leave for you? Know many people that garage them half the year.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

good point, Doc. FWD or AWD or 4 wheel Dirve is needed for bad turf conditions. Subaru Wagon with all wheel drive, or how about a Mitsu Outlander?

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/out...CFQ975Qodmy5YKQ

A Vette is worthless in da Snow or ice.

of course, once enough coin is in hand, stay home, and just let it Snow!

These are the most useless vehicles in Edmonton/ Calgary now. Seen many of these rear wheel cars just spinning their wheels getting no where on flat surfaces with just a little ice on the road. Reason enough to leave for you? Know many people that garage them half the year.

Just about as useless here.....but in Canada forget it.....I wouldn't even bother....I would just get one of these

post-6859-1261862126.jpg

Went with the family today to Foret Perdue, which is about 10 minutes from our house. It's a maze of ice trails through the woods, with live animaux and peche de glace. We put the 2 1/2 year old on skates for the first time. He gave it a valiant try with Papa and Grandmama helping out. (Grandpapa is a non skater wussy.) Mostly grandmama and papa took turns pulling him in the toboggan. Mama is expecting again. No skating for her! New family addition is due in May.

Our part of Quebec is a great place for inexpensive winter recreation with the kids.

http://www.domainedelaforetperdue.com/hiver.php

hiver38.jpg

hiver6.jpg

hiver41.jpg

hiver25.jpg

hiver14.jpg

A week or so ago there was a brief discussion on IDS about what would light a fire under IBM in order to get'er movin' higher after a 10 year consolidation period....Cramit, You-BS Upgrade, etc were mentioned as some potential fire starters

Looks like Barron's decided to take the lead with this weekend's cover & story

OB-FD956_Barron_BA_20091225190412.jpg

Here we go!

From Abelson's weekly screed....sounds about right

We found particularly noteworthy II's 10-week average of the "bulls" divided by the "bulls and bears," which eliminates the wishy-washy advisors looking for a correction. The latest reading shows the market is in overbought territory by 70.8%. According to Mike and John, that's the highest level since July 27, 2007, when the ratio stood at 71.5%, and was three months before share prices hit a peak and then cratered.

To their practiced eye, 70.8% suggests "some additional market gains may occur in the near term," but (sorry about this), stocks "may peak in the first quarter of next year and correct from there."

Source

Looks like the government is preparing extra measures to prop the housing market, as they have removed the cap on the amount of money the Treasurey will provide to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Link here: Geithner Gives Housing Industry A Huge Christmas Present: Unlimited Fannie And Freddie Bailouts

Also, credit analcyst Edwart Pinto shares his theories behind the lifting of the bailout caps:

Link here: Here's The Secret Reason We Eliminated The Bailout Caps On Fannie And Freddie

The raising of the cap is a technical issue related to the way the enabling legislation was written. Admittedly I am very sketchy on the details of that but trust my sources that this was done to avoid congressional limits that would be reimposed Jan 1. Think of it as another Treasury slush fund.

The Treasury is where the action is now. There is too much focus on the Fed. The TARP money being repaid is entering limbo. The Treasury says it has no intention of putting it back into the General Fund but then it seems it's being used to pay down short term CMB's. This is going to take some real finesse to pull off if they want to write some checks to whoever with the account empty.

Audit the Treasury.

Getting rid of Ben would be easier than getting rid of Tim. The Treasury has so many balls in the air and the group who knows about the details is so small that a non insider taking over now unless they are a pathetic figure head would be very dangerous.

Tim was on the air today saying how growth is underway. I expect at least a 4% GDP prelim number whenever that comes out in early Jan.

To their practiced eye, 70.8% suggests "some additional market gains may occur in the near term,"

Mr. Market needs a reduced calorie intake

Has your weight bothered you so much that you'd spend $300 to suck in your gut and get a new pants size?

It appears the fad has gone parabolic with MED like none other time

http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartL..._1261871130.png

I'm not aware of an IRS deduction for meal replacement.

Archived