No More Friday Happy Print

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Property tax limit rejected

Beside the confusion this initiative was to limited property tax to a 1% cap per year vs the 6% taxing if it fails.

Did this in California using a Constitutional Amendment, all Court challenges failed to overturn the vote/will of the people.

622970[/snapback]

Since the states will be facing declining tax revenues they are going to turn to every tool they can to avoid their own financial crises. But it won't help.

Property tax limit rejected

Beside the confusion this initiative was to limited property tax to a 1% cap per year vs the 6% taxing if it fails.

Did this in California using a Constitutional Amendment, all Court challenges failed to overturn the vote/will of the people.

622970[/snapback]

Kalifornia is a RealEstate welfare state anyway. With their prop 13 only the newbies pay the RE taxes anymore. That's one of the reasons why Kali RealEstate is a ticking time bomb.

post-1110-1194654037_thumb.jpg

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson on Friday defended the dollar's status as the world's reserve currency, saying the economy's strength, openness and competitiveness would "shine through" the current market turmoil.

"The dollar has been the world's reserve currency since World War II and it's been that for a reason. We are the biggest economy in the world, we are as open as any economy to investment, to trade and we've had stable economic policies...we've had good productivity," Paulson told reporters at an impromptu news briefing on Friday.

Well, if you say so

622936[/snapback]

"... and, gosh darn, people like us."

Pattern working like a charm.

All we need now is a 300 point needle.

622943[/snapback]

I wonder if the pigmen will defend the 13K level? :rolleyes:

622949[/snapback]

The pigmen can't defend anything. They're the ones lying on the ground bleeding out.

If ever there was a craSSh setup, this is it.

622958[/snapback]

Comparing now to the the '87 mini-craSSh, interest rates were higher and the Fed was jacking, this time they're a little lower and they're cutting.

Also the week before the '87 mini-craSSh the p/c ratio was declining dramatically, this time it's holdin' up purty good although still too low fer a bottom.

Sentiment was more bullish then too.

S&P p/e's were higher.

Shorting, with routine self-imposed worst enemas, was not as widespread.

The PPT was not always on the prowl.

Portfolio insurance (stock index futures dynamic hedging) was a ticking time bomb.

On the other hand, back then we didn't have the maSSive RE Fraudscambubble, and the entire culture was not yet 100% corrupt. There were still a few honest men left. They're all dead now.

How's this for timing:

Cramer on BloggingStocks: A tech trio that will rise into year-end

Posted Nov 7th 2007 8:05AM by Jim Cramer

Filed under: Google (GOOG), Apple Inc (AAPL), Research in Motion (RIMM), Stocks to Buy

Jim Cramer says these stocks will ramp higher into year-end.

At this point you can only imagine the questioning:

* "How come you didn't buy Google?"

* What were you thinking when you passed on RIMM? I love my Blackberry."

* "Did you think the iPhone wouldn't be big?"

Ya, you sure wouldn't want to feel like an idiot and miss out. :mellow:

"I love my Blackberry." How's that for reasoning. Yeesh. :blink:

Unlike yesterday, when the internals weren't as bad as the indexes, today the internals are a helluva lot worse than what the indexes are suggesting.? So I wouldn;t be surprised to see the reverse action of yesterday, meaning a fierce selloff into the close.

A/D is over 10 to 1 negative at this point.

622624[/snapback]

OMG. Is my jinxability finally over ? :lol:

622935[/snapback]

Yours, and maybe ours. :lol: Whatever become of Tito? hmmm?

Bye Bye, Il Duce! :P :lol:

Giuliani Commissioner Kerik Indicted for Conspiracy (Update4)

By David Glovin and Patricia Hurtado

Nov. 9 (Bloomberg) -- Bernard Kerik, the police commissioner under New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani who withdrew his nomination to head the Department of Homeland Security, was charged with fraud, tax evasion and lying to the White House.

Kerik, 52, received cash and gifts for lobbying regulators on behalf of a New Jersey construction and waste-management firm, according to a 16-count federal indictment unsealed today. He cheated on taxes, lied to investigators--including those vetting him for the cabinet-level post on behalf of U.S. President George W. Bush--and tried to conceal his crimes, prosecutors alleged.

data?pid=avimage&iid=ioCMHvyAEbAA

Bloomers

How's this for timing:

Cramer on BloggingStocks: A tech trio that will rise into year-end

Posted Nov 7th 2007 8:05AM by Jim Cramer

Filed under: Google (GOOG), Apple Inc (AAPL), Research in Motion (RIMM), Stocks to Buy

Jim Cramer says these stocks will ramp higher into year-end.

At this point you can only imagine the questioning:

? ? * "How come you didn't buy Google?"

? ? * What were you thinking when you passed on RIMM? I love my Blackberry."

? ? * "Did you think the iPhone wouldn't be big?"

Ya, you sure wouldn't want to feel like an idiot and miss out. :mellow:

"I love my Blackberry." How's that for reasoning. Yeesh. :blink:

622979[/snapback]

post-2457-1194660852_thumb.jpg

Price is (not) right: Appraisals now sink sales

Desperate homedebtors trying to unload their stucco scamboxes face a new obstacle: uppraisers who are increasingly coming in with lower-than-expected estimates of crapbox values.

Home uppraisers, who work with mrotgouge borkers and lenders, were not too long ago viewed by some critics as allies of the ream estate industry - agreeing to high appraisals in order to keep on the good side of lenders.

Butt now many are nervous about getting swept up in law-enforcement investigations of uppraisers? roles in pumping up valuations at the behest of some lenders.

Yesturday, New York Attorney General Jocelyn Elders said she had found a ?pattern of collusion? on mrotgouge appraisals linked to Washington Mutual Inc., the nation?s largest savings and loon conpany, and that she planned to send hundreds of corrupt uppraisers to state ass-pounding prison.

post-2457-1194662905.png

Once again, many tanks to Doc for maintaining this site, and, of course, WSE. Because of what I read here and on WSE I was able to bank 4-digit gains four out of five days this week! (Woulda had a 5-digit gain on Friday if I hadn't whacked myself with a too-tight stop on TWM) The sites help me hold fast when the tide is running agin me; hoo boy, did the tide go back out Friday. Sudaca called it right on.

Note to self: fading Suds, K-Wave, or Doc can be bad for your health.

Pattern working like a charm.

All we need now is a 300 point needle.

622943[/snapback]

I wonder if the pigmen will defend the 13K level? :rolleyes:

622949[/snapback]

I took a quick glance at a PnF chart for the DIA. It has potential to 108, but I would watch for a bounce around 120

http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartL..._1194663939.png

12,000 that is. :lol:

Archived