B4 The Bell Frieday May 28

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The US media went along with the Shrubco war promo,fully and completely.

As a result,thousands are now dead,because of this war.i

The US media failed in it's responsibilty to the American people,it also failed in it's

responsibility to humanity.

It is a disgrace.

The US media has done a huge U Turn in recent months. They are reporting the story, and US public opinion is turning against the war, and against the Bush administration. Bush's poll numbers would not have dropped from 90% approval into the 40's were it not for the media pushing them.

My guess is that the media aren't just dropping Bush because the media have to remain credible. It is more than that. The Boyz have made the decision that Bush must not be reelected.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BINGO !!!

so my next question is "WHY" :rolleyes:

that, i am sure, we will never know ;)

So whats with all the naval exercises?

"in times of tight budgets and high fuel prices, it seems a bit odd that so many countries are putting to sea for the next month"

Check out the section on "snowball"

http://www.urbansurvival.com/week.htm

I'm thinking (speculating) in a different direction - like arctic ice sheet movement - not mentioned in the article - sea level rise.

Anybody know what's the story on this George Ure/Urban Survival?

Is the site a leg-pulling exercise?

The US media went along with the Shrubco war promo,fully and completely.

As a result,thousands are now dead,because of this war.i

The US media failed in it's responsibilty to the American people,it also failed in it's

responsibility to humanity.

It is a disgrace.

The US media has done a huge U Turn in recent months. They are reporting the story, and US public opinion is turning against the war, and against the Bush administration. Bush's poll numbers would not have dropped from 90% approval into the 40's were it not for the media pushing them.

My guess is that the media aren't just dropping Bush because the media have to remain credible. It is more than that. The Boyz have made the decision that Bush must not be reelected.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BINGO !!!

so my next question is "WHY" :rolleyes:

that, i am sure, we will never know ;)

Not my guess--- my guess is they see the tide of resentment to their BS, and they don't want to be put out of businesss.

All of these huge propoganda machines are ego centric. They think in their dumb heads that they control opinion, but I disagree.

Growing up is learning how to smell BS. They don't lead, they follow.

brer bear,

Welcome to the best damn site on the web, for people like us. :)

A fact or two from history.

No prez ever won re-election with the market down in his first term and Bush is the first prez since Hoover to have a - jobs number during his term. He will lose.

Night all

Beardrech, I cringe at the very sound of Leo Strauss's name. The man, like James Jesus Angletonof the CIA, was mired in the concept that "everything in politics is deception".  He ignored the fact that sometimes things are just as they seem, and that there is actually some good in humanity. His search for a hidden meaning, and the hidden, in general, translated directly into the WMD fiasco in the Middle EAst. He had the bleakest and most blinkered view of humanity--just what you want in a professor at a prestigious university.

What on earth was it about prewar Germany that caused such an atrocious world view, producing men like Hitler and Strauss?  Strauss's doctrines are replete with ideas of superiority that reject any moral boundaries. Sickening stuff. Everyone should familiarize themselves with his work, because it has formed the ideologies of many in the current administration. What we revile, they aspire to.

Rule One: Deception

"It's hardly surprising then why Strauss is so popular in an administration obsessed with secrecy, especially when it comes to matters of foreign policy. Not only did Strauss have few qualms about using deception in politics, he saw it as a necessity. While professing deep respect for American democracy, Strauss believed that societies should be hierarchical ? divided between an elite who should lead, and the masses who should follow. But unlike fellow elitists like Plato, he was less concerned with the moral character of these leaders. According to Shadia Drury, who teaches politics at the University of Calgary, Strauss believed that "those who are fit to rule are those who realize there is no morality and that there is only one natural right ? the right of the superior to rule over the inferior."

http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=15935

Threadbare

I respect your moral indignation very much; you have the political passion that energises and sustains nation states;especially in dark times--

However,difficult as it is please try to see situation as Strauss saw it--A student of Heidigger,perhaps one of the three greatest minds in 20th century philosophy ---he saw him becoming theRector of Freiberg and keeping his Jewish mentor,Husserl from using the library during the last year of his life; and the momentary conversion leading Heidigger into articulating Hitlerian swill before he realised too late what he was in for--

He saw an entire nation formerly the richest in European intellectual and scientific dynamism become his personal enemy and would be exterminator--loud protestations of liberal freedom by people who became bestialised--and whose political ethic can only be nominalized as an advanced form of Brutalitarianism--

As a jew he saw the depletion of Christian morality rapidly depleted under the bombaardment of the historicists whose replacing ideology turned our to be a boxcar loaded with murderous horseshit--

And when the horstwessel song made the Nazi hit parade he knew it was time to hightail it out of town-

He has a deadly quarrel not with idealism and individualism as you feel it but as he perceived it becoming in the twentieth century---enunciated and bellowed but built on foundation of sand

Perhaps he did become a paranoidal maniac --although i didn't think so, but even if he did his deep going suspicion of mankind was warranted--

One final note: one of his students Jerome Boime wrote an essay in which he communicated the notion of the political fraternity--in it he came to the conclusion tha MORAL communities are by definition fighting and ultimately warring communities---Why ? Because their repective standards are ,in each others eyes,LOATHSOME ANDworthy of being annihilated and eventually weakened governments are taken over by murderous zealots who have to be taken out---

Finally I do not disagree with a single thing you've quoted or said--

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: :cry: :cry:

p.s wonmog; would you believe that i heard Studs Turkle(your avatar) on the radio almost 60 years ago when he ran a program called Wax museum---he played Operas-my dad listening-on Sunday night and interpreted them as if he were a Chivago gangster with critical insight--I wonder if there are any tapes remaining???

I believe that humanity is subject to ideas the way that a field of wheat is subject to a strong wind. The 1st half of the 20th century wasn't a pretty time for most of our crop, with entire traditions of thought reaching their final expressions ad absurdum. What began as existential liberation in the hands of characters such as Kierkegaard and Schopenhauer wound up as group madness dividing families and the entire globe. Those winds are real- how else to explain the tide of ideas, even flukes like the conception of calculus simultaneously the same year in different countries? I suppose that any idea can be justified- but at some point you have to forget the pyramid of premises and just look in from outside objectively and say, "this is whack". Why they didn't in Germany at that time is beyond me, just like all the crazy shit today.

Archived