The China Bubble

Guest Icky Twerp

I forwarded the complaint, also.

I tho't Hannes's explanation was good, tho' the point meltdown value vs. numismatic value is worth considering.

I've invited him to join us on GoldenStool, which he said he would continue.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the email I just got from Hannes at Tulving...

Lets get some facts straight.

The same day I returned his 10 coins, I sent out checks to other

customers and vendors for over $300,000 on gold coins PURCHASED.

Here is a quote from the letter we sent him( I would be happy to fax you

a copy of the letter)

"When we recieved the package the coins were loose in the box"

"The top of the tube was not taped. This may be the reason the coins

have so many marks"

Fact; the coins were NOT in plastic sleeves, they were in a tube of 10.

Fact: I paid, out of my pocket, almost $20 to Overnite the coins back to

the customer.

(My comment: that was obviously a lot cheaper than taking back the coins.)

What we got from him was bad quality, banged up, ugly coins, because HE

did not ship properly.

I can not be held accountable for his negligence in shipping.

I do over $4 Million month in sales. I have bought back coins from

Hundreds of customers at the agreed upon price.

I am sorry I was not able to buy his coins, but, it was, his fault for

not taping the tube.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions you may have had.

Thanks, Hannes Tulving, The Tulving Co.

I think the lesson here is clear. If you are going to be dumping your coins at the top of the channel, make damn sure your t's are crossed and your i's are dotted. While I personally consider this excuse to reject the order flimsy at best, unfortunately this is his business and that is the way it goes.

downtick - since you already have a dialog going with Hannes, please ask him (taking his response at face value) what exactly is the customer now supposed to do with his 10 scratched bullion coins? Is there no market for these now? I thought gold was gold. thanks 27

not sure quite what ugly means...while they don't exactly look like they just came off the printing presses they aren't gouged up (or "garbage" as Hannes referred to them) minus some "slight" surface scratches 1/2 of which were there when I bought them from him previously. This is direct from his original email: > > If they are .9999 and not banged up, pay $390

> > If they are .999 or banged up, pay $380

> > Thanks, Hannes at the Tulving Co.

No answer on why he wouldn't even pay me the $380. Anyone want to go to his storefront? :lol:

It's not like fellow stoolies are buying these for their "rarity or collectibility". We're buying 'cause it's gold and the dates or mint markings or other things of that nature don't really matter in this case. BWTFDIK. :unsure:

The dollar's weakness over the past year, not to mention in the past few weeks, has done much to flatter commodity markets.

Exactly why commodities can be as good a hedge against dollar weakness as foreign currencies, which are themselves being depreciated.

Certainly, I couldn't agree more. However :huh: , in true Kontrarian fashion, that which has done well may not continue, at least for a little while.

If what I think is going to play out does, then profits in caccaoddities should be taken off the table, and right bloody pronto.

It looks to me like they sold the double top. :o :blink: :huh: :rolleyes: :unsure: :shocked

Please don't shoot me, I'm just a messenger. I merely report what I see.

It ain't me doin' the sellin'. I ain't gots none anyway. :blink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

post-7-1065313012.png

Anotherquestion: There is a guy who also uses those sigma bands, his website is called mkcycles.com or something like that. Doc once recommended him too. Does anyone know how his site is exactly called?

Tim Wood-Cycles?

Link in Doc's tower on the left of the page

http://www.cyclesman.com/

Here's the email I just got from Hannes at Tulving...

Lets get some facts straight.

The same day I returned his 10 coins, I sent out checks to other

customers and vendors for over $300,000 on gold coins PURCHASED.

Here is a quote from the letter we sent him( I would be happy to fax you

a copy of the letter)

"When we recieved the package the coins were loose in the box"

"The top of the tube was not taped. This may be the reason the coins

have so many marks"

Fact; the coins were NOT in plastic sleeves, they were in a tube of 10.

Fact: I paid, out of my pocket, almost $20 to Overnite the coins back to

the customer.

(My comment: that was obviously a lot cheaper than taking back the coins.)

What we got from him was bad quality, banged up, ugly coins, because HE

did not ship properly.

I can not be held accountable for his negligence in shipping.

I do over $4 Million month in sales. I have bought back coins from

Hundreds of customers at the agreed upon price.

I am sorry I was not able to buy his coins, but, it was, his fault for

not taping the tube.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions you may have had.

Thanks, Hannes Tulving, The Tulving Co.

I think the lesson here is clear. If you are going to be dumping your coins at the top of the channel, make damn sure your t's are crossed and your i's are dotted. While I personally consider this excuse to reject the order flimsy at best, unfortunately this is his business and that is the way it goes.

downtick - since you already have a dialog going with Hannes, please ask him (taking his response at face value) what exactly is the customer now supposed to do with his 10 scratched bullion coins? Is there no market for these now? I thought gold was gold. thanks 27

not sure quite what ugly means...while they don't exactly look like they just came off the printing presses they aren't gouged up (or "garbage" as Hannes referred to them) minus some "slight" surface scratches 1/2 of which were there when I bought them from him previously. This is direct from his original email: > > If they are .9999 and not banged up, pay $390

> > If they are .999 or banged up, pay $380

> > Thanks, Hannes at the Tulving Co.

No answer on why he wouldn't even pay me the $380. Anyone want to go to his storefront? :lol:

It's not like fellow stoolies are buying these for their "rarity or collectibility". We're buying 'cause it's gold and the dates or mint markings or other things of that nature don't really matter in this case. BWTFDIK. :unsure:

Based on the fact that the coins were not collectibles to begin with--which you assert and Hannes does not refute--I wouldn't do business with him. In fact, he sounds like real jerk to me. Nothing but defensiveness, bluster, and BS. He should have sent you the $380/coin (the lower of the two prices)--if only to keep your business--with a note letting you know about the packing problem for future reference, and the impact of scratches and nicks on price, etc. Heaping blame on your customers is usually not a good way to stay in business.

Tim Wood-Cycles?

Link in Doc's tower on the left of the page

http://www.cyclesman.com/

tnaks alceringa, Tim Wood is also good, but he isnt the guy i thought about. The guy i am searching for did offer a free trail from time to time and also did post on LOB to infrom about those free trial periods. That all was a year or several months ago.

I ask because that service ForexTM uses them same method as that guy, it uses Sigma Bands, those bands were also used by Hurst. It seems that one can uses those sigma bands very good for trading forex. Because of that i wanted to check out.

Doc,

is it possible to produce those Sigma Bands (which Hurst also used) with eSignal charts software?

Trade risk management and mktcycles.com are one and the same.

Disclosure- This is an affiliate link. The Stool receives residuals for sales of this service. The service is not cheap, but for those of you with substantial accounts, it is worth it, in my opinion. Several stoolies are using it on a continuing basis.

If anyone knows of other sites or software with sigma bands let us know!

Hmm ForexTM is the same guy too. I don't do affiliate programs except for his and Tend Trader. I think I'll sign up for the ForexTM affiliate program. Meanwhile, I will work on putting myself out of that end of the business. :lol: If I can find a service offering the same thing or similar for less, I will let you know.

Doc,

yeah, seems that this forex thoing and "trade risk management" is one and the same. Note that you pay for the "forex only" thing more than for the other, but with that "trade risk management" you also get indices and stocks and commodities and so on :lol:

So if there is anyone who uses that service please share your views. I like that Simga Bands really much, that thing looks good. He has a chart of GBP which shows that in May the top wasnt in, the Sigma Band wasnt at an extreme, but in June it was. With the system I use, the top could have been in in May too. So it seems that Sigma Band service is worth the price.

So again, if there is anyone who ever used that service please feel free to share your view. If you dont wanna make it public please Pm me or write email. TIA.

Good night. :)

. . .and I've deleted mine. No point in confusing stoolies further.:lol:

Nonetheless, I've got Marketviews TV up and I'm still waiting for Ike to put up the interview!

(That's OK, I'm watching the end of Dr. Strangelove on AMC and the Boston/Oakland game on ESPN. It seems the umpires are trying to win it for Boston).

Nonetheless, I've got Marketviews TV up and I'm still waiting for Ike to put up the interview!

(That's OK, I'm watching the end of Dr. Strangelove on AMC and the Boston/Oakland game on ESPN. It seems the umpires are trying to win it for Boston).

Somebody has to! Free the Sox!

(That's OK, I'm watching the end of Dr. Strangelove on AMC and the Boston/Oakland game on ESPN.  It seems the umpires are trying to win it for Boston).

Mousey:

Wouldn't be a Boston playoff without a controversial call. Ask the Oakland Raiders about the "tuck rule". :o

Archived