World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Gritty gleaning

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

w?s=%5EAORD&lang=en-AU&region=AU

A bounce for All Ords with the index finishing +0.7%.  Sectors ranged from Consumer Staples +1.6%, Financials/REITS +1.3% down to Gold -3.4% and Miners -0.9%.

Over in Asia, Japan +0.3%, India currently +0.9%, China and Hong Kong closed.

On to UK/Europe:

t?s=%5EFTSE&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=3

t?s=%5EGDAXI&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=

t?s=%5EFCHI&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=3

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/

I remember back in the late 60s, I think the Dow touched 1000 intraday a couple of times prior to the 68-69 bear market. Also in 1971. Then in January 73 it went over, to top tick at 1067 in January. 

And that was the end of it. Dow hit 570 in December 1974. Took years for it to break 1000 again. 

I remember back in the late 60s, I think the Dow touched 1000 intraday a couple of times prior to the 68-69 bear market. Also in 1971. Then in January 73 it went over, to top tick at 1067 in January. 

And that was the end of it. Dow hit 570 in December 1974. Took years for it to break 1000 again. 

A 50% crash seems very optimistic.

The world was a lot less interconnected in the 60's and 70's, manufacturing companies had huge warehouses with 6-12 months of materials to manufacture, If the same sort of crash happens today, and import of goods from China,Korea,Japan dries up due to payment or tariff issues. The whole of America's  manufacturing will stop within a month due to lack of parts.

Can you imagine the protest's when people cannot buy a TV to watch keeping up with the Kardashians, and the shelves of Walmart are bare.

Gun manufacture is still mostly domestic. So there would be no shortage of guns. 

Archived