B4 The Bell Humpday August 4

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yobob1
Yobo,

Thats good point, however, I don't agree entirely. These were all self made business people who are not in the ruling elite. In fact they are shut out of the political process. I liken them to most stoolies who seem to have an independent nature and are largely succesful in running a business.

I would agree rog, however those who have alot of money relaitve to those they live amongst view things differently than those in the middle or below. They are more interested in not rocking the boat and having their jewels fall overboard, whereas those below would like to rock the boat and catch the falling jewels. Bear in mind we are not refering to the "family jewels" here. :lol:

Yobo,

Thats good point, however, I don't agree entirely. These were all self made business people who are not in the ruling elite. In fact they are shut out of the political process. I liken them to most stoolies who seem to have an independent nature and are largely succesful in running a business.

I would agree rog, however those who have alot of money relaitve to those they live amongst view things differently than those in the middle or below. They are more interested in not rocking the boat and having their jewels fall overboard, whereas those below would like to rock the boat and catch the falling jewels. Bear in mind we are not refering to the "family jewels" here. :lol:

Perhaps you're thinking of the family "rod"

Look you city slickers know nothing about what makes a great outdoor experience.

A combination of some of the following elements is required:

A major mechanical breakdown in your rig due to a previous botched "temporary" repair when it broke down the last time you were 50 miles from the nearest phone.  Or as a substitute being stuck in knee deep mud only to discover your tow rope is being used at home to hold up the leaning shed and your winch has seized up because of the last time you got stuck but forgot to fix.

Severe sunburn or frostbite due to leaving the proper attire back at camp.  1,000 mosquito bites after you discover that you brought Easy Off oven cleaner instead of Off bug repellant.  An acceptable substitute is a rattlesnake bite on your butt that no one will suck the poison out of.  Pitching your tent on top of the rattlesnake is the best way to accomplish this.

Tossing a pole overboard is ok, but only if it was your only pole.  A decent substitute is having your open tackle box perched on the back of the boat and having your fishing buddy "accidentally" knock it off with the net as he is netting a record fish on the end of your line.  Of course the outcome of the netting must be the accidental loss of the fish.  It only looks like your buddy is swatting at the fish with the net.  Really he's trying to help. Honest.  Jealousy can be such an ugly thing.

Losing the boat off the trailer on the highway is ok, but for proper misery one should really manage to launch the boat and tow vehicle both.  Of course this is only appropriate if you forgot to install the drain plug on the boat.  An acceptable subsitute during hunting season is putting a 7mm round through your engine block while shooting at a squirrel which is the only live thing you've seen in three days.  Of course you must miss the squirrel for full value.

These are some of the things that make a trip memorable.  Still can't figure why my guide service hasn't taken off.

:lol:

Yeah, what would it be like if we didn't have those fond memories. Somethings you can't just forget, no matter how much liquor one tries to consume.

Yobo,

True. One think that struck me was that anyone with a college education (which is free, but based on performance) can afford domestic workers. At the minimum a working profesional couple who have a maid, nanny and cook.

10:00am 08/04/04

U.S. factory orders stronger than expected By Rex Nutting

WASHINGTON (CBS.MW) - Orders for U.S-made factory goods increased 0.7 percent in June, the fourth gain in the past five months, the Commerce Department estimated Wednesday. Factory orders had increased 0.4 percent in May, in contrast to the 0.3 percent decline originally reported. Economists were expecting June orders to rise 0.6 percent. Considering the large upward revision to May's data, orders were much stronger than expected. Much of the increase came from the 79.1 percent rise in orders for defense aircraft. Orders for core capital goods increased a healthy 1.1 percent. Factory shipments increased 0.7 percent in June to a record $367.2 billion after rising 0.6 percent in May.

Archived