B4 The Bell, Moonday, August 2

<snip>

We seriously need to visualize the future and try to understand the impact of less/no

oil or gas.  My kids believe in the power and might of the USofA and some kind of

inherent right to take these from the rest of the world so that we survive.  They

seem to think our intellectual/scientific superiority will conquer all problems, as in

the past.  These philosophical differences separate us and makes me very sad.

People are worried about a military draft.  That is shortsighted because rationing

will only be about two steps behind.  As long as we persist in an aggressive stance

toward the rest of the world, my less than optimistic outcome is assured. As a

grandparent, traditionally my role would be to offer the hope of the future to my

children's children.  Best I can come up with is to teach love and understanding.

"...to teach love and understanding."

Indeed. Power- enconomic, military, essentially coercion of whatever flavor, seems

perennially more attractive. Perhaps in another millennia or two, after the last horrendous wars have taught us a thing or two, it will be different?

In my springtime as a young'un- (late '60s) I looked around this society & made a quick calculation: my best course thru life was to stay under the radar, disengage to the extent I could, try to live according to my own sense of integrity & values. But I let myself be sucked back- maybe it was a necessary voyage to learn the hard way how hard it is to beat the system at its own game- actually just to try to chip out a semi-insulated niche. The real lesson for me, now- is just that... "... love and understanding." At least try to practice among my small circle of friends, avoiding of course trite melancholy ;) . As to the broader world, I haven't a clue... :blink:

Wonmug, I understand.

Currently there is a terrific thunder/lightning/rain storm here in Michigan.

The power has gone out twice. These events are but forewarnings.

I am an Aquarian. Humanity is now entering the Age of the Aquarius.

This 2000 yr era of group harmony, peace, love and understanding will replace

the prior 2000 yr Piscean Age -- wars, dissent, religious controversy, emotionalism.

The change of an "Age=2000 yrs" is quite dramatic.

This involves the total dissolution of social structures that supported the ideologies of prior "Ages."

We look at the Hypertiger warnings. We look at the collapse of the oil-fed world.

We are simply watching the change of an ERA.

Jesus Christ appeared near the beginning of the Piscean Age and in spite of his teachings of peace, the world has had one religious war after another. Yet, many of those wars were actually about power and finance. Like today.

Most of us will probably not live long enough to witness the fullness of this change, yet we are in a position to seed the future, if you will; to teach love and understanding, to offer a better way than what the past 2000yrs have given us.

In the above perspective, I am very, very optimistic about the future of mankind.

However, I also think that we may very well have to go thru hell to get there.

There is soooo much evil in this world that must be removed, there are so many

attitudes, laws that will be changed. All of this will be very painful to the populace.

It will take Eons and Eons to perfect humankind.....Be the best you can be, Do the

best that you can do. These are seeds that will grow into a better humanity.

JMHO

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian,

I can do ya one better. I was at my nephews house and watched his neighbor throw a grill in the trash. I asked if I could have it and he said sure. I took it home and put $40.00 in parts into it ( new racks and 1 control. And have been using it for the past 3 weeks.

Wasteful people!!!

PS. My wife hates to go riding with me as she never knows what I might pick up.

Earlier this year I got 4 hardwood doors and 5 bikes.

:lol:

Score Sleddy!

I got my webber grill out of the trash on 'big trash' day. Found a perfectly good shopvac with it (just needed to rinse the element out). One Stoolie gathers what another sheep spills......

It will be interesting to hear what New Yorkers have to say about this last alert when they read about this in the morning.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Times Editorial

For wimpy Collins, who is in charge of these things, tough words. Why, she almost sounds like that CRAAAAAZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYY HOWARD DEAN! (yeeargh!)

The Times reports today that much of the information that led to the heightened alert is actually three or four years old and that authorities had found no concrete evidence that a terror plot was actually under way. This news does nothing to bolster the confidence Americans need that the administration is not using intelligence for political gain.

Click Here

Archived