B4 the Bell, Humpday July 7, 2004

Guest yobob1

Guest yobob1

I can see the caravan formed up at the border. 200 stoolies in old Dodge Darts with Cummins diesels under the hood running on vegetable oil. Large faced watches glistening in the sun on the arms perched on the window openings. Back seats stuffed with treasured "antique" American appliances from the 50s. Rear bumpers riding suspiciously low due to some "unknown" concentration of weight hidden in the trunk. Throw a mattrtess on top and you could be looking at a remake of the 1930s Dust Bowl exodus. Wait until we pull into Brian's driveway. Won't he be surprised! I hope everyone remembers to bring a covered dish and they aren't all beans again. :lol:

globex.png

nasdaq.png

A quick look at Uncle " peg leg" Bucky for the last year shows something interesting. The last time it fell below its 50dma in a declining trend it was worth a 10+ cent haircut before it reversed. Don't know about you, but I haven't ever seen a good 10 cent haircut.

history.gif?s=NYBOT_DXY0&t=l&w=15&a=50&v=d12

So far this AM the PMs are all in synch to the upside with yesterdays' New York slappage having been reversed and then some. Pretty much all up through Hong Kong continuing in London/Zurich. One little odd down spike in Hong Kong that looks an awful lot like "pull the bids and then cover our butt!" But hey it's early yet. I'm getting a feeling that silver may take the lead position in the not too distant future. BWTFDIK.

Long yields creeping up. What happened to the flight to safety? Not enough panic over in the stocks.........yet.

A quick note on Ickys reporting on the foreclosures in the Heartland. When you consider all of the "options" that banks have for keeping someone in the home and the likely extreme abuses of those options, I think we're seeing just the tip of the iceberg. I sense the flood gates are just about to open as the effectiveness of the trickery expires and the previously "saved" mortgages enter a new phase of the damned. Thank God they all paid off their high interest credit card debts with their equity. What's that? You mean they ran their balances right back up to the limits and used their equity to buy a fur lined hot tub and a plasma TV for the patio? What were they thinking? A question soon to be often repeated. Americans have lived the illusion of prosperity with money borrowed from the rest of the world. There won't be any "tennis shoeing" on this feast. The inn keeper will want blood, but will quickly discover we're all turnips.

But wait there's more.... GM is increasing incentives. Boy what a surprise. Well I think there is a surprise awaiting GM, Frod and DCX. I think the surprise is that they have already sold everybody 2 gas guszzling SUVs and their continuing increases in incentives have decimated the values of the potential trade-ins over the last few years. The effect of the continual price declines in the new vehicles is the used values drop by at least as much, but those who bought last year or the year before will fall further underwater making financing out of the old buggy into a new one will get tougher as time goes on. They made their bed are sleeping in it and now it's on fire. Personally I'm still waiting for the buy one, get one free offer.

Other dealers said they expected the automaker to announce new cash rebates and interest-free loans soon.

"They said there is supposed to be some extra money coming out," a Chevrolet dealer in Michigan said after talking to a GM sales official.

A GM spokesman said the automaker would announce new offers Wednesday. Ford Motor Co., which posted an 11 percent drop in its U.S. sales for June excluding its foreign brands, is also expected to announce new incentives later this week, a Ford spokesman said.

GM and Ford's U.S. sales fell further than both the company and industry anal cysts expected due to lower incentives last month and an aging lineup of pickups and SUVs. Both automakers have lost market share to Asian rivals this year. Following June's weak sales, company officials acknowledged that they were unlikely to recover the lost share..........

.....Following a similar build-up in inventories in April, the industry unveiled higher incentives in May, which caused sales to soar to a nine-month high. "We expect the same response (with new incentives) in July," Casesa said. 

I expect they will get what they deserve and not what they expect.

GM adds incentives to spur sales. (But the horse may be dead)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mortgage activity, while up significantly last week, will have to go up a lot more than that to be called a "refinancing boom".

Mortgage loan apps up; 30-yr rates fall in past week By Steve Gelsi

NEW YORK (CBS.MW) -- The Market Composite Index of mortgage loan applications increased by 19.5 percent to 687 on a seasonally adjusted basis from 575 in the past week, according to a survey by the Mortgage Bankers Association. On an unadjusted basis, the index increased by 19.2 percent compared with last week but was down 34.1 percent compared with the same week one year earlier. The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages decreased to 5.96 percent from 6.21 percent one week earlier. The seasonally adjusted refinance index increased by 27.6 percent. The government index increased 9.7 percent. The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 35.8 percent of total applications from 33.4 percent.

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/newsfinder...gle&dist=google

On anothre subject, Saudi Arabia again promises to deliver on its August oil production increase - which would be the highest level of production they have aimed for in quite a long time. I say - show me the oil! :lol: Oil Slips as Saudi Arabia Pledges Oil

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

WallStreet will vote with its Feet :lol: Go kerry and little john :lol:

the 1st american revolution was over a tax of 1/2%.

wonder what the next one will be about

WallStreet will vote with its Feet :lol: Go kerry and little john :lol:

the 1st american revolution was over a tax of 1/2%.

wonder what the next one will be about

It'll never happen. As long as the freedom to select any color Slurpee you want at any time of the day or night subsists, there will never be a peep from the Sheeple. Last week's Supreme Court judgments and the ongoing offenses by Bushco prove that.

Back From the Brink

MoGauge Pops

Once a week Doc fills you in on the all important MoGauge , straight from the MoGauge Bankers Ass. The MoGauge reflects a major source of liquidity in the financial bubble world and is an important indicator of future market behavior, often forecasting broad market movements months in advance. Take a subscribatory and download your MoGauge RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Archived