Fantasy Island

2.4% isn't even what the economists would call "trend growth". ?

It appears to me as if the orgy of borrowing and consuming has moved from the private sector to the government.

Exactly. The federal government is still the top-rated credit in the country ... "risk-free," as the saying goes.

Bubble II ends when Treasury debt is junk-rated. Plenty of time to party before then.

Aye, and since the greenback is backed by uranium and plutonium its creditworthiness gets a bit more stretch than that of your average banana republic.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bullseatshitndie
look at Nasdaq chart...painted into a corner. :lol:

Any less trading range and the market disappears into thin air :P

I vote for massive break to downside. Just going with the odds.

that early move may have been a fakeout. short spx, long 10yr

I'll think about that tonight when I'm at the playground with my kids or later on when I'm swimming laps at the public pool.

exactly.

I ask myself: What do the rich want more? The shrub and his pals cut taxes like there is no tomorrow, they can send their kids to harvard and so on, they can "buy" their own politician, they can live in white suburbs where the crime is only visible on TV.

So when the state does spend it is a lose of wealth?????

Yes, the rich have problems to get even richer, but for the poor and lower middle class it is hwelp to come out of the mess.

Cutting taxes is ALWAYS good for the rich, it never helps the POOR.

All bull news all the time @ the TOP :lol:

A little anecdote from MH's birthday dinner last night. Friend of ours came over, who's a real estate agent. She has clients who are still looking for investment properties - buildings in village center with first-floor retail space and apartments upstairs. She said "nobody wants to be involved in the stock market; real estate is safer and you can sell it if you need your money back."

Of course that's standard Realtor propaganda. But if her perception that (some) people are still negative on the stock market is correct, Bubble II could have a ways to go. At the top, everybody's bullish.

Guest Icky Twerp

I admire the resolute contrarianism here: to my simple mind, the occam's razor says AG has succeeded... he's successfully rotated bubble-to-bubble till the manufacturing has re-ignited - smoldering, anyway - even if it is mostly defense. I'll hang a while, but LOB sounds like whistling past the graveyard, to me. I guess Norman Vincent Peale is the guy for me now. :blink:

Archived