B4 The Bell Thursday August 5

After fighting in Viet Nam, Kerry came to the right conclusion, and his decisions to quit the war, and his position after leaving the war were the right ones, in my opinion.

Bush stayed home, drank and partied, and shirked his duty. I think that contrast says it all about the character issue here.

Doc,

By your logic then, Bob Dole should have been elected in 1996, no?

What bugs me about Kerry and his Vietnam experience is that in 1992, while campaigning for Clinton, he said Vietnam should NOT be used as a divisive political issue in the Presidential campaign; isn't it hypocritical of him to now wrap himself in the flag?

Mad-

My logic is that Kerry is a better choice than Bush. Dole is a good man. I think we would have been better off with him than with Clinton. Not sure how you arrive at Kerry being hypocritical for pointing out that he went an fought while Bush didn't.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Fed withdrew $2B more from the repo pool, which is two days in a row of about the same action. To repeat, it looks like they are locking in a 0.25% rate increase next week. I suppose the advance word from Secretary Snow is the economy is strong and getting stronger, but at worse the figures will be good enough to keep the Fed on course to a rate increase.

The Fed is reducing the repo market temporarily to tighten the Fed funds market ahead of the rate hike next week. I expect after that they will add back repos and go back to sleath monetary easing. No one wants to be first to say the R word (recession), especially the Fed - and we are not quite there yet. But money supply measures say the economy is slowing down fast to almost no growth. More figures on that tonight.

Many tanks to Doc for the Feed Report which lays out all the details. ;)

Fercryin out loud, I believed the s.o.b. I was a sucker.

Yeah, me too, and now not only am I disappointed, but I pissed as hell for believing all the lies. :angry:

The Fed withdrew $2B more from the repo pool, which is two days in a row of about the same action. To repeat, it looks like they are locking in a 0.25% rate increase next week. I suppose the advance word from Secretary Snow is the economy is strong and getting stronger, but at worse the figures will be good enough to keep the Fed on course to a rate increase.

The Fed is reducing the repo market temporarily to tighten the Fed funds market ahead of the rate hike next week. I expect after that they will add back repos and go back to sleath monetary easing. No one wants to be first to say the R word (recession), especially the Fed - and we are not quite there yet. But money supply measures say the economy is slowing down fast to almost no growth. More figures on that tonight.

Many tanks to Doc for the Feed Report which lays out all the details. ;)

Wasn't there a net add today? A 14-day, 7-day and overnight repo for a 5B add.

Posted on Aug 5 2004, 10:46 AM

The Fed withdrew $2B more from the repo pool, which is two days in a row of about the same action. To repeat, it looks like they are locking in a 0.25% rate increase next week.

HB, agreed

likes of GE getting slapped a bit

Also CFC, MBI :grin:

My goodness,

A half Trillion doolar defense bill

His majesty states:

"With this legislation America's military will know that their country stands behind them as they fight for our freedom and as they spread the peace,"

Theres a word that characterizes a statement or definition that is the opposite of its true meaning (ie money=debt). Perhaps one of the more loquacious stoolies wouldn't mind helping ol lucid out? :blink:

Archived