B4 The Bell Tuezelday October 12

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Plunger- The other day you said that those who control the media control the government.  You said to go all the way to the top.  Who is it that you think controls the media? What factual evidence can you provide in support of your contention? 

I do not think the stories of a rogue wave in the Gulf of Mexico support the idea of a media conspiracy, but again, if there is a conspiracy at the "very top", I'm not sure who is at the very top.  Is it some secret society? Is it the Bush administration? Hillary's vast right wing conspiracy?

Who is it? And how do they execute this conspiracy?

Of course you know full well that your question could not be answered by the likes of me.

You have been just as adamant that there is no such control over the media as I have been that there is. Neither of us is in a position to prove our positions, by design.

I have no need to be right in this regard from the perspective of my own ego, but I am not a coincidence theorist, and with every observation that I make every day, my own position becomes more clear to me. Everone should do their own research and formulate their own opinon, as I have stated previously.

It is surely just coincidence that the Futures Bug went out this morning on CNBS at precisely the same time that the price of oil spiked - tied to a Shell Oil pipeline explosion in Nigeria.

These coincidences occur in the media every day.

I have no need to prove anything to anyone.

I also want to point out again that the only stories catalogued by Google using the words "anarchists Republican Convention" appeared only yesterday, as inside page editorial and opinion pieces, from exactly opposing points of view from NY's major daily newspapers. It is no surprise that the editorial supporting the NYPD was in Rupert Murdoch's NY Post. The piece against was in Newsday. Everyone knows the Murdoch is a Conservative stooge (or kingpin depending on your point of view), and no one reading the NY Post reads the editorial pages anyway. They look at the headlines and pictures on the front page, and read the sports. But the fact that the articles took opposing points of view supports the contention that there is still diversity of opinion, and refutes the idea of a monolithic conspiracy.

I do know for a fact that Google, and the Internet generally, are cleansed of certain stories and other content by your government's minders on a minute by minute basis.

Again...I'm just stating my own opinion/knowledge base.

Everone should form their own opinions.

I am not an advocate.

machine: Do you have that link to get into free sites that require registration? There is a NYTime articl I want to read and I can not recall my password. Thanks

All you need to know is the email address you used when you registered, they will send a message containing your password to that address. There should be a link in the logon area that says "Forgot your password?" or something like that.

Watch out what you say in chat rooms (I guess this applies to bulletin boards as well):

U.S. Funds Chat-Room Surveillance Study

Anarchist. C-4. Semtex. Heroin. Heckler & Koch. Arafat. Cocaine. Skull and Bones. Mena. Grassy knoll. Union Bank Corporation. School Book Depository. Deep storage gold. Paula Jones. Juanita Broaddrick. Trilateral Commission. White House intern.

The fickle koala frolics in the mist. I say again: the fickle koala frolics in the mist.

That is all.

Some of the gulf oil rig damage:

Portions of the drilling rig for the Murphy Oil Company's Medusa MC538 platform toppled over and crashed into the platform itself.

One Diamond America's rig lost 11 of its 12 anchors and was found drifting offshore.

Dominion's "Devil's Tower" toppled into the Gulf water, and it is not yet clear if the drilling tower is still attached to the platform or if it here it has fallen to the Gulf floor.

Shell's Deepwater Nautilus submersible was found floating 85 miles from its moorings.

WOW!

Well, this is all news to me as of today, so if a bunch of you guys knew this stuff earlier, I'd have loved to have heard about it.

Watch out what you say in chat rooms (I guess this applies to bulletin boards as well):

U.S. Funds Chat-Room Surveillance Study

Anarchist. C-4. Semtex. Heroin. Heckler & Koch. Arafat. Cocaine. Skull and Bones. Mena. Grassy knoll. Union Bank Corporation. School Book Depository. Deep storage gold. Paula Jones. Juanita Broaddrick. Trilateral Commission. White House intern.

The fickle koala frolics in the mist. I say again: the fickle koala frolics in the mist.

That is all.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

machine: Do you have that link to get into free sites that require registration? There is a NYTime articl I want to read and I can not recall my password. Thanks

soup,

It's www.bugmenot.com ... however, it seems the NYT is onto them ... most of their ID/passwords for the NYT don't work anymore.

Bugmenot is still good for most other fishwrappers, though. ;)

Archived