IDS World Markets Mon 26th October 09

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cramit also put a 150 target on AMZN..( never said what would happen after it finishes its parabolic spike)...and he had some guy on from Evergreen who said we have 3.5 trillion dollars sitting in cash waiting to buy stocks....I was in the car and got hit by his spit coming out of the speakers...

He's apparently in for whiskey so I'm on power mute....

If you are not a "big" investor, avoid the bars. They are not very liquid and are easy to fake. The only thing you can do if you must have bars is buy them from a reputable dealer and then pay for an assay to assure their content. Magnets can also be used to detect some types of substitute metals.

If you are a small investor, stick with US minted coins. Their content is guaranteed by the mint and are more liquid as they are accepted by more dealers and traders than bars. Gold and silver eagles fit the bill, but you can also buy bags of pre-1965 quarters which contain .181 oz. of silver in them ($3.15 value in dollar terms). Coins are useful not only as a store of value for investment purposes, but they are also legal tender and can be used as money today (face value) or could be used as money in the future (bullion value) when the SHTF and the dollar/banking system collapses.

Here is a link to a simple product that will detect fake bullion coins. It measures the diameter, thickness, and weight of the coin. Fake coins can be made to look real on the surface, but they can't duplicate all three characteristics becuase alternate metals will have different properties (hence, different dimensions). I own one of these, and it works (although I've never come across a fake Eagle yet).

http://www.fisch.co.za/operation.htm

Thnx. Good info.

On an international scale Canadian gold and silver coins and British sovereigns are recommended. Especially the Sovereigns as even the US Airforce uses them as the best universal gold coin in their crash emergency kits.

Where'd you get that "fact"?

The air force survival kit has a gold coin in it.

My gut says the chances of that being true are either nil, or impossible.

Any former airmen out there to put this one to rest?

one BIG sideway all over the world.

bTW I dont know if you are familiar with this but europe change the clock today. Normally, in CEE region, US start session at 15:30 (3:30 pm). For the next week, we start with 14:30 (2:30pm). So europe will be with usa for one more hour during this week, untill usa also change the time.

Cramit also put a 150 target on AMZN..( never said what would happen after it finishes its parabolic spike)...and he had some guy on from Evergreen who said we have 3.5 trillion dollars sitting in cash waiting to buy stocks....I was in the car and got hit by his spit coming out of the speakers...

He's apparently in for whiskey so I'm on power mute....

Good move being on power mute.

I just followed your lead.he seems

to have had an extra helping of obnoxious

for breakfast this morning.

one BIG sideway all over the world.

bTW I dont know if you are familiar with this but europe change the clock today. Normally, in CEE region, US start session at 15:30 (3:30 pm). For the next week, we start with 14:30 (2:30pm). So europe will be with usa for one more hour during this week, untill usa also change the time.

Clearly up on ES so far.

Mr. Widget's 2 day cycle oscillator went to the buy side between 3:30 and 3:40 on Firday. :(

The 5 day is out of synch and late on this.

He just popped through two resistance lines at 1089, but is pulling back.

Could you please tell me when the major European bourses (cash and futures) open and close now in relation to US Eastern Time? I do not trade in Europe and have found varying times (particuilarly the closing) in my research online.

I try to keep track because of the coordinated pump jobs into the close of the European bourses equivalent to our hour of power.

Thnx.

Archived