Cincinnatus vs. The Phantom Menace

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest libertas
All eyes on the 5th largest ecom in the world

calafornacate ?BBB paper now :lol: paper ponzi ?:lol:

A budget deal was reached in Kali Senate and will be voted on Sunday night.

Budget deal

Assembly and Gov. still have to agree. If passed, this would avoid default.

The deal doesn't look like it solves anything, just delays the day of reckoning. What if the economy just muddles along or gets worse?

I'll be moving to some other state to protect myself.

The deal doesn't look like it solves anything, just delays the day of reckoning. What if the economy just muddles along or gets worse?

You're right, the deal just pushes back an $8 billion deficit till next summer. But that's a very different outcome than the Big D, DEFAULT. The checks keep flowing for now.

I would not put 100% probability on the deal going through. Earlier this week some Assembly Democrats were speculating that a default might be politically beneficial if it could be pinned on the Republicans. Still some perverse incentives at work.

Change in trend!

No more fucutures spikes = Let the suckers buy.

"Better numbers" both economic and corporate = Ease of Distribution.

Insiders still seem to be selling although not as much in July as the two previous months and that always raises a red flag. What do they see or know that the rest of us don't -- or are they wrong? :huh:

Change in trend!

No more fucutures spikes = Let the suckers buy.

"Better numbers" both economic and corporate = Ease of Distribution.

Insiders still seem to be selling although not as much in July as the two previous months and that always raises a red flag. What do they see or know that the rest of us don't -- or are they wrong? :huh:

They know that the anal cysts and talking heads on Crapvision are full of crap.

This debt spiral is just sad. Very sad. So many of our friends, most of our corporations and governments, maybe even ourselves - caught in the trap. There is a bearish side to a credit crisis which will benefit many on this site, myself included. The myopic benefit will be dwarfed by the huge burden we will need to carry, for a very long time, to finally "pay" the debt off. And it will not be paid off in the usual manner debts are paid off. That is what is really frightening.

All eyes on the 5th largest ecom in the world

calafornacate ?BBB paper now :lol: paper ponzi ?:lol:

A budget deal was reached in Kali Senate and will be voted on Sunday night.

Budget deal

Assembly and Gov. still have to agree. If passed, this would avoid default.

I'll be moving to some other state to protect myself.

New Hampshire would be a good choice. The lowest per-capita tax state.

It will be interesting to see how California deals with the budget problems. In the past, during the post WWII era, problems like this one were solved by squeezing in more borrowing. New York City in the 1970s was a classic example. The financial engineers were heros.

Archived