The Post Op Transexual

You know, what happened with the tsunami is not good, but I'd like to know just how much value the company stock of Uncle Buck must fall for every 100 million of new issue paper money gets created out of the blue.

"President Bush, under pressure over the pace and scale of American aid to Asian tsunami victims, abruptly raised the U.S. contribution to $350 million on Friday, 10 times the amount pledged just two days ago."

That's better!Now he can go on his slimming diet with a clear conscience!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weekend Chart Roundup:

All you need to do is scan these chart sets to get a feel for broad market direction, and look for short or long setups.

Dow stocks in alphabetical order:

Dow1

Dow2

Nasdaq stocks ranked via market cap (MSFT and INTC excluded):

Nasdaq

S & P Stocks, not in Dow or NDX, ranked via market cap:

S & P 500

IBD Top 100 ranked by price action and CanSlim data:

IBD1

IBD2

IBD3

IBD4

IBD5

And the "Sector of 2005" could be the water stocks:

Water Stocks

After careful examination, it appears that the only sector which appears ripe for shorting is the gold sector.

Shorting gold stocks at peaks has been a "No-Risk" proposition for bears in 2004.

Any close below $44 for NEM or a close below $16 on GLG will will seal the deal.

Disclosure: I am long the gold stocks, only because its a low risk entry zone. I will switch to the short side immediately upon any high volume break.

Weekly charts.

post-184-1104610499_thumb.jpg

post-184-1104610661_thumb.jpg

The most bullish setups appear to be in the energy sector, especially since these stocks have refused to break down after energy prices collapsed.

The OSX has lagged, only because of a reluctance of energy CEO's to "believe" that oil prices are here to stay, and commit to new capital spending.

post-184-1104611014_thumb.jpg

mornin' wndy, are you still getting hammered down there?

we've been getting light rain, but it just turned to icy snow....roads are a mess... :P

yup, those sure look like good entry points on the golds....

I haven't been able to determine what a "bullish setup" is, on these mo-mo stocks. To me, they're doing precisely -nothing- all year, then suddenly one morning BOOM! Volume goes 100:1, price skyrockets, and off they go. What factor are you looking at to spot them ahead of that sudden volume and price increase? tanks!

Dozer:

Its going to rain again tomorrow, and all next week. Rose Bowl parade was lucky to get 5 hours of sun, now its overcast again......

Most of the IBD stocks are overextended, which means a correction is likely to occur in the broad market.

We got hints of that the last two days, when we saw Da Boyz sell hard into the close.

However, as long as I've been following the IBD list, there are always a handful which buck the trend and go up anyway, even if the broad market is going down.

Here's a group which has the "base" built to accomodate an upward explosion.

Breakout Candidates

Keep in mind that about 15% of the Top 100 list fail, and gets canned off the list.

The energy stocks look especially positioned to break out.

I can envision an scenario where oil spikes up again, the broad market sells off, then Alan Greenspan will come out with some speech saying that "oil price strength is just transitory", and the market will 'embrace' his comments and rally.

Remember he's cut rates 4 times, so at the first sign of trouble, all he has to do is to stop raising rates, or actually cut them to induce a full fledged "Meltup".

He's preconditioned the HedgeFunds to act on his "words", so any hint of "accomodation" will be bought with a vengeance.

My prediction for 2005 is that we get an extended "Weimar Run" which will take the Dow to new highs, or we get a "Buying Climax" similar to early 2000, which eventually results in a huge correction or a crash.

We are already seeing hints of a early 2000 Climax Run, by looking at all of Charmin's "No-name stock breakouts".........

At this point, most of the big cap stocks are going up in an orderly manner, with healthy consolidations occasionally, and we haven't seen any high profile names "crash" recently.

Of course, that could change next week........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the trend is definitely bullish, so I'll play it that way until things change.......

2004 was my best year ever, especially the last 4 months, which made up for a lot of the shelling I took when the XAU collapsed last spring......

Hoping that 2005 is even better as the trend changes are easier to spot with all the cool tools we are posting on M2M and IDS.

motley, you have a sick and twisted sense of humour! :angry:

:lol: :lol:

wndy, all next -week- ?? :o man, that sounds like mudslide-city in the making....

yes, the tools and techniques posted here are definitely helpful.

I wonder what message it actually sends if Al Leeson -cuts- rates?? While I can see what you mean about the 'words' causing an initial meltup, I have to remember that the last time around, the market continued down on every rate cut...and there were many of them... :P

Someone mentioned the UK squeaking a bit about possible rate-cut this past week...and I thought that was significant too. I can easily picture a scenario of 'competitive rate cutting' developing, as each major bloc tries to stimulate its own economy before/more than the others.

Basically, the US, Euroland, and Japan, are all in the same situation. Stagnant and failing economies, coupled with massive overhanging debts.

I guess a big question is whether or not there is someplace else for the money to go; and/or whether there's a mechanism for 'erasing' the money/debt that's liquifying the system so badly.

If either of those are true, then a melt -down- in the US mkts is a plausible scenario instead.

But in the meantime, as you say, if it's going up, play the long side and make a living. It's the only smart way to handle it.

wow....just heard on the scanner that they just closed I-5 completely...the sole N-S corridor between Kali and Oregon, Washington, Canada. It's snowing so hard now, I can't even see across the pond. wheee! :lol:

hey Mark, and other urban Kali residents....

In case the shocks to the other side of the Pacific Plate propagate to this side and set off the San Andreas et al again....here's some good info....

http://blog.lewrockwell.com/lewrw/archives/006943.html#more

The Triangle of Life

New Earthquake Safety Information

Edited By Larry Linn for the MAA Safety Committee brief on 4-13-04

My name is Doug Copp. I am the Rescue Chief and Disaster Manager of the American Rescue Team International (ARTI),the world's most experienced rescue team. The information in this article will save lives in an earthquake.

Archived