B4 The Bell Weak-end Den

Guess he's been around John Kerry too much!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Vice President tells a U.S. Senator on the floor of the senate to "Go F*ck Yourself", and then defends it as follows:

Cheney says his use of 4-letter word 'long overdue'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 31, 2004

Kerry 'Flips Off' Vietnam Vet

"Just then Kerry - in front of the school children, other visitors and Secret Service agents - brazenly 'flashed the bird' at Sampley"

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/5/31/225546.shtml

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sledd, here ya go:

CECO

Current recommendation: BUY

Banc of America Securities

Howard Block, anal cyst

Consensus recommendation: Buy

(Strong Buy, 12; Buy, 6; Hold, 7; Underperform, 1; Sell, 0)

APOL

Current recommendation: Market Performance

Legg Mason anal cyst: Jerry R. Herman

Consensus recommendation: BUY

(Strong Buy, 6; Buy, 6; Hold, 11; Underperform, 1, SELL, 2) ! ! ! ! !

WHOA -- THIS JUST IN -- Credit Suisse First Boston puts price target of 84 ! (down from current price of over 87 !)

Now I'm sorry I chickened and closed my APOL puts. Still got a couple CECO's

The vice president said those who heard the putdown agreed with him. "I think that a lot of my colleagues felt that what I had said badly needed to be said, that it was long overdue."

I believe in the 18th century it was customary for an insulted gentleman to challenge the offender to a duel, as in the case of Vice President Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton.

A confrontation at 20 paces on the Capital Mall would be highly appropriate and reputable. I would be pleased to second for either Vice President Cheney or Senator Leahy.

Choose your weapons! ;)

I just returned from seeing Fahrenheit 9/11. Overall an excellent documentary and a scathing indictment of Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Wolfowitz/the Saudies and the rest.

There was probably more than a dozen times during the film that the audience broke into spontaneous applause and hollering. It seems the American public is waking up to the fraud that has been purpetrated by the Neocons. I felt intense anger from the entire audience en masse. That was really the first time I have seen or felt that kind of passion from such a large group of people here in Ft. Lauderdale.

There may still be some hope. Now, if only there were a better alternative than Kerry.

NWD- Of Course they tried to bury the Bus Incident-"nothing to see here just move along" - but we are lucky in Canada the RCMP who are Para Military can't be bought and they proved it today, as to Blatherwick I agree with Sleddy he is a pompous windbag interchangeable with any U.S. Bureaucrat. As to Kerry flipping the guy the Bird I would probably do the same thing and I'm a Conservative. As to Bush gonging an Irish Reporter and Cheney mouthing off to Leahy it's like I said earlier its all slip, sliding away soon Shrubster will lose his valet and laura will have to go back to dressing him and of course changing him!

twign-

where in Ft. Lauderdale? Some neighborhoods are solidly Democraptic, as is yours truly (meaning me, not your neighborhood truly. :D ). East US 1 is mostly Clay Shaw people. West of University - Bobby Wexler.

twign-

where in Ft. Lauderdale? Some neighborhoods are solidly Democraptic, as is yours truly (meaning me, not your neighborhood truly. :D ). East US 1 is mostly Clay Shaw people. West of University - Bobby Wexler.

Doc - I'm in Sunrise, just south of the Sawgrass Mall, which is where I saw the movie. Didn't mean to suggest that the majority here were Republicans - just apathetic.

Here is a story for real estate bears, although probably you know the facts here already if you are a subscriber and forum member:

The Perfect Real Estate Storm

by Blanche Evans

Published: June 24, 2004

Rising consumer debt, rising interest rates, inflation, low job and wage growth and many other factors are swirling together to form a housing slowdown. But there a few other factors that are adding to the winds that could create the perfect storm - the largest housing recession in modern history.

According to bond fund manager Bill Gross as interviewed for CNN Money, consumer spending accounts for two-thirds of gross domestic product, and we, the people, are already in too much debt. Interest rate increases could slow consumer spending, which could lead to further job loss.

http://realtytimes.com/rtapages/20040624_perfectstorm.htm

Oh, BTW, I think the author of this story will no longer be working for any realty news publisher! :P

I just returned from seeing Fahrenheit 9/11.  Overall an excellent documentary and a scathing indictment of Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Wolfowitz/the Saudies and the rest. 

There was probably more than a dozen times during the film that the audience broke into spontaneous applause and hollering.  It seems the American public is waking up to the fraud that has been purpetrated by the Neocons.  I felt intense anger from the entire audience en masse.  That was really the first time I have seen or felt that kind of passion from such a large group of people here in Ft. Lauderdale.

There may still be some hope.  Now, if only there were a better alternative than Kerry.

I caught Moore's CNN's interview this morning. CNN showed a clip that had Moore asking congressmen to enlist their own children. I loved it. I'll be seeing it soon.

I live in the most republican state in the Union, btw..... not in population, but by percentage.

I just keep telling folks to go to the movie, then make your own judgement. :rolleyes:

Forgot to add,... Moore's next stop is Healthcare & Pharma. He shook his finger right at the camera and said, " your're next."

I believe in the 18th century it was customary for an insulted gentleman to challenge the offender to a duel, as in the case of Vice President Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton.

A confrontation at 20 paces on the Capital Mall would be highly appropriate and reputable. I would be pleased to second for either Vice President Cheney or Senator Leahy.

Choose your weapons! ;)

Hmmmmm.....

Gentlemen?

Not sure if "Cheney", "Leahy" and "gentlemen" makes sense when used in the same sentence.

The vice president said those who heard the putdown agreed with him. "I think that a lot of my colleagues felt that what I had said badly needed to be said, that it was long overdue."

Choose your weapons! ;)

Here! Here! :lol:

The Transports have touched off a new yearly high.....................

Yesterday i posted that DOW would need to close above 10580 to confirm

a Dow Theory Buy Signal..........10580 is WRONG number.

CORRECT Dow closing above number to set off Dow Theory is 10740

Archived