All Eyes on the G-String Meeting

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WAL-MART TO ANNOUNCE CHINA CREDIT-CARD LAUNCH SAT.: WSJ  4:46 PM

WAL-MART TO LAUNCH CREDIT CARD IN CHINA: WSJ  4:45 P

big.chart?symb=wmt&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=5318&style=320&time=8&freq=1&nosettings=1&rand=277&mocktick=1&rand=120

Looks like the Finagler World Domination Tour is just getting started. What until those Chinese folks hear about HELOCs.

Remember what happened in Korea a few years ago? The gov't tried to get the population to use credit cards to pump the eCONomy. But Koreans were thrifty folk and, according to Time mag, "adherents" to the CONfucian nostrum of assiduous saving."

So the gov't offered a 20% income tax deduction to anyone who ran up credit card expenditures in excess of 10% of their annual income.

Presto! Credit card mania. Within a couple of years, consumption climbed 17% and S Korea nearly had the fastest-growing eCONomy in Asia.

Then it fell apart when folks ran up tons of debt---over $2,000 per Korean or nearly 25% of the country's GDP. Wages weren't growing so folks were unable to pay off the cards and most of the credit card companies were close to insolvency within months.

Ultimately, the gov't intervened again and set up counseling centers and ended up monetizing much of the bad credit card debt ($5.5B) via some sort of bail-out agency.

Funny how the KOSPI just rode through all this nonsense unscathed. Probably because none of the buyers of Korean shares were actually Korean. Either that, or the Korean gov't just bought a bunch of shares and put it on the tab.

http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/art...-552170,00.html

post-2169-1158354772_thumb.png

Has Cramer ever recommended cash?

BRK/A, INTC and AMD seem to be mis behaving after hours.

Where do you get AH quotes since Island dropped share prices from its Toplist?

QuoteTracker streamer with Ameritrade as the quote source. I have a three-monitor

system at the office and one is dedicated to QuoteTracker.

Quotetracker just rocks. Ameritrade "free" streamer has been great for years! No need for a bunch of other stuff for me. Right click on any stock and we have everything imaginable. I especially like the annotation feature with big charts and ease of use that blows away Ameritrades platform.

Something messed up with my quotetracker a few weeks ago. I was so out of my comfort zone with the normal streamer that I cashed out positions and went and bought another main computer just so I could get back my quotetracker faster. :P

I use the amped up video card w/ tv out to connect muliple monitors. Simply awesome.

WAL-MART TO ANNOUNCE CHINA CREDIT-CARD LAUNCH SAT.: WSJ  4:46 PM

WAL-MART TO LAUNCH CREDIT CARD IN CHINA: WSJ  4:45 P

big.chart?symb=wmt&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=5318&style=320&time=8&freq=1&nosettings=1&rand=277&mocktick=1&rand=120

Funny how the KOSPI just rode through all this nonsense unscathed. Probably because none of the buyers of Korean shares were actually Korean. Either that, or the Korean gov't just bought a bunch of shares and put it on the tab.

http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/art...-552170,00.html

In a Weimar Economy, he who borrows the most usually wins. As long as he uses the money to buy inflating assets.

Such as stocks in LG, Samsung, Hyundai, et al

_ks11

Where do you get AH quotes since Island dropped share prices from its Toplist?

QuoteTracker streamer with Ameritrade as the quote source. I have a three-monitor

system at the office and one is dedicated to QuoteTracker.

Quotetracker just rocks. Ameritrade "free" streamer has been great for years! No need for a bunch of other stuff for me. Right click on any stock and we have everything imaginable. I especially like the annotation feature with big charts and ease of use that blows away Ameritrades platform.

Something messed up with my quotetracker a few weeks ago. I was so out of my comfort zone with the normal streamer that I cashed out positions and went and bought another main computer just so I could get back my quotetracker faster. :P

I use the amped up video card w/ tv out to connect muliple monitors. Simply awesome.

My work system is a Dell that I added a dual monitor video card to so it can output to three monitors. 2 17 inch LCDs and one 20 inch lcd in the middle. I often bring in my laptop as well which is a lot faster than the company system and I normally run QuoteTracker on my laptop if I have it with me. If I don't bring it in, I use QT on one of the 17 inch displays. I do my work on the 20 inch monitor and use the other 17 inch monitor for email and browsing. When I have the laptop, I use the left monitor for work as well. Two of the monitors are mine, one is the company's.

On Wednesdays and Fridays, I'm remote so I just have my laptop and trading is near impossible as there simply isn't enough space for QT, a browser and my work stuff.

At home, I have a 24 inch monitor for work, a 17 inch monitor for email/browser and my laptop for quotetracker. My home environment is the best as it has a blazing fast machine, good speakers and sound card. I can turn the music up at home but I can't at the office. I could use headphones but I normally get interrupted a lot during the day and I don't like to take them off all the time.

QT is great software. Google should buy them out.

Speakeasy, great charts today.

dmm, LMAO. Mr.T :lol: :lol: That is hilarious.

Any correlation with the release of the movie "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka?"

I think there was a sequel for a second plot zone!

Homeboy with the platform shoes with goldfish in them was over the top hilarious!

I think the phrase was "O-GEED" Over golded or something to the effect with a green tint poisoning for the "not exactly gold" lovers.

I was guilty of that in high school. :o They were cool for a few weeks though.

Wish I had a pic of the goldfish pimp daddy!

Closest pic I have below. From Dumb and Dumber

post-2005-1158356025_thumb.gif

Cash? Shirley, you jest.

Can you imagine someone on Crapvision reco'ing going to mattress stuffing? They would be fired summarily, if not executed.

BTW, there's actually a stock with the ticker CASH. It's a 14-branch bank in N Dakota and Iowa. Looks like it trades about 100 shares a day.

CASH at one point was the symbol for a chain of pawn shops based in Ft. Worth, Tx.

Cash? Shirley, you jest.

Can you imagine someone on Crapvision reco'ing going to mattress stuffing? They would be fired summarily, if not executed.

BTW, there's actually a stock with the ticker CASH. It's a 14-branch bank in N Dakota and Iowa. Looks like it trades about 100 shares a day.

CASH at one point was the symbol for a chain of pawn shops based in Ft. Worth, Tx.

They have moved to the Big board under the symbol CSH

4715.gif

My work system is a Dell that I added a dual monitor video card to so it can output to three monitors. 2 17 inch LCDs and one 20 inch lcd in the middle. I often bring in my laptop as well which is a lot faster than the company system and I normally run QuoteTracker on my laptop if I have it with me. If I don't bring it in, I use QT on one of the 17 inch displays. I do my work on the 20 inch monitor and use the other 17 inch monitor for email and browsing. When I have the laptop, I use the left monitor for work as well. Two of the monitors are mine, one is the company's.

On Wednesdays and Fridays, I'm remote so I just have my laptop and trading is near impossible as there simply isn't enough space for QT, a browser and my work stuff.

At home, I have a 24 inch monitor for work, a 17 inch monitor for email/browser and my laptop for quotetracker. My home environment is the best as it has a blazing fast machine, good speakers and sound card. I can turn the music up at home but I can't at the office. I could use headphones but I normally get interrupted a lot during the day and I don't like to take them off all the time.

I trade from my measly laptop w/ a 14" screen.

I don't need more monitors or better equipment.

I need more training on identifying PigShanks, PigSetups, and Animal Planet Pattern Recognition.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5070.gif

It looks like pawn shops have done OK the last coupleof years :lol:

Cash? Shirley, you jest.

They have moved to the Big board under the symbol CSH

4715.gif

I got tired of satellite issues and went and got digital cable the other day. They had a special deal for the motorola tivo thingy....forgot what you call it but its among the coolest things I should have got years ago.

As someone who watches tv while on the computer at the same time, the rewind feature has been awesome. I have been recording things left and right. If I get tired of watching a recorded movie I shut it off and later it starts up at the same point.......coolest thing ever. I underplayed its usefullness for a long time. I will never be without it again...

The unit was valued at 475 bucks though through Suddenlink....That seemed a little overpriced to me. One of those, you break, you pay situations.

Ford crushed on 475% volume today. Made a nice 5% trade today and still holding. Broke down hard...amazing.

I have been watching for huge volume premarket moving issues and making moves even after 5% losses or gains......XMSR is another example. Both resulted in 5% trades after buying/shorting once it seemed it was too late.

I plan to do it next week as well. Hopefully last a little longer while the volume is so great out there. That is the reason it is working imo and will hopefully continue while the volume is going wild out there....

Just an idea and an ever better reason to get up early for the pre-market....

Not sure if the MSFT gap was hit today. Within a few cents at least...

275% volume normally would keep me out but volume is working huge both ways lately....some of the oil stocks etc. are a good example there.

Should make for great entertainment next week.

I do not recall past situations with the G-8 meetings really. When is the next rates meeting?

I trade from my measly laptop w/ a 14" screen.

I don't need more monitors or better equipment.

I need more training on identifying PigShanks, PigSetups, and Animal Planet Pattern Recognition.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right on. It ain't the computer, it is the pattern recognition. :D

Wonder if XMSR is secretly under accumulation by the PigMen.

After all, its been a favorite short by the PigMen's biggest clients: HedgeFunds which are primarily short-sellers.

Note the large volume up days. One each month on over 25 million shares.

Then they walk it back down on light volume to maintain the appearance of a continous, uninterrupted downtrend.

I remember back in 2004, when Mark Leibovitz noted this "accumulation pattern" on most of the driller stocks such as DO and RIG when they were selling below $20/share.

It is now on the cusp of a breakout, if the short interest is too high, LOA....

big.chart?symb=xmsr&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=157373&style=320&time=8&freq=1&nosettings=1&rand=9842&mocktick=1&rand=6409

big.chart?symb=xmsr&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=157373&style=320&time=6&freq=1&nosettings=1&rand=6394&mocktick=1&rand=9694

Archived