B4 The Bell, Frieday, March 5

The lords of illusion can pull a rabbit out of a hat, cut a woman in half - or even make one disappear. They can made the PPI report disappear.

Today the lords of illusion will provide us with an employment report that will appear fine. See after the last bad employment report from Secretary Chow, she took an unexpected visit to Iraq. I don't remember if she spoke about job opportunties at the last unbombed police station in Bagdad, but she learned some new tricks from the lords after that. No more bad reports.

However the lords are still working on how to explain $37 oil to the public. Will there be a sudden power outage at the oil futures exchange? Stay tuned.

P.S. Great debates yesterday gang, plus the fine technical insights of B4. You may want to review yesterday's thread again.

Day 15 - Where is the PPI?

???????????????

No sign of it yet at the Bureau of Labor Statistics :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://stats.bls.gov/ppi/delaynotice.htm

China Overheats - A Logjam for Transportation in China

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/05/business...ess/05ship.html

Inflation Leads to Protectionism

http://www.mises.org/fullstory.asp?control=1460

post-20-1078488948_thumb.jpg

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The lords of illusion can pull a rabbit out of a hat, cut a woman in half - or even make one disappear.  They can made the PPI report disappear. 

Today the lords of illusion will provide us with an employment report that will appear fine.  See after the last bad employment report from Secretary Chow, she took an unexpected visit to Iraq.  I don't remember if she spoke about job opportunties at the last unbombed police station in Bagdad, but she learned some new tricks from the lords after that.  No more bad reports.

However the lords are still working on how to explain $37 oil to the public.  Will there be a sudden power outage at the oil futures exchange?  Stay tuned.

P.S. Great debates yesterday gang, plus the fine technical insights of B4.  You may want to review yesterday's thread again.

Day 15 - Where is the PPI?

???????????????

No sign of it yet at the Bureau of Labor Statistics :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

http://stats.bls.gov/ppi/delaynotice.htm

China Overheats - A Logjam for Transportation in China

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/05/business...ess/05ship.html

Inflation Leads to Protectionism

http://www.mises.org/fullstory.asp?control=1460

Count the black dots???

Just like jobs growth, consumer confidence, corporate earnings, weapons of mass destruction, inflation, deflation, an improving economy and PPI reports...the dots appear to be everywhere...until you focus more closely.

Kudlow just advised getting out of gold and getting out of bonds...says gold is going to $375, and then to $350.

Okie Dokie Larry...will do!

Seems the Jeykll is alive and well, and very busy the past few days. Friday,

Feb 27th Germany's Schroder meets with Bush. IMF chief Horst Koehler steps

down and is in position to be come President of Germany but Schroder wants Gesine Schawn. However that could be smoke. BOE chief Chancellor Gordon Brown looks to be headed to the IMF to replace Koehler. The boss of Russia's Group Menatep, a holding company that controls the oil giant Yukos is killed in a

helicopter crash in the UK today. On the 29th of January the Russian Gov cancelled deals with Exxon and Chevron-Texaco. Now most of the people in the key positions with Yukos are American citizens since Khodorkovsky was arrested. It's an odd thing about aircraft accidents happening to key people. I guess slashing his own wrists was out of the question since the Kelly suicide. Yes sir, the Jekyll is alive and well. My, my, my the tangled web we weave.

Seems the Jeykll is alive and well, and very busy the past few days. Friday,

Feb 27th Germany's Schroder meets with Bush. IMF chief Horst Koehler steps

down and is in position to be come President of Germany but Schroder wants Gesine Schawn. However that could be smoke. BOE chief Chancellor Gordon Brown looks to be headed to the IMF to replace Koehler. The boss of Russia's Group Menatep, a holding company that controls the oil giant Yukos is killed in a

helicopter crash in the UK today. On the 29th of January the Russian Gov cancelled deals with Exxon and Chevron-Texaco. Now most of the people in the key positions with Yukos are American citizens since Khodorkovsky was arrested. It's an odd thing about aircraft accidents happening to key people. I guess slashing his own wrists was out of the question since the Kelly suicide. Yes sir, the Jekyll is alive and well. My, my, my the tangled web we weave.

They can make one disappear:

Head of Yukos holding company dies in air crash

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0...1162500,00.html

8:30am 03/05/04

U.S. Feb. nonfarm payrolls up tepid 21,000 By Rex Nutting

WASHINGTON (CBS.MW) - U.S. nonfarm payrolls increased by 21,000 in February, far below Street expectations of 130,000, the Labor Department said Friday. The unemployment rate remained at 5.6 percent. January's payrolls were revised lower by 15,000 to 97,000. Economists expected February payrolls to rise 130,000, according to a survey conducted by CBS MarketWatch. Private-sector payrolls were flat in February, with government agencies accounting for 21,000 new jobs. Manufacturing lost 3,000 jobs. Services added 46,000 jobs, including 13,000 in retail. Temporary help services added 32,000 jobs. Average hours worked in the economy fell 0.1 percent. Average hourly wages rose 3 cents, or 0.2 percent, to $15.52. Wages are up 1.6 percent in the past 12 months

Guest yobob1

Is this a bad EKG or what? Too much use of electro shock will ultimately kill the patient. Looks like the shorts are on fire and want to get out.

silver.gif

Sales Cool for GM's Hummer H2

U.S. sales for the H2 fell 21 percent in February, the sixth straight month of a year-over-year drop in results. Sales fell even though GM offered 48-month leases on the SUV last month with no down payment, no first month's payment and nothing due at the signing.

Inventories of unsold H2s are running at a 52-day supply, more than twice as high as the rate a year ago, although at a healthy rate compared to the overall industry.

Hummer owners ranked the brand last in a benchmark poll of vehicle quality released last year by J.D. Power and Associates, complaining about the military-inspired vehicle's fuel consumption, among other gripes.

GM has also addressed some of the concerns raised by the J.D. Power quality study, Ternes said. Unlike other passenger cars and trucks, and because of its heavy weight, GM doesn't have to display the H2's 11 to 13 miles per gallon gas consumption on the window sales sticker. But Ternes said dealers are telling consumers about the gas rating to prevent ugly surprises. (yeah I'll bet they are)

Nonetheless, dealers say the well-heeled buyers who buy the H2, which starts at about $48,000, aren't concerned about gas prices, even with prices at record highs in some states

UH, GM WAKE-UP!!!! Normal Detroit mentality. We will tell the customers what to think.

GM inventory level is 'a little bit high' (Like being a little bit pregnant?)

Incentives are at the highest level ever and inventory is building? We aren't cutting production! No way! We will build cars until we can't stack them any higher! (CEO to minion -"Damn it! Pull the plug!"

Beware the Bin Laden stick save.

Today they NEED it.

Keep me informed as to any online trading system slow-downs or failures today.

Lock and load.

I think Market will sell off...BUT...will rally a little first. DO not expect huge sell-off...cause this crap jobs number actually plays into hands of wall street ramp trend since mar02.

interest can stay low...etc.

may even close positive at day end.

however i think sustained correction is baked in now....not new highs.

Archived