B4 The Bell Tuezelday August 3

Guest Icky Twerp

Normally a Matrix Agent, Scot BUrns, I assume, is still doing their bidding -- perhaps as a prelude to the cancelling of Soc.Sec. . . .

If deficits didn't matter before, they will soon

In 2004 and 2005, alone, the deficits in the normal budget will total 10.4 percent.

None of this is imaginative fear-mongering. I am simply using published government estimates and historical records in the tradition of the late investigative journalist I.F. Stone.

Will our government be able to borrow all those trillions?

If it can, interest expense will displace other government spending. Today, net interest payments on government debt are only 6.7 percent of government spending and 1.4 percent of GDP. These are the lowest figures since 1968 because of historically low interest rates.

This is about as good as it gets.

A mere return to the year of peak interest cost, 1996, could take interest expenses to 15.4 percent of government spending. That's a change of 8.7 percent of all federal spending. The change alone is about half of all defense spending.

So do deficits matter?

If they didn't before, they will soon

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Peeb I'm glad you had a good trip and all of us here know that speed-trap in Blaine goes from like 60 to 35 in nothing flat but hey Blaine needs the $.  You should have called and come up-I thought your target was mid August??  Bellingham is a great place as you said but you should have checked out Lynden, Wash.  It's Pax Americana circa the 50's kinda like Canada eh!  Be careful in Idahoo don't talk to them boyz with shaved heads and Yo-Bob is easy to recognise just look for the signature Coonskin Hat! :lol:  :lol:

thanks b4, ill give a yell next trip, which may be a week or so. i actually forgot some phone #'s, a stoolie live in bellingham and i left the # at home.

i went like 1,600 miles in 5 days. i had so much real estate info on the passenger seat that the passenger seat belt alarm went off. i know its cold in the winter, but that area is really pretty. i slept a little and then relocated to a different market early, so with the long days, i got allota properties to look at. ill check out lynden, but the columbia river gorge and bellingham are great spots - and, the people are pretty nice.

not all of you know about that speed trap :lol: - pretty rude hello, ey?

as for yobob1, isnt he the guy dragging his boat down the road behind his jeep and trying to catch fish by throwing his rod in the resevoir? :lol:

Archived