Baghdad Bob - One Of A Kind?

. . . . . . 2_21_300_al_sahhaf.jpg

From yesterday's FOXNews.com:

Missing Iraqi Information Minister Becomes Celebrity in West

Sunday, April 13, 2003

Associated Press

DOHA, Qatar - He bemused the West with his litany of claimed victories over coalition troops, and amused Arabs with his bottomless dictionary of insults. Iraq's information minister hasn't been seen for days, but he's hardly disappeared.

Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf is the star of a Web site whose creators poke admiring fun at his dogged defense of Saddam Hussein's regime and his skewerings of opponents from the standard "infidels'' to the pop-culture-savvy "superpower of Al Capone.''

The site - WeLoveTheIraqiInformationMinister.com - collects the most memorable insults al-Sahhaf used to castigate the United States and Britain. Operators had to shut it briefly Friday to switch to more powerful computers because of soaring visits to the site...

Article in full

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning stoolies.

No econ stuff this AM except Business Inventories for February, which isn't probably a market mover.

I can't tell if war news is a factor any more. But if the current "anarchy" reports subside, like the "quagmire" reports did, that's positive, especially with news like the POW release.

Good trading.

FWIW

Mon 7:23am ET - Reuters

Bank of America Corp. , said on Monday that first-quarter profits rose from a year earlier, helped by growth in its consumer business.

Mon 7:22am ET - Reuters

Citigroup Inc. , the largest U.S. financial services company, said on Monday its first-quarter profit rose 18 percent, helped by growth in its consumer business and fewer bad loans.

Just a thought, but didn't all these banks just lay off a bunch of people? Screw the Proletariat, it's Profits that count!

Karl Marx will be on the bestseller list by the end of this decade, reincarnated. No doubt about it.

wyndy - Roger Arnold rules, man! Not many people can sell mortgages through one orifice and crap on 'em through the other.

Oops missed the IDS Global forum so I'll just do a small dump in here re Aussie market. Nothing riveting to report really we hardly changed for the day -2.8, whoopee. The charts were more interesting though. Seems like there's a really s-l-o-w rollover in progress. The banks are leading this pattern (down 1-2% today) which is a good sign for bears. The golds just hung around not doing much at all or being an optimist I'd call it possibly a basing continuation pattern.

Europe off to the races with the US futures in hot pursuit... I'm backing another pop and drop myself..

What a combo week, up or down Crapvision will have the reason. If we couldnt hold the statue rally then..... It would be nice to not here about the POW rally as it seems disrespectful. Heard on the news not here.Getting ridiculous hereing it from other friends all weekend. IBM after the bell is a little more of a market mover IMO.

Likely to see selloff in techs this am to complete the 5 waves move down c leg... and the larger B off the March 21 highs

25.00 and 25.21 the targets to terminate the move

Followed by movement upwards and past the March 21 highs over the next few weeks.

Cheers

SG

DONG 200% at Friday close via Rydex re QQQ

Archived