Ghost

. . . web.jpg

NASA's Hubble Space Telescope has caught a glimpse of a colorful cosmic ghost, the glowing remains of a dying star called NGC 6369. The glowing apparition is known to amateur astronomers as the "Little Ghost Nebula," because it appears as a small, ghostly cloud surrounding the faint, dying central star.

Credit: NASA and The Hubble Heritage Team(STScI/AURA)

I guess all them lucky short-sellers from the planets orbiting that star never had to cover and ended up making a killing in the market as a result.

an2.gif And Happy Anniversary to fumets, who joined us one year ago today.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning and Good Stool to all!

I will be bugging out a little later this morning. Many tanks to all for their good wishes. Dungs especially to Glad for his most excellent stewardhip of IDS, and to all the moderators, who I know will have thier hands full while the B) cat's away!

I will have my trusty Dell Latitude with me, loaded with all Doc's top secret formulas :blink: , and I will look in here as often as practical.

Don't forget, a compact version of the nightly Anals will be published most nights as usual. They will be shorter than usual, but will contain all the essentials. I will try to post an occasional Stoolwethers, but not this morning. Stooltrading will be on sabatical, as will Anals intraday updates.

I want to thank all stoolie subscribers and contributors who have made the Capitalstool dream possible! Without you , there'd be no Stool!

And now without fudder adoodoo, I'll load up the stoolmobile, hit the road, and bid you adoodoo!

stoolmobile.jpg

(A fauxcaster/wienerdog original)

oh river, Doc.

Glad. These Hubbel pics are surreal. Hard to believe there is a reality like the one you have put up.

FWIW: (all EDT)

8:30 am: Core PPI for March, prior -0.5%, consensus 0.0%

8:30 am: PPI for March, prior 1.0%, consensus 0.3%

8:30 am: Retail Sales for March, prior -1.6%, consensus 0.6%

8:30 am: Retail Sales ex-auto for March, prior -1.0%, consensus 0.4%

9:45 am: Mich Sentiment-Prel for April, prior 77.6, consensus 79.0

Trade good.

GE 1st-Quarter Earnings Fall Nearly 9 Pct

BOSTON (Reuters) - General Electric Co. (NYSE:GE - news), a conglomerate whose businesses range from television broadcasting to jet-engine manufacturing, said on Friday first-quarter earnings fell nearly 9 percent on sharply reduced gas turbine sales.

Turbines? :blink:

I thought these guys laundered money!

Down .09 in premarket.

Doc: Enjoy your vacation! Don't forget to come back, though. :grin:

Gold getting clobbered again. What a surprise.

I had thought that the quietness of the board last night left the Sediment Indicator saying "down." But, looks like up first. Just how LONG "first" is, is the question now...... minutes, hours, days, weeks? :lol: :shocked :cry:

Archived