Groundhog Day

tpark,

It is in the interest of the world that the US doo-lar remain high. That does not mean that it will happen. I see no way out unless we deflate the $ (for the U.S.) (debt is just too high) (or maybe I am)

TE: Yeah, it seems that a dedicated effort is being made to intervene to keep USD high. I was looking at $TNX and maybe Al's pumping is affected by how well bonds are doing - if prices are high, he can maybe afford to pump a bit at the expense of those edgy bond holders. Surely he must do something to compensate for the reduction of refi madness. When the point comes that there is a loss of confidence in the US dollar, it won't be pretty. Al will have a hard time hyperpumping as long as there is importance in retaining any value in bonds.

If he tries any funny stuff with the dollar, there will be selling such as the world has never seen.

post-7-1072218158.gif

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brush with lemon glaze while still warm. Garnish with additional candied fruits and peels, sprinkle with finely grated butterkase. On serving plate, arrange cookies around and on top of mouse trap.

Ooooohhhhh! It is the mouse trap!

Oooohhh! OUTCH! Ooooooohhhh!

11 Billion dollars is a lot of money for a "food company" to

displace.........................................................................

The Parmalot fiasco seems to be downplayed......oddly beings

how absurd the...can't find money..story that it is.

I believe that this is kept low key right now is to give spin creation

time to BIG Banks........who are behind multiple face-ripping off

episodes ala Parmalot...........VIA Derivative Playing................

THAT went horribly awry..........................................................

I think Parmalat should go have a talk with the former Comptroller of Orange county ...

Why anybody plays 'derivative Roulette' with the bonkers is beyond me ...

That I agree with. But I don't agree that they are doing it directly. There are plenty of other "interested parties" with a stake in keeping this propped. The myriad of possible derivative hedges makes it possible for these "interested parties" to never sell. Thus the Greenspan put is leveraged and magnified.

Make no mistake, somebody is going to get screwed royally in the end. The bigger the moral hazard, the bigger the price.

I highly recommend both Mackay's and Kindlebarger' discussions of John Law.

thesun back from vacation.

not much has changed.

the nation still being robbed.

$500 billion to be repaided by our grandkids.

money is being poured on the nation in every imaginable.

the rich are still taking 10% of this transaction as they always do.

greenspan is as guilty as hell, but he is not alone.

the re-elect bush committe get and A++ for there effort.

IT IS JUST SAD ABOUT THE GRANDKIDS

MH,

They could also demand payment in other currencies. What would that do?

That would be a more radical step, because it would be the final break with the Bretton Woods dollar-centric system, which we've had since 1945. The dollar lost its gold convertibility in 1971, but it's still the premier reserve currency.

Abandoning the dollar is one of those "mutual assured destruction" acts which no country really wants to try, mainly 'cause they've sitting on tons of them.

I think Parmalat should go have a talk with the former Comptroller of Orange county ...

Why anybody plays 'derivative Roulette' with the bonkers is beyond me ...

borkers cheat ya at roulette: they let you go first and hand you a semi-automatic handgun, not a revolver. Not illegal, because 'you' do the act yourself!

Also, I laid back into a solid IT gold portfolio today.

I liked the charts, I liked the several weeks of consolidation at $410-ish and $5.70-ish, I liked the floors put under several of the better juniors.

Looking for gold to actually bust a move relative to all currencies soon.

Then we'll be flying (unless the CB's decide to kill gold, in which case I'll be toast).

Given my record for this past week, I would strongly recommend that you fade this move.

i do not believe they can bring down gold.

gold is being control by froces out side the nation,

they can try, but they will only blow away the money.

going long gold is the right move

pretty sure the last cat who talked about pricing oil in euro's was found in a hole after his native land was bombed to hell and back.///// Anyone know of software that can stop the bobmabrdment of ads to my computer? I use opera as my browser but IE keeps opening up new windows with new spam. Pretty sure sbc is beyond this.

Archived