B4 The Bell, Thursday May 6

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At Jim's

Cheeze, wit.

Good on ya !

I spent 4 years in Philly ... City Line Ave. at 54th street ...St. Joe's (Go Hawks !) ... for my undergrad degree.

Love those soft pretzels and Philly cheese steaks (smothered with onions and topped with summer fresh Jersey tomaters).

It was a rough place ... back when Rizzo was there !

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

End,

Nice choice of a firearm. I've had a 92fs for ten years now and have no problems with it.

You might want to also pick up a good quality .22 pistol for target practice. Suitable for the entire family, no recoil, and an excellent way to practice basic marksmanship. women love to shoot them! Ruger and smith&wesson have some nice models. ammo is $15 for a box of 500.

You might want to also pick up a good quality .22 pistol for target practice. Suitable for the entire family, no recoil, and an excellent way to practice basic marksmanship. women love to shoot them! Ruger and smith&wesson have some nice models. ammo is $15 for a box of 500.

Ruger and Smith & Wesson both good picks for .22 lr.

Ruger Mk II in stainless steel is my personal favorite. The superior rust-resistance of stainless steel is a nice touch.

The imperceptibly slight recoil of the twenty-two makes it a useful training tool for rookie shooters.

Speaking of training tools, don't underestimate the value of dry firing while aiming at a target. Get yourself a couple of 9 mm/P snap caps so that you don't bust a firing pin. You can do this in your basement.

Treat every firearm as if it were loaded. Become muzzle-conscious. Be aware, at all times, of where the thing is pointed.

Most automatic pistols can fire a chambered round even if the magazine has been removed. Pulling the magazine doesn't make the weapon "safe."

In fact, even racking the slide doesn't necessarily assure that you've disarmed the weapon. An extractor failure can leave a live round in the chamber regardless. Look into the chamber through the ejection port and be certain.

Mechanical safeties sometimes fail. Don't put complete trust in them.

Market tie-in: Sturm Ruger is publicly traded.

TECHNOLOGY ALERT

from The Wall Street Journal.

May 6, 2004

Intel is canceling work on its next chip for desktop computers, the latest sign of technical difficulties at the semiconductor company.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, see: http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB1083890...5504864,00.html

Well i'll light the fuse-I expect tomorrow to be DOWN-having said that I hold May 1020 puts with a 1019 STOP so Al ain't gonna make money off me. Sure we could bounce and I would be surprised and it Wouldn't be the first time but I like the way the downmove keeps the bulls in- i really like that-you bets your money and the wheel spins!

Archived