Holding Over The Weak End

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AGW stands for "Al Gore Weather".

AGW is exactly like AGP, which is the "Al Gore Presidency".

Al Gore Weather is weather that is not going to happen, ever; just like AGP.

Just like finding WMD was never going to happen..

WMD-Once they looked for them, they couldn't find them. WMD was a hoax.

AGP-Once they counted the actual votes, Al Gore lost. AGP was a hoax.

AGW-Once they plotted the real data, they couldn't find the heat. AGW is a hoax, too.

It is disgusting what they are doing in our educational system. They have accepted AGW as fact and done a superb job of brainwashing the kids. I showed my 10 year old niece, who was a former believer, some of the data and she could plainly see the truth. She tried to tell some other kids at school about it, and they all attacked her like she had told them there was no god. Her dad told me she actually came home in tears that day. I also have a college age niece and nephew and same story there, both believe in AGW as the gospel truth. Interesting though, when I asked them some simple questions, about why they believe, they could not come up with a single fact that supported their belief, other that some places on the earth were getting warmer and some ice was currently melting, and CO2 was rising, so it must be human caused. And of course, it said so in "the movie". They didn't even have a clue what percentage of the atmosphere was CO2, and had never actually looked at any temperature data, or at other much more plausible reasons for warming and cooling.

Schools used to teach "critical thinking". They don't anymore, because that would be a road block to indoctrination. Critical thinkers cannot be indoctrinated!

I wonder if schools could even teach that subject now. Clearly the number of people who are able to think at all are on the decline.

AGW is exactly like AGP, which is the "Al Gore Presidency".

AGP-Once they counted the actual votes, Al Gore lost. AGP was a hoax.

That's one of the most asinine, inflammatory, ignorant, repulsive remarks I have seen on this board, and I have seen my share.

I live in Palm Beach County. I vote here, and I voted on that butterfly ballot. I know very well what happened, better than you or anyone else who wasn't here.

End of subject.

Politics is off limits here as a discussion topic except as it directly relates to the financial markets.

Global warming is ok as a topic. I especially like the charts. ;)

OH, and the "blip" the AGWers cant explain for the life of themselves?

Note the timeframe of the last peak in the AMO/PDO cycles....

If global warming were indeed based upon CO2 levels, then why does temperature go up and down so much, from "the next ice age" end of the world in 1974, to "the world is gonna melt" end of the world in 1998, while CO2 continues to rise? Could it possibly be that CO2 is an extremely minute part (.03%) of the atmosphere and really plays no role in the causation of warming and cooling trends?

Hopefully some of you who actually were brainwashed into believing in AGW (they had me for a bit at the very beginning) are starting to get it...

It is disgusting what they are doing in our educational system. They have accepted AGW as fact and done a superb job of brainwashing the kids. I showed my 10 year old niece, who was a former believer, some of the data and she could plainly see the truth. She tried to tell some other kids at school about it, and they all attacked her like she had told them there was no god. Her dad told me she actually came home in tears that day. I also have a college age niece and nephew and same story there, both believe in AGW as the gospel truth. Interesting though, when I asked them some simple questions, about why they believe, they could not come up with a single fact that supported their belief, other that some places on the earth were getting warmer and some ice was currently melting, and CO2 was rising, so it must be human caused. And of course, it said so in "the movie". They didn't even have a clue what percentage of the atmosphere was CO2, and had never actually looked at any temperature data, or at other much more plausible reasons for warming and cooling.

Don't worry about global warming or cooling k-wave, the way we're polluting our planet we'll poison ourselves long before we're cooked up or frozen to death by nature or CO2 emissions.

Don't worry about global warming or cooling k-wave, the way we're polluting our planet we'll poison ourselves long before we're cooked up or frozen to death by nature or CO2 emissions.

Yeh, I'm all for cleaning up the place....

If I have to pay a bit more for products in order to remove real pollutants, that is OK with me.

What I have a problem with is paying taxes for a make believe problem.

Trader Joe "Quote-O-The-Day"

"Complaining about the a**holes we interact with on a daily basis is the #1 eternal pastime of the human race. We all do it, and we get to do it every day, because the world is full of a**holes."

Taibbi.

I couldn't get that url, TJ. If anyone else has the same problem, here is one I found that appears to lead to the same or a similar place:

It's another fascinating Matt Taibbi article, that includes your quote above

http://trueslant.com/matttaibbi/

The second article, underneath there, is interesting too:

Blankfein: We Were D*#ks, We Admit It (title edited due to Doc's desire for this to be a family-friendly site)

Yeh, I'm all for cleaning up the place....

If I have to pay a bit more for products in order to remove real pollutants, that is OK with me.

What I have a problem with is paying taxes for a make believe problem.

I think you may be paying too much attention to CO2. Even Al will admit that in the latest models it accounts for less than 50% of the man made heating - 46% I believe is the current number. So if the correlation of heating to CO2 increase is weak - there is a reason. B)

The future could be known if Cue's turn down:

On Nov. 9 2007 GLD stops to catch it's breath and consolidate for 6 weeks

http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartL..._1258852254.png

On Nov. 9 2007 SPY Cue's down and begins it's bias shift to the downside and 6 weeks of consolidation

http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartL..._1258852438.png

IF Global Warming gets out of control, pollution might be just what we need to cool it off.

Global warming technological questions:

1. There exists an engineering design that provides a means of delivering enough sulfur dioxide to the stratosphere on a continuous basis to effectively cool the Earth. The estimated cost of building and implementing this technology is a few hundred million dollars.

TRUE / FALSE

2. There exists an engineering design that provides a means of increasing oceanic cloud cover by seeding such clouds with salt-water that is sprayed into the air by a fleet of solar powered dinghies. The estimated cost of building and implementing this technology is a few hundred million dollars.

TRUE / FALSE

The answer to these questions is once again “TRUE.” As we describe in SuperFreakonomics, the Seattle-based company Intellectual Ventures has designs for both a “stratoshield” (No. 1) and the cloud-seeding project (No. 2).

The SuperFreakonomics Global-Warming Fact Quiz

I couldn't get that url, TJ. If anyone else has the same problem, here is one I found that appears to lead to the same or a similar place:

It's another fascinating Matt Taibbi article, that includes your quote above

http://trueslant.com/matttaibbi/

The second article, underneath there, is interesting too:

Blankfein: We Were D*#ks, We Admit It (title edited due to Doc's desire for this to be a family-friendly site)

Thanks Cap....looks like a "screwed the pooch" somehow on that copy/paste...so I fixed it....oh well....

Ho

Lee

Crap

R

U

Kidding

Me

article_photo1_sm.jpg

New tale of Detroits woe: Pontiac Silverdome sold for $583,000

Pontiac, Mich., sold the 80,300-seat Silverdome for $583,000 Wednesday. The former home of the Detroit Lions cost $55.7 million to build in 1975.

Full Poop<----

They transferred the Silverdome to Mexico

"U.S. automakers expand in Mexico, but do it very quietly"

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/20/business...54475.html?_r=1

It's part of the auto industry EXIT strategy out of Michigan

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/thebeat/498...lay_off_workers

Archived