A Banner Day for Mr. Widget

OK. Phils in 5. That was what I was gonna say first.

Yankee Stadium doesn't even sell out. I don't know why that would be an advantage. Phils played to 102% of capacity. Yankees 88% in a market 4 times bigger. They sold the seats behind home plate and no one showed up to sit in them. Something lacking there in true fan passion. Phillies haven't had an empty seat at The Bank since April. About 2500-3000 standing every game too. That's passion.

It's not who is right and deserves to win, it's who's got more money behind them.

Of ALL PEOPLE, YOU should know dat! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was going to mention this during the day but I was affraid that I might jinx it....so I kept quiet. lol I don't think I've seen anyone mention, here or elsewhere, that today and tomorrow is 80 year anniversary of famous Oct 28/29 1929 crash. It's only fitting to get a little scare. Ok, now I've jinxed it. lol

post-837-1256774535.jpg

It's not who is right and deserves to win, it's who's got more money behind them.

Of ALL PEOPLE, YOU should know dat! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, that's the conventional wisdom, and there's some truth to it. But it's more than JUST money- it's about spending it right. Otherwise, it'd be the Yankees versus Mets. Also, having the one of the biggest payrolls doesn't ALWAYS guarantee success. As proof, I refer you to the Yankees of the late 80's/early 90's. Big Stein got it right this time, but bear in mind that he is WILLING to pay the bucks to win. Look at the McCourts and how they were crying a river over keeping their budget down, when they were spending hundreds on dinners each night and who knows what else. There are a lot of things I don't like about the Steinbrenners, but the fact that they PAY the ridiculous costs for their championship caliber teams is not one of them. Besides, if anyone's to blame for the inequities it's Selig (along with so much else wrong with MLB these days).

But I digress. The World Series this year should be a good one!

Me neither. No clue.

Good thing the World Series isn't in Denver.

One of these days the baseball PTB are going to severely regret running these season's into November. Baseball is not a game to be played in November or late October. When I was a kid the season was 154 games and the post season was 7 games. Ended in early October. This is insane starting the World Freaking Series on October 28 fercryinoutloud.

Pisses me off.

Go Phils.

I like the Phils in 6.

Not a baseball history buff, but did this trend of a Nov World Series start after 9/11? I recalled they pull it off back then but remember seeing lots of frosted breath on the mound.

I was going to mention this during the day but I was affraid that I might jinx it....so I kept quiet. lol I don't think I've seen anyone mention, here or elsewhere, that today and tomorrow is 80 year anniversary of famous Oct 28/29 1929 crash. It's only fitting to get a little scare. Ok, now I've jinxed it. lol

Bring on the crash

My theory has been that the

government will do whatever it takes to keep yields as low as possible, including fomenting a little

stock market panic. With these longer term auctions coming up over the next few days, the time has

come for that theory to be put to the test.

Nice call....

I only see the Russell with the potential to confirm distribution if it can close Friday below 576.40. The other indexes have a bit to go AND the Russell may just bounce off the 21 bar ma weekly. If not, then maybe the spx can continue into gas pedalling down to the 1020 area this week.

Russell weekly

http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartL..._1256775763.png

Radio Free Wall Street 10/28/09

Lee Adler and Russ Winter discuss the potential perfect storm.

Not a subscriber? Click here to hear a free excerpt.

To subscribe and hear this podcast right now, click here!

audio_mp3_button.png Radio Free Wall Street 10/28/09 [41:31m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (2)

Subscribers, click player to start.

Archived