As good as it gets...buyer beware

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<_<

Another day or 2 of this [email protected] time to flush.

Quads dippin in the afterlife.

Doode:

Nothing would make me happier than to see this pig get smoked for the first couple of weeks in January....a nice panic sell-off would allow me some great entries on the long side

Hoping :blush:

likely problems for common stock in 2010:

dollar has bottomed (vs. other faux like Euro and Yen, not vs. real value) ***

short-term and long-term interest rates both have bottomed

consumers remain flat broke busted with credit cut off, so sales and earnings growth will be hard for most companies

new supply via issuance of fresh common will increase, free cash for corps at these prices, amazing that $50 billion of bankster common was absorbed so well, others will not be as lucky but many will try

final desperate liquidation of retirement stock holdings for many average folk to survive, since their home equity is gone, their job prospects are hopeless, and they can't borrow any more

*** additional trillions printed only offset trillions destroyed by RE bubble burst, so net-net no additional inflation

The retracement of the gold pop above 1,000 from 1,225 back to 1,075 was precisely 2/3.

Price target for gold is hard, but predicting duration is easier, i.e., the gold bull market has a lot further to go, even with a stronger dollar ahead.

Relentless marketing of gold to the masses is just reaching full steam now, its popularity has not peaked yet. It's like 2002 in the housing market, overpriced but about to get more so as the masses rush in, not wanting to be left out.

I won't be surprised to see 1.4 again in the gold to S&P ratio by end of February.

post-2457-1262038851_thumb.png

Doode:

Nothing would make me happier than to see this pig get smoked for the first couple of weeks in January....a nice panic sell-off would allow me some great entries on the long side

I have been bidding some stuff that I hope to get cheap because of tax loss selling.I missed one position by a dime today......

Only looking to buy crap (mostly closed ends) that pays nice divvies at the right price.Not alot out there right now.I see that some interest rate sensitive stuff has been starting to take on water like this turd.....

post-404-1262040986_thumb.png

Doode:

My borker buddy seems to think we go up another 5% in january,and bonds continue to sell off for a while longer.He has been pretty accurate so far,but I think we pull back AT LEAST 3-5% first......

I will just sit back and collect my coupon payments till I feel the time is right to be an equity dipper. :blush:

Archived