Aloha Oy Vey

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BEARDRECH
On an inflation adjusted basis, stock prices overall were lower in 1982 than in 1974.

Not a good hedge. Especially when you consider that infaltion hedge stocks did very well indeed over that time. Take them out and the performance of the remainder was horrendous.  

Would someone please get the details on what Fleck said? I would like to see a synopsis.

On an inflation-adjusted basis, own stocks from 1966 to 1982, was comparable to the 1930's.

dj-lt-infl.gif

What is interesting, from history, rather than personal experience (!), the '70s were less tough on people in general than were the '30s.

Was it because gov't debt ballooned? I have no good idea why at this point.

deep

you raise the question of questions--would you rather be a servant of the servants of lord in heaven or a Reigning Emperor in the fiery pits of hell, a metaphor attempting to differentiate the 3o's from what we stoolies anticipate,rightly or wrongly,as the pre-teens of the 21st century--will being impoverished in the bear future be infinitely more comfortable with all the modern acoutrements of living,than the typical upper middle class resident of the thirties?

For example i drive a ,by todays standards,a crapmobile ;and granted i have to drive it with a paper bag on my head,with a lepers bell on the hood shouting "Unclean Unclean";still,compared to those shit -spindly tired model t's tumbling forward on rutted dirt roads i feel like Sabu flying on a magic carpet,a prince of the road;pumped up with life-preserving antibiotics on my way home to a deliscious microwaved hot dog and a deep ,filled up dish of popcorn--

Ias k you-could life be sweeter--

bdrech quixote :blink: :blink:

Hopefully, one can get a good entry because I am ABSOLUTELY convinced the rally will be F&F...initially. Asia is freaking out about a flu strain. Head-cold fake.

SFs moving well beyond Basra. Barring a 'fatal'coup or Wahabbi-led exile, 3rd EYE is charging...uh...soon. Real soon. This shite is on. STRATOFOR: Expect mass defections/surrenders. Majority Shiites on board in BAG-himDAD. Kurds still need convincing at enlisted level given previous abandonment.

Strongly disagree with the way the Administration's rationlized for dumbo Wal-Mart America. They should have given up the BLACK and WHITE horsefeathers. But, the die is cast and if they let the CIA/BI run it it will spill over into the 55% under 35s in Iran...favorably. This is what power-based Sunnis fear. US/UK/ESP just want a little more throat-sqeeezing leverage over OPEC and they may get it...if they throw the P'inians a bone.

I remain 30% core short (primarily homebuilders, ins. and c. staples) for reasons entirely unrelated to the upcoming conflict or 911 or the 'War on Terrorism'. But, I did cover 70% (primarily tech, wireless, Internet, semis and Defense) and enter a few select long positions because of the former and the latter (expect Wahhabs to give up OSM soon too).

Meanwhile, best of luck to traders long or short in the next few weeks. Should be eventful.

What lies are we being told about the true state of the economy?

That it isn't doomed, but it in fact is...

The current system of debt backed by debt or the floating exchange rate system is a US-UK central banking construct... Funny how the US and UK are for the war...eh?

You got it! My Gawd HyperTiger - You tell the truth like it is. Keep up the good work!

Guest BEARDRECH
b4,

You are right. There is definitely something in the air............

Something is freaking going on that's for damn sure and I don't think we're going to find any answers in the chart or fundamentals.

....... How else will GM and Ford and the insurers and pension funds of every stripe get bailed out? They aren't going to let them die ya know so why not just inflate the whole ball of wax and blame it all on Saddam, Turkey, France and anyone else standing in the doorway?

I feel like the deer in the headlights cause I don't have any idea what is coming down the road. But there is something coming.

Who cares? We're all going to die of the new pneumonia-like plague.

quick anybody somebody introduce me to a poxed courtesan venerealized

in many ways--i'd rather die fuc***ng myself to death as opposed to this ignominious lo-rent bug shuttling me off this mortal coil--

beardrech :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :blink: :(

Scam week and I think this thing is going down hard back to last week lows until the end of the week, they will will bring it up again to mess everyone up. What a game this is! The futures are tanking big time and Asia is bleeding deep red.

Good luck to all longs as your head will be handed to you this week and next.

Good luck to all shorts as you will be very rich at the end.

I will be watch on the side line for now as I have been stopped out. :(

Oilman

Archived