Aloha Oy Vey

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not true. Blackbelt posts every day in the MIT thread. Machinehead is as outspoken and active as ever, commenting frequently on IDS and LOB. He posted over 20 times Thursday and Friday. Machinehead is a charter member of the NYCASS, and attended the first chapter meeting.

If you want to see a member's posts, just click on "Members" above. Search for the member name. Go to the profile and click the link in the upper left "Find all posts by this member".

Fartpolio Manager stopped posting because I took issue with something he wrote and gave him holy hell, just I as I once did to you, Turtle. You came back, and Fartpolio is welcome back, if he so chooses. People come and go in this game. People get tired. People I get angry with people, and they get angry with me. That's life.

This site is bigger than ever, yet it continues to grow at the same exponential rate at which it has grown since the beginning. Discussion of e-waves and cycles represents far less than 5% of the discussions. Considering that I'm a cycle guy, and that the Hurst methodology has had a pretty fair record of identifying where this market is and where it's going, it's remarkable that there is so little discussion of it.

More and more bullishness is seeping into the Stool. And that's ok. The vast majority us wants to be bullish. They have a built in bias that way. People can't handle the truth. It's why with every bear market bounce, there's yet another anal cyst calling a bottom, and why, in spite of overwhelming evidence that nothing has changed, so many people are willing to jump on the bullish bandwagon. It's human nature.

But exactly what has changed this week relative to the past 3 years to make this market suddenly go up more than a few percent? Yet another refi bubble? Been there, done that. I'll let you all think about that question and I'd like to hear the answers. I'm open to considering them. What has changed?

You may have big traffic number now, but it does not make this site much better. It's the stoolies like Fartpolio and Budda make it great. I'm not saying Fart is right, in fact, he was wrong several times. But his unique perspective and his willingness to speak against crowd is surely missed by a lot of stoolies. My point is, let people talk, as long as no malicious personal attack. Don't redicule or censor others because they have different views on Iserale or Jews, and in my opinion, Fartpolio's view on Iserale is far from critical.

From Debka:

"Military Sources: Full-scale US-British offensive against Iraq is scheduled to begin Monday, 24 hours after Azores summit

First stage: Combined bomber-missile strikes against strategic targets, including government centers, military and civilian communications systems, radio and television broadcasting centers, transport hubs.

Preparations wind up Sunday night to fly and parachute ground troops into Iraq from launching bases in and outside Middle East. US 82nd Airborne Division will be flown in from Afghanistan."

If this happens tomorrow night EST then Tuesday is moonshot as bear cubs cover in a self-fulfilling "war rally".

I'm long with a tight stop at 820. Any drop to above 820 is still just a retracement from 790-841.

Without the stick save, you may get stopped out Monday. Nasdaq futures down 16.5.

Position: Ow! Very short. Think: De plane, Boss! with a falsetto. Will get less short (does anyone get longer around here?) tomorrow, baring killer pneumonia or closing the exchange.

I need a vacation (think: I only go into work because the connection is faster (I gotta get alife!)).

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Any scouts about? :blink:

Hey Turtle. You don't know what the hell you're talking about and I let you post.

There are dozens, hundreds, of people who make this site great. I welcome every single one of them.

Buddha posts every day on my IDS thread. He's welcome here. I love his stuff, and he knows it. If he wants to take a rest, more power to him.

Fart's departure was his choice. I understand it. I was angry as hell about his post. And I let him know. So he chose not to post. His choice not mine. By the way, I did not delete his posts. One of the other moderators did. Unfortunate. I would have left them, but they made a judgement and that was that.

Seems you think I'm the only one who shouldn't be able to say what he feels. Fine. We know where you're coming from.

i was not hanging out here during the july slide and therefore did not know from futures.

i do remember gaps down all during the month.

i think that most can still sort of hope for a bomb rally but when you combine that with the other news stories about disease etc then they may lose hope and leave and aid and abed the slide.

Absent a Sodom bugout, I can't see any "compelling" reason to be long stocks. Bare and B4 are right, once the bombs start dropping, the $ and stocks will tank. If Sodom rolls over or a coup takes him out, the maket probably spikes until the realization hits that getting in Iraq will be a lot easier than getting out...LOB

Archived