B4 The Bell Weak-end Den, August 21-22

Sorry MJ I'm with Plunger on Auto's in the next 2 years they will indeed fall off the proverbial cliff. Up here I note Mercedes, Beamer and Audi which have always disdained incentives to protect their cachet are now in a state of virtual panic. Roughly $375.- Canadian with $4,000 grand down lets you drive off the lot with a 36 or 48 month lease on a vehicle with a retail sticker of 50K to 75K. They are leasing their vehicles for the same monthly payments as a Taurus or Pontiac worth half as much. Please, please just drive the Damn thing off the lot BUT aside from destroying the Cachet when all those rent a cars come back in 24 to 36 months down the road they will be drowning in used inventory and unless they have massively reduced forward production they are doomed. The North American Auto makers are doomed already for the same reasons plus sales are drying up period as the consumer has no money and if he does he ain't buying North american he is buying Japanese cuz they last longer and get better mileage and are cheaper to repair and require less repair. Fold in the families that are going back to one car a trend I note is increasing and the number of politically correct 20 somethings who park their Vespa's at starbucks and you can see "the times they are a changin!" ;)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

�ANYONE WHO CHOOSES TO BE CORRECTED IS ON THE PATH TO SUCCESS. THOSE WHO REFUSE CORRECTION HAVE LOST THEIR CHANCE�. T.B.

It is inherent in the world of futures trading to experience emotional outbursts of joy, anger, frustration, anxiety and hope on a daily basis. The way to becoming a professional trader includes the domination and understanding of all psychological factors involved in this business. The following manual will pinpoint these factors in order to create awareness in the reader; based on the premise that in order to solve a problem, one must recognize it and understand it. If you are struggling as a futures trader, or simply want to learn and understand why things work the way they do, this is for you.

When you finish reading this manual, you will be able to do the following:

? Understand what is going on inside your brain while you trade.

? Understand what you need to do in order to become a professional trader.

YOU NEED TO READ, LEARN AND APPLY WHAT IS EXPOSED IN THE FOLLOWING PAGES. THERE IS NO EASY WAY, JUST THE RIGHT WAY.

http://www.precisefutures.com/free_doc/doc_1.php

Maureen Dowd is being interviewed by Russert about her new book, Bushworld, and just said:

When Brent Scowcroft came out with his op-ed piece in the WSJ in advance of the war - practically begging GW not to go into a war in Iraq without the backing of the UN - she states that there is no way in the world that Scowcroft would have written that piece without the blessing of George Bush the father - who was obviously frustrated by the fact that GW had not asked his advice prior to going to war. Many of George Senior's closest advisors, including Jim Baker and Scowcroft, are convinced that GW has "stepped in it" big time - and made a huge mistake.

I don't care who the President was in the lead up to war with Iraq, not picking up the phone and consulting with the former President who sat in the very same chair during the prior war with Iraq - to seek his counsel prior to sending troops into harms way is just wrong. that GW chose not to seek his own fathers advice is evidence of a childish competition with his father...to be more macho and take the battle all the way to Baghdad despite the consequences, in a pure dick measuring competition to show who is more macho, more conservative, more Texas...more cowboy!

OP-ED

"Don't Attack Saddam"

By Brent Scowcroft

Wall Street Journal

August 15, 2002

Our nation is presently engaged in a debate about whether to launch a war against Iraq. Leaks of various strategies for an attack on Iraq appear with regularity. The Bush administration vows regime change, but states that no decision has been made whether, much less when, to launch an invasion.

It is beyond dispute that Saddam Hussein is a menace. He terrorizes and brutalizes his own people. He has launched war on two of his neighbors. He devotes enormous effort to rebuilding his military forces and equipping them with weapons of mass destruction. We will all be better off when he is gone.

That said, we need to think through this issue very carefully. We need to analyze the relationship between Iraq and our other pressing priorities -- notably the war on terrorism -- as well as the best strategy and tactics available were we to move to change the regime in Baghdad.

http://ffip.com/opeds081502.htm

not picking up the phone and consulting with the former President who sat in the very same chair during the prior war with Iraq - to seek his counsel prior to sending troops into harms way is just wrong.  that GW chose not to seek his own fathers advice is evidence of a childish competition with his father...to be more macho and take the battle all the way to Baghdad despite the consequences, in a pure dick measuring competition to show who is more macho, more conservative, more Texas...more cowboy!

What I enjoy most about this whole thing from a political strategy standpoint is that George the Dumber learned from wathcing his daddy just how simple wars are for the mighty U.S. military.

So he concentrated on bolstering the economy as best he could so as not to fall in daddy's trap of a weak economy negating his military victory.

Gotta luv it... :D

Well, not much bearish posting this weekend -- always a good sign.

After getting my ass kicked on Wednesday and likcing my wounds since then, I am arriving at the conclusion that the bulls may have already shot their wad.

For starters, look at the Nasty. It is testing its H&S neckline. May be all she wrote or maybe Nasty wants to move up to the 38% retrace at 1387. But that's all, IMO.

post-20-1093132745_thumb.gif

What I enjoy most about this whole thing from a political strategy standpoint is that George the Dumber learned from wathcing his daddy just how simple wars are for the mighty U.S. military.

So he concentrated on bolstering the economy as best he could so as not to fall in daddy's trap of a weak economy negating his military victory.

Gotta luv it... :D

"Pork rinds" or "Pretzels," both of them realize how hard it is to put food on your family.

Guest Icky Twerp

I believe every major intersection here in Scottsdale has a camera.

Scottsdale has also instituted speed-traps using unoccupied vans -- mobile radar/photography "enforcers".

They say 3000 people a week move to Phoenix. I was in Houston in the early 80s when that happened there -- people were living in unofficial dwellings all over the place and begging on every corner... be interesting to see how that plays out here in yuppieville concurrent with the Big Brother tactics..

Sheriff of Maricopy County currently under seige for various reasons including how his deputies prosecuted prostitution arrests: soliciting and engaging in sex, THEN arresting the woman.

Nobody here knows the typical El Nino effect on Phoenix, something else I'm very curious about. I suspect the results will be negative.

Havent we seen here in Stooletown for quite a while that cycles are going negative synchronously, Economic, Politic, Meterologic, Civic?

Archived