Holding Over The Weak End

Idiots in this country just don't get it.

We only have a few "industries" left that can't be outsourced outside the US, aside from fast food service, lawn care, and house cleaning. ;)

Complex/general surgery, while not impossible to outsource, certainly is "sticky".....(i.e., reluctance by the consumer, nervousness, uncertainty, stubbornness, etc)

But that won't be the case much longer

Below, about a doc from India who's about to "lay the smack down"

Then there are the Cayman Islands, where he plans to build and run a 2,000-bed general hospital (TJ note: the average US hospital is 160 beds) an hour's plane ride from Miami. Procedures, both elective and necessary, will be priced at least 50% lower than what they cost in the U.S., says Dr. Shetty, who hopes to draw Americans who are uninsured or need surgery their plans don't cover.

By next year, six million Americans are expected to travel to other countries in search of affordable medical care, up from the 750,000 who did so in 2007, according to a report by Deloitte LLP. A handful of U.S. insurance plans now give people the choice to be treated in other countries.

wsj.com

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw this link over at trader talk.

http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2009/11...d-aig-nyse-aig/

"I learned a long time ago to not listen to what people say but watch what they do, and in the case of Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), their net shorting of Wells Fargo (NYSE:GS), Mastercard (NYSE: MA), PNC (NYSE: PNC) and AIG (NYSE: AIG) reveals they’re not buying into the assertion that we’ve started to enter a period of economic recovery; on the contrary, they’re betting against it."

Reggie Middleton is convinced WFC is a rotting pile of garbage. We may see soon if he right again, as he has been on so many of the banking corpses.

Reggie Middleton is convinced WFC is a rotting pile of garbage. We may see soon if he right again, as he has been on so many of the banking corpses.

itas the filling for perdion which ends: 9/30/09 so its a little bit out of date? BTW, from where this fillinf can be downloaded?

I found such a link:

http://www.secinfo.com/dnFu6.sv8.htm

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/d9c_1258865433"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/d9c_1258865433" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

That was pretty funny... :lol:

WFC may be on da verge of rolling it back over for the death dive....

the RSI 34 does a pretty good job of IT timing....currently 50.01 after a brief test under a couple weeks back, another push under might do it....

Looks like demand seriously waning as compared to March. The only decent volume day it has had in months was the kickoff down day on the reclaim of the daily 900 after the brief pop above.

The setup is ripe and there for the taking for bears here...now they need show the bullz what they got.

WFC's portfolio stinks worse than my 5 month old's diapers.

http://healdsburgbubble.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.html

No where in that article does he even mention that, recast or not, the collateral backing those loans is only about 50 cents on the dollar of the original principal balance, let alone the increased principal balance.

So they can extend and pretend for a while longer...but barring a miraculous recovery from the worst real estate bubble burst of all time, it should just be a matter of time.

I guess we see if BS Bernanke can work his inflationary magic in his experiment laboratory, or if this winds up as the greatest debt deflation ever....

I will rely on the WFC chart to tell the story...and ignore the other noise.....

At least she raised her price. <_<

nd so it came to pass that Landrieu walked onto the Senate floor midafternoon Saturday to announce her aye vote -- and to trumpet the financial "fix" she had arranged for Louisiana. "I am not going to be defensive," she declared. "And it's not a $100 million fix. It's a $300 million fix."

It was an awkward moment (not least because her figure is 20 times the original Louisiana Purchase price). But it was fairly representative of a Senate debate that seems to be scripted in the Southern Gothic style. The plot was gripping -- the bill survived Saturday's procedural test without a single vote to spare -- and it brought out the rank partisanship, the self-absorption and all the other pathologies of modern politics. If that wasn't enough of a Tennessee Williams story line, the debate even had, playing the lead role, a Southerner named Blanche with a flair for the dramatic.

WP

I certainly disagree with her but I can understand where she's coming from. Louisiana has been screwed and tatooed so badly by government agencies whose job it was to give assistance, starting with the Army Corps of Engineers not fixing the levees before Katrina came along because there was not funding for that, to Bush's Michael Brown ("Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job") and on and on. It is understandable that folks living there should feel like the government owes them one after all they have been through. But, as Shorty frequently points out, a political/economic system where people keep fighting to be the thief rather than the victim is not very helpful in the long run. A system where cooperation for the public good is not only possible but rewarded and encouraged and supported, is what we really need.

Archived