Holding Over The Weak End

THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL POST

I think the reasons political posts leak onto this baoird with such regualtirty is it is veryhard to disintagle polotics form economics

Now - Back to economics

Obama went to China and asked them to beak the currecny link

He recieved in tun a present

A mini "great wall of china"

The real great wall of china is........"silence"

The chinese said nothing.

But this said everything...for silence in china means...... NO

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL POST

I think the reasons political posts leak onto this baord with such regularity is it is very hard to disintagle pilotricks from economics

Now - Back to economics

Obama went to China and asked them to beak the currency link

He received in turn a present

A mini "great wall of china"

The real great wall of china is........"silence"

The chinese said nothing.

But this said everything...for silence in china means...... NO

Thats why so much money is going into gold because it is a store of value/money supply which in non-coherant with government decisions eg taxes/bail outs/ exchange rates.

Gold is not effected by governmental gravity - its the neutrino in the sub atomic bestiary of economic policy.

If you are carrying 100 positions as TJ does, then you don't need stops.

Furthermore, every time I backtest a system with and without stops, the one with the stops performs worse than the one without.

That's because stops take you out of big winners on whipsaw moves more often than they protect you from big losses.

Eh .. some other backtests tend to show that stops hurt trend focused TA, but benefit range focused TA.

Yes, stops may exit on a blip and thus miss a big trend.

But also, stops will get a range focused strategy out at the end of the range, before a big trend loss.

==> Stops are good for range scalping. Not so good for swing-for-the-fences trend hunting.

Just my leveraged 2c.

AGW stands for "Al Gore Weather".

AGW is exactly like AGP, which is the "Al Gore Presidency".

Al Gore Weather is weather that is not going to happen, ever; just like AGP.

Just like finding WMD was never going to happen..

WMD-Once they looked for them, they couldn't find them. WMD was a hoax.

AGP-Once they counted the actual votes, Al Gore lost. AGP was a hoax.

AGW-Once they plotted the real data, they couldn't find the heat. AGW is a hoax, too.

LMAO :lol: :lol:

Ho

Lee

Crap

R

U

Kidding

Me

article_photo1_sm.jpg

New tale of Detroits woe: Pontiac Silverdome sold for $583,000

Pontiac, Mich., sold the 80,300-seat Silverdome for $583,000 Wednesday. The former home of the Detroit Lions cost $55.7 million to build in 1975.

Full Poop<----

Amazing. Here in silicon valley $583,000 would get you a low end 2,000 sqft ranch home with a small backyard and maybe a two car garage (if it hasn't been converted into an illegal bedroom).

:lol:

Hey Shorty and Hanky, fireclosure for several stores on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City:

http://my.earthlink.net/article/us?guid=20...1121-2036459648

Probably just an insurance scam...

Actually the last few fires on the boardwalk were caused by bums sleeping underneath it and lighting fires to keep warm.It's a high class town don't ya know....... :unsure:

Thanks for the link, KW. ABC News or that blogger there must have had to pay a lawyer to figure out what that law says. It certainly isn't written in everyday English. You're right about it being pocket change. The big problem for Main Street is not the fact that someone was paid to vote Yes to the bill Congress ends up with-- although that's awful too. Louisiana is the state I grew up in, and New Orleans is the city. I love that region with all my heart and would still be there if my health could tolerate the hot humid climate. And I still agree that this is not at all right.

The biggest problem for Main Street is the many hundreds of millions of dollars or more that are spent on lobbyists, campaign contributions, and various other (perhaps much of it untrackable) expenses by the health care industry-- money spent to make sure that any bill that does pass will end up being a B Job to the health care industry-- not a reform of it in order to help out Main Street.

I agree with Trader Joe here that private health insurance ought to be abolished altogether, because it's just a middle man who takes some of your money out of your pocket on your way to your doctor, and adds no value. I prefer private enterprise for most kinds of businesses, and let them make a killing off of luxuries, OK. But to make a literal "killing" by denying needed medical coverage to folks who have paid premiums for years, as the health insurance companies find ways to do, is beyond criminal. Michael Moore's movie Sicko documented these tactics well. Some of his movies I don't like so much, but Sicko was a masterpiece in my book.

Main Street is just screwed until we all get going on finding honest Congressional candidates who will pledge to accept no Special Interest Group campaign contributions and to work for Main Street.

At least she raised her price. <_<

nd so it came to pass that Landrieu walked onto the Senate floor midafternoon Saturday to announce her aye vote -- and to trumpet the financial "fix" she had arranged for Louisiana. "I am not going to be defensive," she declared. "And it's not a $100 million fix. It's a $300 million fix."

It was an awkward moment (not least because her figure is 20 times the original Louisiana Purchase price). But it was fairly representative of a Senate debate that seems to be scripted in the Southern Gothic style. The plot was gripping -- the bill survived Saturday's procedural test without a single vote to spare -- and it brought out the rank partisanship, the self-absorption and all the other pathologies of modern politics. If that wasn't enough of a Tennessee Williams story line, the debate even had, playing the lead role, a Southerner named Blanche with a flair for the dramatic.

WP

That's one of the most asinine, inflammatory, ignorant, repulsive remarks I have seen on this board, and I have seen my share.

I live in Palm Beach County. I vote here, and I voted on that butterfly ballot. I know very well what happened, better than you or anyone else who wasn't here.

End of subject.

Politics is off limits here as a discussion topic except as it directly relates to the financial markets.

Global warming is ok as a topic. I especially like the charts. ;)

Hey Doc. lighten up. :D

Good timing. Better get something while they can. How much dilution will result?

regarding http://www.treas.gov/press/releases/tg415.htm

do we know how much money they can get from this auctions? if its big 50bln or something like that then they will have extra money, with no need for big bonds in dec or January (or part of it)

Saw this link over at trader talk.

http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2009/11...d-aig-nyse-aig/

"I learned a long time ago to not listen to what people say but watch what they do, and in the case of Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), their net shorting of Wells Fargo (NYSE:GS), Mastercard (NYSE: MA), PNC (NYSE: PNC) and AIG (NYSE: AIG) reveals they’re not buying into the assertion that we’ve started to enter a period of economic recovery; on the contrary, they’re betting against it."

Archived