B4 The Bell Humpday 13

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ECA hasn't opened. No news that I can see. Is there just something wrong with my quote feed? Or? :o ?

It's open now, gap down 1.33 U.S.

Canuck friends, anyone there got news? No news here that I can find.

Canadian energy stocks are down across the board.

Thanks, all.

Not just Canadian -- Brian's FDG is down almost 4 bucks. Anyone got ideas where a safe entry would be?

Its always interesting to read economic talk from Europe and Asia as they continue to respect, in most cases, the traditional economic relationships of interest rates, money supply, tax rates, trends and etc. in their view of the future economic and market activity. Which is in contras to the US where we tend to see what we want to see and figure that a good spin in our direction will change reality. This crazyness has gone on a long time in the US and has evolved into a linguistic science.

Perhaps with the stimulus from lower taxes and lower fed rates being done and local and state taxes increasing and oil prices increasing the economic realities will begin to bite. Certainly the leading economic indicators are pointing to a decline in growth. Finally, I would like to see if productivity continues to increase at the historically high amounts recorded over the past ten years.....productivity could be the wild-card. Productivity has long been a relatively fickle number but has been relatively consistant in the recent past.

But you know what might do it? China might stumble as there is an overcapacity growing in many industries. We shall see.....

FDG - three (small ) gaps : 24, 37.80, 39.20. middle one is also bottom of the channel. not saying it will go that low. maybe if the broads crash end of month. Brian? have a thought on this one?

I expect FDG to be supported by its dividend which could easily double in a year. It is a Canadian trust which means it has to distribute much of its cash flow.

First, we need to assess the situation in China and Korea where most of the demand comes from. I have seen estimates as high as $90 a ton for the metallurgical, or coking, coal by next year. If the Asians come apart, so will that forecast.

Just as Tuesday Morning's big closeout sale was bogus, so too, probably, is tonight's big rally.

Dr. Stepan N. Stool, Chief of Stock Proctology, Tuesday Night, 10/12/04, Anals of Stock Proctology

Have your downloaded your Anals today? Take a subscribatory. Click the link below to insert.

Archived