B4 The Bell, Thursday May 6

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ten Year to the top of the channel, VIX to the top of the channel...everybody gaming rate increases...shorts loading up...it's set up perfectly for a whipsaw reversal of major proportions.

I don't trust any of this....yet

Good morning and good stool to all.

I bought a Honda Insight when they first came out 3-4 years ago. It has been completely trouble-free, like most any other Honda. Only maintenance has been oil changes and such. I have put about 60000 miles on it so far.

I don't think that at the end of the day the hybridness adds that much to the cost. The battery pack is not very big, IIRC it is 144 NiMH D-cells. The electric motor cost is largely offset by the fact that the gas engine is small also (3-cyl 1.0L).

It is great being able to fill up on 10 gals. of regular gas and then drive for 600-700 miles. Just the convenience of not having to spend as much time at the gas station is almost worth it.

if we close this sucker positive for today, I'll take it as a very bullish sign. Rising yields should have KILLED this market by now. The market is supposed to be "forward looking" (I know, I know).

Both assumptions are faulty. Yield does not impact stock prices in any direct, consistent, discernible way. Markets are not forward looking. They simply measure the amount of liquidity in the system, and flowing into or out of stocks at any point in time. The fact that people think these relationships exist is what causes the problems. They are bogus ideas. Shibboleths, lies, if you will, planted by the Street.

Archived