B4 The Bell Weak-end Den July 22-24

BrownS...In response to your earlier questions...I would not have an brokerage account where I couldn't walk into and place a trade or pickup a check. The Etrades and Ameritrade have kept their overhead low by not having walk in offices (though I think Etrade did for awhile). Scott has the lowest commissions and offices so they make a good choice. Schwab has higher commissions and plenty of offices. Notice how ScottTrade builds their offices next to Schwab.

I don't think that brokerages deliberately slow down their access during down periods. Since they are all about commish, it doesn't make any sense for them to hinder your trading. The internet has become a cesspool for viruses and that may be contributing more than anything else. As far as holding certificates versus street name, I don't think it really makes a difference. The case for holding the certificates is that no one can short your shares.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Demonstrators to be caged at Democratic convention

How much more of this sh*t are we going to take, folks?

My sentiments exactly.

The problem is what the hell can I do about it. Nothing I can think of, as an individual. I doubt anybody really can, alone.

How many of the rest of you have simply had enough of the bullshit, to the point you feel motivated to do something?

Does crude trade in Asia on Sunday nights? Or do we have to wait for Brent to trade in Europe???

Oil prices firmer in Asian trade

SINGAPORE (AFX-ASIA) - Oil prices were firmer in Asian trade, dealers said. At 12:30 pm (0430 GMT), the benchmark New York light, sweet crude contract for September delivery was at 41.73 usd a barrel, up from 41.67 usd in New York on Friday. kma/bmm/rc For more information and to contact AFX: www.afxnews.com and www.afxpress.com

-----------------------------------------------------

The above came across my trading screen's new feed (bullhorn box). I don't know whether or not AFX provides Asian oil quotes as a regular feature.

My sentiments exactly.

The problem is what the hell can I do about it. Nothing I can think of, as an individual. I doubt anybody really can, alone.

How many of the rest of you have simply had enough of the bullshit, to the point you feel motivated to do something?

Exactly, N Ron. One person accomplishes nothing. One person inspiring others -- over time -- leads to a tipping point. :wink2:

Anway, since we're travelling down this route, who did this and why? Was it Cheney? Clinton? Silverstein? Al Qaeda? The Chinese? The Canadians?

Read the Homeland Security Bill? Know that it was passed almost immediately.

I don't know who is resposible , but IMHO, it was done to get that bill passed to take away our freedoms.

Yeah,while we're at it--How come the Patriot Act was an "off-the-shelf" product?Who wrote it and when?

Why did the anthrax attacks occur to certain people at or around the same time as the passage of said bill.

And as to the Pentagon,I say,show me the wings and I'll accept your DNA! :rolleyes:

Love your stuff, brown one.

While I'm at it, lots o' folks have great stuff to add. Like the end, plunge, sherlock, butter, N Ron, the colonel, hiding, B4 (of course), and many others.

My sentiments exactly.

Exactly, N Ron. One person accomplishes nothing. One person inspiring others -- over time -- leads to a tipping point. :wink2:

It would help to at least have an idea of some possible things to do.

Its frustrating to be upset about something and not have alternatives.

Leaving the country is, to me, an extreme solution.

We need to develop a list of actionable ideas.

Maybe somebody already has???

BrownS...In response to your earlier questions.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks

Karen:

Usually this falls within The End's purview.

He may have been retiring early and getting up late.

I felt great when I received his personal welcome to this site. In case he overlooked it:

Welcome Aboard

There's a lot of great traders here and through sharing, a helluva lot we can benefit thereby.

The safety of all high rise structures is dependent on fully understanding why

those buildings collapsed even tho designed to withstand airplane crashes, even

tho built with the finest of steel that has never ever before been destroyed by

fire.

I have thought about that question time and time again. Why hasn't some expert stepped forward and explained how those buildings evaporated in just a couple of hours?

Its frustrating to be upset about something and not have alternatives.

Leaving the country is, to me, an extreme solution.

We need to develop a list of actionable ideas.

Maybe somebody already has???

Sherlock,

Talk, talk, and talk some more. You will be surpised how much just spreading your ideas and your passion will influence people in just a few short years. :wink2:

The safety of all high rise structures is dependent on fully understanding why

those buildings collapsed even tho designed to withstand airplane crashes, even

tho built with the finest of steel that has never ever before been destroyed by

fire.

I have thought about that question time and time again. Why hasn't some expert stepped forward and explained how those buildings evaporated in just a couple of hours?

Well, so far, the two experiments have collapsed exactly the same way and can never be "reproduced" or "repeated", so we're never, ever, going to really know .

For time being, we're just going to have to live life with those facts.

Onething that's interesting to me, is that the iron structures were insulated. Insulation works 2 ways... it also holds heat in. Given that heat rises... I can see how the floors above the explosion would weaken and breakdown.

Hard to say that an explosion, from jet fuel wouldn't do the trick. IMHO, we are over looking that fact, that there was an explosion and not a simple fire.

Great discussion this weekend at Stoolville.. :)

I have to say that as I watched the towers burning that day, I felt positive that nothing would put that fire out, that the strusture had to have been considerably weakened by the impact of a plane fully loaded with fuel (thereby greatly increasing the shere mass force blasting through the building...and I assumed that the floors would weaken and that the upper portion of the building would experience a structural failure. I did not assume the zipper affect that followed, but it makes sense that the amount of weight coming down upon the subsequent floors was such an overwhelming force as to turn steel and concrete into powder.

As for the issue of WTC 7 - the following video clip (if it is not altered) appears to clearly show perfectly synchronized blasts at the corner of the building in rapid succession (click on the "squibs" link to play the video clip):

Looking at the upper right-hand corner of the building we see a rapid series of small explosions travelling upward just as the building itself begins to fall. The size, placement and timing of these "puffs" is very consistent with squibs from cutting charges of the type used in professional controlled demolitions, and in fact nothing but small explosive charges could create such an appearance. The decreasing volume of the building from the collapse itself could not create enough pressure to cause such localized high-velocity effects, and this early in the collapse would have only created a modest overpressure.

http://st12.startlogic.com/~xenonpup/Flash...west_corner.htm

So then it is possible that the idiot prince saw it in replay, since he was probably not watching Crapvision - so what happened to the video and why was it never aired again ? I am going to call Crapvision and find out.

Maybe he did see it happen on HIS tv.Closed circuit rigged up in NY by the perps beforehand.All he got told was we are going to solve ALL your probs on the eleventh day of September in the year of our Lord two thousand and one.

You don't know how it is to be done but you will recognize it when it occurs.It will be your hour of greatness and so that you know when it has started,we have arranged for you to see the beginning on tv.

So, like all tv buffs he believes everything that he sees on tv is real and that (more importantly) that he shares his viewing with millions of others.That was the part that they forgot to tell him--for your eyes only.Shssst don't tell anyone that you saw it first live on tv! Of course,when someone asks about it he cannot appear a fool and say "I know nothing" but instead of saying "I heard" he says instead "Yep,I saw it on tv"--visual information has a much stronger impact on the human brain than auditory info.

I contend that this would also explain his "perfomance" at the school as shown by MM's film.When you have such greatness thrust upon you so suddenly,it is difficult to know what to do especially when you've not followed the course on "How to become Great and (part 2) How to keep Greatness Together for as long as Possible"

I'm a loonie with a hangover!Best time to solve crypto-crossword puzzles.A hangover does a sort of "format c" on my brain! :rolleyes:

My sentiments exactly.

First thing to be done is repeal the Unpatriot Acts. The population is more interested in whether Social Security will be there when they retire than freedom for their children. We have been numbed down. No protests on college campuses nothing to speak of. Kent State seems like a lifetime ago. I guess we have to wait until the draft comes back. Maybe when all the kids hear bullets whizzing over their heads the alarm clock finally goes off.

My sentiments exactly.

First thing to be done is repeal the Unpatriot Acts. The population is more interested in whether Social Security will be there when they retire than freedom for their children. We have been numbed down. No protests on college campuses nothing to speak of. Kent State seems like a lifetime ago. I guess we have to wait until the draft comes back. Maybe when all the kids hear bullets whizzing over their heads the alarm clock finally goes off.

As Sherlock has pointed out,there's a $3Trillion hole in the DoD accounts and who knows how big a hole in the SS budget.

Here's part of an article by Fitts written in March this year.I'll provide a link soon.

{Top 20 Areas of 9-11 Profiteering

Here are my candidates for the top twenty profit flows resulting from or related to 9-11 and the response to 9-11:

**** # # # ****

Money Missing from the US Treasury

In fiscal 1999 and 2000, the Department of Defense (DOD) reported $3.3 trillion of undocumentable adjustments in the process of failing to produce audited financial statements. In the summer of 2001, the appropriations for DOD failed to report out of committee before the summer recess. The political tension between arms manufacturers and defense contractors who anticipated pay back from the Bush election victory and those pressing for federal spending and financing to conform to spending and securities law was resolved by 9-11.

The questions remain ? who has the $3.3 trillion plus missing from the US Treasury? what is the role of the NY Federal Reserve Bank and its members as depository for the US government and agent for the Exchange Stabilization Fund? and why are we proposing to cut back social security rather than getting these resources back?

Useful Link:

Where is the Money?

http://www.whereisthemoney.org/

US Stock Market Pump & Dump Fraud

At the time of 9-11, federal and state enforcement leaders were facing a mountain of documentation that up to $6 trillion had been fraudulently skimmed out of pension funds and retail stock holdings through insider trading and other forms of corporate and banking financial fraud and securities law violations.

The events of 9-11 are alleged to have destroyed significant amounts of documentation related to investigations against Wall Street firms and leading New York Federal Reserve members. Subsequent to 9-11, enforcement bureaucracies attention shifted in response to the Patriot Act and a shift in budgetary resources away from policing white collar crime by corporate and banking leadership.

Useful Links:

Le Metropole Cafe

http://www.lemetropolecafe.com/

Sanders Research Associates

http://www.sandersresearch.com/

Scoop Media

http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason

From the Wilderness

http:///www.fromthewilderness.com

No More Fake News

http://www.nomorefakenews.com/

Tom Flocco

http://www.tomflocco.com/

Federal Credit Arbitrage & Relaxed Monetary Policy

Financial institutions who have access to the federal credit can use such credit to raise deposits and savings from citizens, paying little or no interest, and then lend it back to the citizens at much higher interest rates through financing the US Treasury, mortgage agency securities or in relaxed lending policies which charge relatively expensive interest and fees. Hence, it is now a common fact pattern to find people in America earning 2% on their bank CD's while their neighbors are paying Citibank, JP Morgan Chase and the IRS 18% on their debt.

Subsequent to 9-11, these types of rich federal credit arbitrage profits appear to have skyrocketed as the facilitating ease in monetary policy was matched by extraordinary increases in government debt and easing in consumer debt policies and more industry favorable bankruptcy and lending laws. In short, 9-11 appears to have been used by Greenspan and the NY Federal Reserve to promote the back door liquidation of middle class equity through federal credit arbitrage.

This kind of manipulation allows sophisticated financial institutions to "put" their losses back to the government and the citizens in a "heads we win, tails we win" economic model which is hard for the non-financially literate citizen to understand.}

http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/archive/scoop...2.3e88a486.html

Oh yeah,weren't the SEC documents relating to the PumpAndDump referred to above,stored in WTC 7 for safe keeping?The thot plickens!

I'm not the brightest tool in the shed so please explain to me how any plane can take off from Boston and head to NYC and no one knows where it is? total bullshit. We already have the answers to 911. Patriot Act 1 and 2. :angry:

TFH.....

The Airtraffic Control Radar challanges the transponder now versus painting

a picture(return). The transponder replys in a code specified for id purposes.

There is a code for HIJACKED, although if the transponder has been turned off by

the hijacker/pilot, it is useless.

Archived