World Stock Markets Trading Discussion-Dystopic Demonocracy

Lee - thanks for your warning on the CMB issue and posting the settlement dates in advance. Your work kept me in cash the last couple of months. I'm still in cash and grateful. You had a good long term call. Many others expected a huge bounce right out of the Fed meeting and you were a lone voice that said "wait until you see the whites of their eyes." I waited and I missed the bullet.

Gameover - great work. I have to say you've been dead on for short term trades. Impressive.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Understood

I'm just enjoying busting your balls on the 3,217 posts you made prior extolling the virtues of NOVEMBER 14th

...and please don' t start claiming that you called this turn in the market

I called the turn in the market.

Winning!

As I have repeatedly pointed out and tried to warn as best I could yesterday, the Treasury absorbed 100% of it with the CMB auctioned today. I specifically warned that as a result there would be NO BENEFIT to the market from the first QE3 settlement. The next settlement will be next Monday and Tuesday. The market is on its own till then.

The market on its own = Short At Will.

On a more serous note, I've made up about a quarter of my QE II losses so far this year by going long in the early part of the year and short since the recent intermediate top.

It's really annoying to me that I got 2002-2007 right (meaning steady gains) and 2007-2010 right (meaning steady gains) and then "whack", I got sliced the one time I hold onto a losing position for too long.

Lesson learned.

Wish I could have learned it earlier when I had less cash in the trading account.

At least 2012 is going well.

Latest Story

Treasury Pulls Fed Punchbowl, But Russ Winter Takes Some Puts Profits

November 14, 2012By Lee Adler

Lee Adler explains how the Treasury stymied the potential bullish effects of the Fed’s first QE3 purchase settlements. Russ likes the bear’s chances but he’s been short for a while and explains why he’s taking some profits. Those discussions, the market outlook, and more are all discussed in this information packed 17 minute podcast.

rfwslogosmall.png?affiliate=self

This is a subscriber only podcast, subscribers may click here to listen.

If you are not a subscriber, click here to access the Wednesday, October 31 podcast. Also check out Russ Winter’s Daily Rants available on the Radio Free Wall Street home page and at Winter Watch.

Archived