B4 the Bell, Turdsday April 15, 2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A note about the open if you are not an experienced trader stay OUT if you ARE look for a gap DOWN and pound Hell out of it! ;)

amen to that opening ...

if flat, I usually set a short for a buck above previous close (spy) and a buy for below. sometimes, I get both for a quick turn. I find that whatever limits are reached in the first 30-45 mins.. are revisited later too (which usually saves me from taking a loss - except for those don't look back boners)

I was trying to make an icon for b4 the bell for the first post (like the old days of "night stool")

The RLX, HGX, and XLF have cracked.

All three Pillars of the Housing Bubble.

I doubt we get much of a bounce out of here.

On all the other tops and subsequent selloffs, the lenders, builders, and financials held their ground.

Not this time.

Looks like the real deal......

Major Indexes

Most of the major indexes have broken below the 50-day and now the lagging 20-day is the only thing left holding them up.

If we bust down tomorrow and crack the 20 and the 50, then the 200 is the next stop.

Judging from the severe volume seen on the financials, I doubt the 200-day will hold.

Unless Johnny Law II announces a "surprise rate cut" or an "unexpected BOJ Intervention" or something......

Within a matter of two weeks, the odds of playing the short side have dramatically improved over the long side. Lots of juicy short selling setups out there. Not even worth trolling for longs anymore, until we get a huge 5-day ARMS reading and a couple of back to back 90% down days.

wndy,

Seems we are seeing the final wave up of the credit bubble and the

financial stocks. Check out the BKX and how it looks like this latest

year log rally was part of a wave 5 of the entire bull move for the

credit bubble.

If this is the end for the credit bubble big wave up, then the financials &

housing stocks are in big trouble.

If in fact, debt demand significantly diminishes, then the entire market

will absolutely be destroyed.

Doc, is right. Liquidity is everything. The end of the credit bubble is the

bears green light to short. Short hard and reload often.

SEH

FEDERAL RESERVE CHAIRMAN ALAN GREENSPAN

Friday, April 16

WASHINGTON - Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan speaks

via videoconference on "Capitalizing Reputation" before the

"2004 Financial Markets Conference - Wall Street against the

Wall: Transparency and Conflicts of Interest" conference in Sea

Island, Ga. sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta,

approx. 0815 EDT/1215 GMT. No Q&A. Coordinates: Galaxy 4,

Transponder 23, C-Band. Technical contact: Ed Berkey, 202 797

6262. Information contact: Pierce Nelson, 404-498-8748. Agenda:

http://www.frbatlanta.org/invoke.cfm?objec...&method=display

http://www.forbes.com/markets/newswire/200...rtr1333066.html

Denmark fears businessman held in Iraq

By News Agencies

A Danish businessman has been kidnapped in Iraq, Danish Broadcasting News said on Friday, and the government confirmed one person was missing.

"A Danish citizen in all probability has been detained in Iraq. No Iraqis or Iraqi groups have contacted the Danish authorities," the Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

Danish Broadcasting News said the man in his 30s was kidnapped during a highway robbery, probably late on Tuesday, in the town of Taji outside Baghdad -- not near Basra as it said earlier. He was in Iraq to set up a sewerage business.

Denmark supported the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq and now has around 500 troops in the country.

On Monday, two Danish relief groups said that they had pulled their workers out of Iraq because of increasing violence there.

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/416257.html

PHILIPPINES: Arroyo suspends further troop deployment to Iraq

AFP

MANILA, Apr 15:

Philippines President Gloria Arroyo said today she was suspending the

scheduled deployment of more forces to Iraq as contingency plans

were being drafted for evacuating Filipino civilians.

Filipino troops already in Iraq were being told to sit tight in their camps amid escalating violence but they would be called upon to help with any evacuation of up to 1,000 Philippine civilians in the country, Arroyo said.

http://www.emedia.com.my/Current_News/NST/...cle/indexb_html

Released Japanese hostages want to stay in Iraq

TOKYO: Two of the three Japanese hostages released in Iraq have said they want to stay in the troubled nation, prompting disbelief and exasperation among relatives and politicians.

Moments after she was released by a militant group, volunteer worker Nahoko Takato, 34, said on the Arab satellite television station Al-Jazeera that she wanted to continue her volunteer work in Iraq.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp...w/80425/1/.html

Now who do you suppose stepped up to the plate at 11 pm last night?

Was it because of strength in Japan? NO... European markets were not open yet so nothing there. They moved the 3:00 am jam back 4 hours.

Cant find anything which explains the 5 point spoos buying. Nokia just released a disaster and the invisible hand continues to BUY.

Ya news is noise but this is the kind of after hours nonsense that must keep us on our toes. Scam week BS. Nothing is what it seems in these highly interfered with and manipulated futures markets.

Having said that I am reentering right here and right now. They have it close to max pain on the Dow for the open so little risk. Stops are in as always

Dont think today will be pretty.

Today is

Europe starting to selloff ever so slightly now on Nokia

They are going to have a hard time keeping a poker face holding this POS back from imploding today

Looks like I may have got a good entry... but the hand is fighting hard.

I thought Nokia might make a difference ...It has in the past

Starting to look like gold and silver are finally stabalizing at these bargain basement levels.

Europe now looks like it is ignoring Nokia news noise

If its one thing I regret it is not tracking the 3am and 14:30-15:00 pm futures jam over the years. If one had just closed thier eyes and bought those time frames with a sell at 9:30 am and 16:15 pm the profits would be staggering.

Archived