Anaemic ascent

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has it every occurred to anyone else that NY now trades like the rest of the world used to trade... waiting for NY. Now, everything happens in Frankfart and NY just catches up every day, then marks time till the next day.

Was just remarking on that last week to a friend. First time I've ever seen it...

w?s=%5EAORD

A rollover in the arvo possibly due to news-noise viz, the Reserve Bank leaving interest rates on hold instead of the widely expected rate cut. More likely we just followed Asia down: All Ords closed -0.5% with many sectors slipping into the red. Miners -1.1%, Materials and Gold -0.9% and Financials/REITS -0.8% were the chief losers.

Over in Asia, China -2%, Honkers -0.2%, India +0.6% and Nikkers -0.4%.

On to UK/Europe:

image;size=239x110

image;size=239x110

image;size=239x110

On the reamestate front (suburbs 20 min outside of Denver in particular)

Starting to see folks that pulled their listing at lower "rock bottom" prices in 2011, now asking for higher prices

In some cases quite a bit higher

Seems that they've been advised that "others" are gittin er done at higher prices, "you can to"

First time I have seen this pricing behavior "en masse" since the market blew-up in 2006 +/-

Just an observation

As for the area immediately around Denver, I am astounded as to how well the market has held up

Back in "the Dirty" (NJ) bankers and finance types are taking it up the poop-shoot

Conversely, folks that work in pharma are more than happy to "swoop in" for the deals :huh:

Circle of life

Archived