Thanksgiving

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soup - everything I have read tells me that if the Fed is successful in in(re)flation that you want to be long the market.

O/T regarding inflation:I lived in Argentina during the most incredible inflationary period (outside of WWII Germany) from 1976-1978. I remember seeing 212% rates demanded for loans and 186% rates paid on ONE WEEK accounts!!!! I remember people buying refrigerators just to have hard tangible goods. I also recall people begging to buy dollars from me (I stuck out in a crowd as a very obvious American) because they weren't allowed to have US Dollars in their possession. During my two years there, I used what they called, in order, old, new old, and new currencies. When I arrived there, a US Dollar was worth 250 pesos, when I left it was worth 13,500, and that doesn't account for the zeroes they knocked off it.

My two cents here is that Greenspan is going to try to inflate himself and the US out of the tremendous debt crisis that the media conveniently ignores.

I just cannot comprehend that with the statements that Fed Gov. Bernanke (sp?) made the other day that gold is not screaming higher.

Can anyone explain to me how/why the VIX went GREEN on a day like this? What significance does that imply? I'd really like to figure that one out so any response would be appreciated.

It would seem that that some of the Treasury bond redemptions are finding a home in corporate bonds, at least temporarily. Sloshing around the toilet bowl seeking gains on capital. Can't last though. The smarter bulls should be thinking about making gains a reality by selling stocks. REAL ACTUAL profit for Thanksgiving bragging rights has got to be better than PAPER profit which is all these Pampalona fools have so far. Some suckers, the very last bastion of greater fools, will step in with a few long dollars Friday or Monday after listening to cousin Peter brag about his returns to date while they are all gathered round for their turkey feast. The real turkeys this holiday will be sitting in chairs!

We need a barfing smilie!

Well, I have dumped a bunch of NDX puts today and rolled out to March with 2 more SPX puts. Cleaned out a bunch of Weiss reco's too far out of the money while they were still worth something. I am impressed with this rally but still thinks it going down after Thanksgiving.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

A very Injured Grizzly who is still twitching but wonders if it is the last gasp of a dying bear. They will have to pull this mouse out of my cold dead paws before I give up. :lol:

This big jam today looks like it will be on very light volume. We got some +1300 ticks this morning, Cramer is saying the economy is growing rapidly and is basically saying to buy anything. A slow grind up, the boys picked a great day to manipulate this piece of stool. The boys have the program trading black boxes tuned to ramp anytime the tick level dips to 0.... :ph34r: Plus its end of month window dressing. We'll see how much lipstick is left for Friday.

Archived