Wild Gyrations Wednesday

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell has happened to our country?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090930/ap_on_...r_backlash_mich

IRVING TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Each day before the school bus comes to pick up the neighborhood's children, Lisa Snyder did a favor for three of her fellow moms, welcoming their children into her home for about an hour before they left for school.

Regulators who oversee child care, however, don't see it as charity. Days after the start of the new school year, Snyder received a letter from the Michigan Department of Human Services warning her that if she continued, she'd be violating a law aimed at the operators of unlicensed day care centers.

Sorry, I was busy and just as I posted this the site went down.

Case Chiller �" False, Phony, and Fictitious

by Lee Adler, Wednesday, September 30, 2009, in Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit I made a little chart yesterday for a free podcast that I didn’t have time to post over on Radio Free Wall Street. I’m discovering that it’s a lot quicker to type a post than it is to talk about an issue for a few minutes and then produce a decent sounding podcast.

But that’s neither here nor there. What’s here is the little chart and the point is that the Case Shiller Index (CSI for your real estate crime fans) is way behind the curve.

concon909-300x198.pngClick here to enlarge

Now let me tell you why I think that’s the Case.

(Continued)

What the hell has happened to our country?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090930/ap_on_...r_backlash_mich

IRVING TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Each day before the school bus comes to pick up the neighborhood's children, Lisa Snyder did a favor for three of her fellow moms, welcoming their children into her home for about an hour before they left for school.

Regulators who oversee child care, however, don't see it as charity. Days after the start of the new school year, Snyder received a letter from the Michigan Department of Human Services warning her that if she continued, she'd be violating a law aimed at the operators of unlicensed day care centers.

It's worth noting that for the DHS to have sent that warning, it probably means someone reported her.

Someone who thought ratting her out was actually making a positive contribution to society.

This sculpture, part of Chen Wenling's solo exhibition "Emergency Escape" at Joy Art Gallery in Beijing, represents the global financial crisis: The bull, of course, represents Wall Street, and the demon-man pressed to the wall is Bernie Madoff.

The title of the piece is 'What you see may not be real'

post-441-1254349097_thumb.jpg

If today's low holds tomorrow, then we may have one last ramp into early next month...if it fails, the long awaited pullback may be underway.

Sept 17th Bat Signal still looking good at this point.....

Ah yes, the perverbial BAT SIGNAL...

post-1110-1254349961.jpg

It's worth noting that for the DHS to have sent that warning, it probably means someone reported her.

Someone who thought ratting her out was actually making a positive contribution to society.

As far as I could tell from reading the article, or the more detailed one below, there were no implications of any wrong doing, other than not registering with the police state officials for doing a favor for her neighbors.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33068650/ns/to...ing_and_family/

And how about this....

Snyder also asked if the kids could come to her house for playdates. She was told that if the children’s parents were at home during the playtime it was OK, but if they dropped the kids off to play and then went to the store or out to dinner, it was no longer a playdate — it was day care.

Are you friggin kidding me? Seriously, you gotta be joking right? Not these clowns...

The fact that you have to change the law to get people to act with common sense pretty much says it all....

And Calley is working to rewrite the law to allow people who aren’t paid to look after friends’ children.

The law itself is taken way out of context. It’s meant to regulate the business of providing day care services. It’s not meant to apply to friends helping friends in this way,” Calley said. “What I’d like to do is clarify the law and take away the ability of the department to apply in this way.”

Archived