Nervous Energy

Phatty- This will get you in go to cboe.com hit the tab market data-then market statistics. Pile I agree that we are going down the crapper BUT even when you strip out Q leaps the equity and SPX numbers are skewed big time to the put side as is the p/c ratio which doesn't include the leaps-hopefully it won't matter but Bernie Schaeffer uses these as his number 1 indicator and you have to be mindful of it. Go GOLD go-Trade Safe!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fart, when are you going to give us some

rationale for your spring rally?

http://www.amanita.at/e/faq/e-bradley.htm

Until I find a model that works better than this one, I'm stickin with it...Geo 360 seems to track pretty good...

Cheers...

it sure does....but the directional and quantitative correlation of the bradley and the broad market has been a thing of wonder this year, and is NOT normally the case. they could decouple at any time. personally i think we'll get that march low, followed by a weak bounce, followed by a bathyspheric Q2 descent into holyshit land.

Better yet, take the Property Taxes. I'm sporting a $12K Tax Bill on the House... If I hadn't pulled a Prop. 58, I'd be looking at twice the amount....Welcome to the Sunshine State!

Don't you DARE complain about taxes in FL. They take 6% off the top for state income tax in GA. :angry: And my last auto registration was $600. :angry: :angry: And yes, I paid property taxes too. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Phatty- This will get you in go to cboe.com hit the tab market data-then market statistics. Pile I agree that we are going down the crapper BUT even when you strip out Q leaps the equity and SPX numbers are skewed big time to the put side as is the p/c ratio which doesn't include the leaps-hopefully it won't matter but Bernie Schaeffer uses these as his number 1 indicator and you have to be mindful of it. Go GOLD go-Trade Safe!

damn, must be me. can't bring up cboe.com.

oh wait.....there......FINALLY. the site just wasn't loading before, like server too busy or something. thanks again b4.

SOURCE: Schaeffers Research

rsparks_obs.jpgNew Highs and New Lows Reveal Market Weakness

By Richard A. Sparks ([email protected])

2/3/2003 3:18 PM ET

One gauge of investor sentiment can be obtained by monitoring the number of advancing and declining issues over time. This indicator can be found at Schaeffer's Daily Sentiment and is called the Nasdaq/NYSE Composite New Highs versus New Lows. The formula for the indicator is NH/(NH+NL). Deciphered, this is the ratio of the number of stocks hitting daily 52-week highs versus those hitting 52-week lows on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq.

While many other indicators are neutral, today's NH/(NH+NL) reading is currently issuing a bearish signal. That suggests a continued pullback from the recent rally. The recent bullish signal turned off with its second consecutive drop after moving above 70. This occurred on January 17 and the S&P 500 Index (SPX ? 860.65) is more than four percent lower. From its high of 83.2 percent on January 17, the measure has fallen in nine consecutive session to fall to 50.3 percent, its lowest level since mid November. The ratio of new highs to new lows recent peak was its highest since late April. At that time, the SPX was trading closer to 1,050, more than 115 points higher than its recent peak. Once again in this bear market, it appears that the rally may have created opportunities. However, once again, it seems those opportunities may have been bearish ones.

THE END--I posted a few times before-I don't know why the "meter" didn't record it--anyway, gold's going nuts to the upside in the access mkt. tonight

Gold(CMX) Apr 372.0 375.5 371.9 375.0 +$3.4 2/3/2003 7:59

Better yet, take the Property Taxes. I'm sporting a $12K Tax Bill on the House... If I hadn't pulled a Prop. 58, I'd be looking at twice the amount....Welcome to the Sunshine State!

Don't you DARE complain about taxes in FL. They take 6% off the top for state income tax in GA. :angry: And my last auto registration was $600. :angry: :angry: And yes, I paid property taxes too. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Wrong Sunshine State...California - and I would KILL to only pay 6%. We pay 9.6% here. We pay 8 1/4% Sales Tax and it's going up too. In addition, Davis is looking to do a split tax role and ding us for Commercial / Industrial Real Estate.

Wrong Sunshine State...California - and I would KILL to only pay 6%. We pay 9.6% here. We pay 8 1/4% Sales Tax and it's going up too. In addition, Davis is looking to do a split tax role and ding us for Commercial / Industrial Real Estate.

Sorry- my error.. you win :o

Sorry- my error.. you win :o

No Apology needed....we're ALL getting screwed!

Archived