B4 The Bell Fryday April 2,2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smoke & mirrors.

The most important sentence in the whole report!

"Manufacturing employment was unchanged in March at 14.3 million. Declines in manufacturing employment began moderating late last summer. Employment in both durable and nondurable goods manufacturing was little changed in March."

Please someone tell me that folks are not that freaking stupid? How does this jive with all the layoffs? Man o man, I will shorting the open, but as usual I may be underestimating the stupidty of folks.

Ok soup: Folks are not that stupid....... :grin: :grin: welcome to the real world of Goebbles and propaganda. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Smoke & mirrors.

The most important sentence in the whole report!

"Manufacturing employment was unchanged in March at 14.3 million. Declines in manufacturing employment began moderating late last summer. Employment in both durable and nondurable goods manufacturing was little changed in March."

Doesn't a flattening out in manufacturing job losses mean that productivity gains start coming back down to earth?

do you guys really think the fed can bail out all that leverage? Cmon this is a blood bath in bonds, how many folks are blowing up? Margin calls on 100to 1 leverage? This will wipe out stocks, it just may take a little time.

I am in shock they have removed the last pillar supporting this mania.

What am I missing here?

They just made a huge statement that I am at a loss to explain

Perhaps the pending manipulation in the long bonds will pale in comparison to what we have seen.

Morning Crew-as your mother used to say "Don't eat that Elmer its a road apple!" the biggest lie ever told-but wait-they will sell it-so if I am stopped at the open-I'll be back in soon. Now window at the bell for 45 minutes-may the force be with us. ;)

Guest yobob1

Total employment in March held at 138.3 million, and the employment-popula-

tion ratio--the proportion of the population age 16 and over with jobs--was

essentially unchanged at 62.1 percent. The civilian labor force was about

unchanged over the month at 146.7 million, and the labor force participation

rate remained at 65.9 percent. (See table A-1.)

So Where's the new jobs??????????????

Read the BLS report and draw your own conclusionsEmployment Situation Summary

Archived