SpreadTraders Bulldozed

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"The management of al Qaeda knows as much about the mechanism of markets as I do and few if any know more about market mechanisms than me."

You've got to love good ol' Jim Sinclair

www.jsmineset.com

Oh... his website is still up ??? :lol:

ouch!

Tommy O is getting a ravaged by the cubs this afternoon.

Dollar weekly:

- closed above its 50 SMA weekly agaisnt all the commodity currencies like AUD and CAD

- closed above the mentioned MA against Yen

- agaisnt Euro and CHF it fights with the MA, only agaisnt GBP is has to do a bit more work to reach the MA.

so we have in currencies what we see in the overall marekt:

first the commodities top out and start moving down, as we saw in Gold and Platinum for example, then the rest follwos, as we see now in stocks.

There will come most likely an upmove in EUR/USD once the weekly uptrendline from the 2002 lows gets hit, line is at 1.1730 currently, the whole forex planet waits for this line to be seen. If the pullback from that line is weak USD could really rally.

dear Stoolies, and Marky Mark, da leader:

jiskiss is still here, and hats off to Marky Mark for his (again) prescient warning on the gold shares, given to the world last evening. Marky, u be da man, for sure.

next, Kipling, for any who hold "da golds" long, especially on margin:

It's like a book, I think, this bloomin' world,

Which you can read and care for just so long,

But presently you feel that you will die

Unless you get the page your readin' done,

An' turn another--likely not so good;

But what you're after is to turn 'em all.

(From Sestina of the Tramp-Royal)

Marky Mark is doing absolutely yeoman's work on "Writing the Book" on this thing for one and all....it would be nice to see a few logical things happen, though, for a change, like, perchance, da golds goin up as the level of crisis increases......

Here is a page from Alaron on gold today, again, 5-40-11 MACD.

Da Boyz really turned the faster red line down.....This 5-40-11 daily MACD tells the story in gold,

and the shorter 4-6-5 daily works on the shares.

"death spiral" we think he said :unsure:

Some daze, it sees that all the races are fixed

regards, jickiss

post-7-1083964949.gif

O'Brien's subscribers and listeners getting on his case big-time today. I've noticed this tends to be a pattern with quasi-guru's. The followers will usually show deference to the guru and allow him a little tap-dancing about exactly what he said . . . . until the losses get pretty serious, then the direct confrontations start. I'd guess Sinclair would be taking major flak about now if he had a radio show too.

Early during O'Brien's show today somebody called and asked where he should have stops on these gold stocks. O'Brien told the guy you ALWAYS have to have stops. Turns out, this guy wasn't a subscriber to O'Brien's newsletter.

Later in the show, at the end of the first hour, a subscriber called in. Again, it was pretty confrontational. The subscriber pointed out that there are no stops on the gold stocks in at least one of O'Brien's newsletters. There was a little tap-dancing, then a direct confrontation: [paraphrasing] "I'm a subscriber, and all of the other stocks have stops, but the gold stocks don't. None of them have stops. You told the earlier caller we should always have stops, but you didn't give them to us."

There was some silence. He was directly confronted with the facts, by someone who was paying him.

It was uncomfortable to listen to, you know what I mean?

The other day O'Brien inferred they (meaning his newsletters) had been stopped out of all the gold stocks. It now appears that was not true.

If you've ever thought stops aren't important, listen to the pain and discomfort and anger of that show, and you'll have stops from now on.

Not trying to pick on O'Brien. It's just something where we can all learn a lesson. Self-delusion is about THE most dangerous thing to an investor/trader in my opinion. I've done it many times myself, I'm sure we all have.

When times are good and you think you're a genius, that's when you should be getting nervous.

can't say i'd want to be long eurodollars

The Eurodollar plummeted and bounced off its 200 day moving average today after its biggest decline since last October. The Ted Spread also widened suggesting a flight away from Eurodollars. All serious declines in the equities market, in the past, have been preceeded by the Ted Spread gapping which is exactly what we have been seeing lately. Going to chart it over the weekend and will let all know what I come up with.

"The management of al Qaeda knows as much about the mechanism of markets as I do and few if any know more about market mechanisms than me."

You've got to love good ol' Jim Sinclair

www.jsmineset.com

Oh... his website is still up ??? :lol:

ouch!

Tommy O is getting a ravaged by the cubs this afternoon.

Yeah, they're out for blood. He'll never be able to tell them to buy gold again.

jtomm

"When times are good and you think you're a genius, that's when you should be getting nervous"

That is an excellent piece of advice

When its like shooting fish in a barrel stop, reassess and always always set targets, lock in and never give it all back.

A very hard lesson learned on this end. Been through the rags to riches to rags thing a few times and am lucky to still be solvent. The tuition can be very expensive and painful

Grand Poopercycle,

Whereas i read you manage assets and have expertise.

My question, if you will sir. What plausiable explanation could there be for

after hour transactions of 80,000 shares some 0.70 over the days close,

also A 1,8OO TRANSACTION FOR $1.24 over the day's close?

Others also at ranges of .40 or more.

If short covering why not during regular hours and why not at the after market ask

whih is substantially less.

Thank you for any insight.

Best Day

Best Trading.

patriot

Archived