Something Basic And Worthy Of Repetiton

Good morning, everyone. The following was too good not to be repeated, and I feel it's a very good way to start off the new week.

This is not meant to be directed towards anyone in particular and not meant to be offensive.

But, we got people here trading 5 minute charts, 15 minute charts, 5 hours cycles, 1 day cycles, 13 week cycles, three day charts, weekly charts, 6 month cycles, etc.  Most like Docs cycles, some like SG's approach, some follow this some follow that........Geeezzzzz!  What a pack!

Bottom line......pick YOUR OWN desired timeframe and trade it!!!!!!!  Plan yor trade, trade your plan.  If you dont have a plan....dont trade....develop one and trade it.

Enter the trade, watch the time frame you follow and stick to that time frame. ...but do watch time frames shorter and longer than your trading time frame.  But when YOUR PLANNED trading timeframe indicates a change.....exit the trade.    Always use protection...either real or mental!

Sorry for the post....just seems we all be a little testicle about our individual bearish or bullish opinions.  

WIth that said...

....COMPX  1412 or 1427 breaks...

...SP500 905 or 913 breaks.....

otherwise go to sleep!

Thank you, Rockhead.

To which I'll add; even with a plan, know when it's time to take a break. If you find that you are getting so obsessed over this thing that doing or even thinking of doing other things besides the u-no-what is becoming a major challenge in your life it's definitely time to give it a rest - for a day, a week or longer if necessary. Else you risk total burnout.

Even on an intraday basis, if it gets really intense to the point where you are experiencing mindlock. There are many ways this can be accomplished, things that have already been discussed here.

Like deep breathing (where are you, blackbelt?), meditation, yoga, communing with your companion creatures (no time like the present to adopt one or more if you've been thinking of doing that but haven't done so yet), etc.

Like simply focusing on the larger issues such as the ways the world might end as already outlined previously. Or better yet, First Contact, something that will be (or was) the single most important event in human history.

Etc.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, well. Gold gets smacked on the head again - almost $2 off the highs already and the big markets aren't even open yet! This, despite the fact that the dolor is down again. Sigh... I hereby propose to use Mr. Jim Sinclair's predictions as a contrarian indicator.

lach.gif

Regards,

Vesselin

$2? What are you looking at? The spot is more than $4 off the highs from Friday. It's a long week. Let's see what happens. No harm in taking a little off the table. Get short the broads, though. Here's a few ideas for ya:

NVLS,ATMI,BBY,MXIM,AME,AMZN,APH,AVCT,HYSL,IRF,ISSX,

ITRI,MERQ,PHTN,SNDK,STK,WBSN,WPI,MMS,STK,NAV

Well, if you're in NY or Miami you could contmeplate that mega tsunami that's coming, that will wipe everybody out. Anybody see that on Discovery Channel last night? We'll have 8 hours to evacuate New york, Miami, and any other coastal areas up to 12 miles inland.

Oh well.

Uncle Buck and the Golden Stool

Stoolwethers

SG chimes in

1. Regarding the first posting this morning. AMEN. I only post my strategies for informational purposes. I am not always right either, and you are responsible for your OWN ACTIONS. I am a higher risk taker than most, understand your risk tolerance and plan accordingly. Be willing to lose money, at least on paper... which fortunately I seldom do

2. As far as today: I think I smattered all over this board Friday that I went 200% short the Q's on fridays close after covering last Wed morning.

My target is 24.50 for this week on the Q's... and at 200% leverage on a 6 figure position... well... as you can see, I dont play with small numbers and therefore I take my craft seriously.

3. E waves... learn em, or continue to suffer poor results.

Updates coming.... give me time to drink some coffee...

Morn all! Ual belly up. The spin is everything fine :rolleyes:

Just like worldcom,enron, lucent ect ect ect :angry:

We's just ain't paying our bills :blink:

Don't worry, WHAT ME WORRY :P

The fed is giving free money B)

Dont forget this fall your money color will change :angry:

Third World here we come :angry:

DEFLATION

Greg, since the exchange doesn't provide volume data for the gold futures, how about getting rid of the volume pane on that chart in order to save space? ;)

middlechart.chart?iInd0=na&iInd1=na&iInd2=na&sSymbol=GLD.FX1&.gif

Regards,

Vesselin

A few SG rants for the day

1. Increased government (non-productive) spending and tax cuts will not erase the debts our country, our citizens, nor our corporations. We have the highest level of debt as a % of GDP in our HISTORY, including the Depression.

2. Owning most any form of bonds over the next year will get you crushed.

3. Several more insurance companies will go under

4. Municipalities will default on some debt issues, and taxes will go way up.

5. Inflation in things you purchase daily and weekly will rear its ugly head.

Themes for 03 investing IMHO

Natural resource funds, stocks

Gold and Precious Metals stocks (not yet, but soon)

Convertible Securities

Funds that short the larger indexes (at the right cycles)

Long positions in some small cap value names, especially E-Commerce names, yes... thats right.

Cash

BTW... 1320 looks to be looming large on the NAS. NDX I will repeat has major gaps to fill at 970-1000....

QQQ looking like gap fill to 25.50 ish range should be coming, possibly today or tomorrow, on HIGH VOLUME.

See the gaps there??? Should bounce from there again, but then move swiftly towards my 24.50 range target... IMHO

This is what we call the "cascading" effect of a beginning of 3 of 3 E wave kids... lots of bears still a lil nervous to short here, and bulls still in denial... its very EARLY in this major wave down....

post-3-1039442322_thumb.jpg

Dr. B-

Unstable volcanic island Las Palmas will collapse into the sea sometime in the next 200 years causing an 600 meter high wall of water to race toward the east coast of the US at 250 miles per hour.

Program on the Discovery Channel last night. Showing again January 20. http://dsc.discovery.com/schedule/episode....ode=0&cpi=23086

Archived