Quaalude Cloud Gas

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice and scarey bear.wav file. What the next few months are going to be like for sure.

Funny how everyone wonders why us bears are so "negative" and want to see this load tank. Hey, I can't wait to start hording stocks again for the long haul like back in 1982, but I'll be damned if I'm going to do it at these inane levels. If these jackasses, Al included, would just let go we could get the inevitable over with sooner but no, we have to drag it out kicking and screaming all the frick'n way down.

Don't blame us, blame the fools who pushed stocks up to bubble heights and refuse to let it correct.

Oh well!

Another bearish one here....this is looking better every day! Just need a bit of acceleration now..

Agree B4 re collars/curbs..just gonna exacerbate the situation imo. Look what happened when market closed after Sept 11...soon as it opened, major dump. So it won't matter how often the circuit breaker kicks in, the market will fall to wherever it was gonna go in the first place.

Aheadsup, do you think we're incompetent? Add up all the years of experience on this board and it would be mind boggling. We're not looking for the end of the world here, just a good enough drop to make us some $..

I hope Bob's right re gold...been waiting for ages to see a spike to bring all the gold shorts to their knees..

I've been lurking for a few weeks.  I want to say to those on the board who still maintain an overly bearish outlook that there might be one heck of a surprise waiting for you.

C'mon. What makes you think I would have an overly bearish view. Just because I am big and furry, doesn't mean I'm always seeing things like a bear.

Anyway, does someone know where I could hibernate for the winter while I am waiting for the market to drop some more? :lol:

Hey Aussie, hows the land DOWN under doing - DOWN?! :lol:

Exactly, don't begrudge us of trying to make money on the downside if the upside is too risky or played out. Just follow the trends until they exhaust. Take it for whatever it gives you. You don't make money and trading decisions in the market by second guessing that this might happen which may or may not have an effect (good or bad) on the market - too complicated and it doesn't work that way anyway.

Root for RED!

Old Habits-I can believe in Santa but NEVER in AL! Now obviously you do believe in Al-but trust me they won't shorten your sentence for saying you do! On another note this plane crash in the Fed Bldg is strange-hot news in Floriday-yet dick on Cnn and Reuters??? Trade Safe!

Hey Aussie, hows the land DOWN under doing - DOWN?! :lol:

Aussiebear doesn't seem to be around, perhaps she's enjoying a perfect Friday summer afternoon. Anyways, I'll give you the run DOWN on the ASX: The arrows on my blue-chip screen are all RED. The usual suspects are being sold: dem banks, Newscorp, Telstra.

OldHabits, even if it goes down slowly I make buck$. One thing for sure, the high is in and if another one comes along it won't last but a day or two then its back down the hill again so to me it really doesn't matter. Just playing the odds for whatever she'll give and right now the upside odds suck! Right now its anywhere between horizontal to down hard.

That's how you play the game. You've got to be in it to win it. I may be wrong but more often I'm not. Losses are small and limited, gains are huge.

It about that time again stoolies.

THE SWUP (Capitalstool and the Bearish Beat)

I wanna tell you 'bout Capitalstool and the Bearish Beat

It comes out of the Florida swamps

Cool and slow with plenty of precision

And a cycle narrow and hard to master

Some call it heavenly in its brilliance

Others, mean and ruthful of the bullish dream

I love the friends Stool has gathered together on this thin raft

We have constructed pyramids in honor of our escaping

This is the land where the poodits lied

The brokers in the forest, brightly feathered

They are saying, Forget the slide

Invest with us in forests of azure

Out here on the perimeter there are no 'sells'

Out here we is stoned - immaculate

Listen to this, I'll tell you 'bout the downwave

I'll tell you 'bout the downwave and the margin calls

I'll tell you 'bout the hopeless slide

The meager quotes on stocks forgot

I'll tell you 'bout the bonkers with wrought iron soul

I'll tell you this

No eternal reward will forgive us now for missing the top

I'll tell you 'bout Capitalstool and the Bearish Beat

Soft-driven, slow and mad, like some new language

Now listen to this, I'll tell you 'bout the Doctor

I'll tell you 'bout the Doctor's cycle lows

I'll tell you 'bout the hopeless night

Wandering the bullish dream

I'll tell you 'bout the bonkers with wrought iron soul

adapted from Jim Morrison's song, The WASP (Texas Radio and the Big Beat),

on The Doors album L. A. Woman, April 1971.

-----

Borrow and spend. Let inflation rip.

Machinehead.

Pile and Brian,

I've done pretty well the last few days but will stick with the Doc's theory's here. Still too many dip buyers and scared shorts out there. Will close out the puts and short positions tommorrow if SPX hits 900. Unless for some reason we go into a freefall, and I seriously doubt that is going to happen. I've seen this play before and been burned. :(

Old Habits-Now you're talkin-I can agree with that-but better if it hits 900 you place a tight stop and if it goes lower you make more money and you lower the stop again. You will learn over time to let your winners run and close your losers fast. What is important is the TREND and for now its locked and loaded DOWN. Keep your eye on the VIX and follow the big red arrow. trade Safe!

Gold up overseas to $324.80; and the weekend approachith with the end of the Islamic religious celebration too.

I can't listen to Arch and I am not an E-wave subscriber, would someone mind reporting their recent thoughts on Gold ?

Archived