Not to To Worry

That Wiki page claims Livermore was worth $100M after the 29 crash, which he then lost within five years.

That'd be $1.2B today. That's a shitload of money to lose through ignoring your own trading rules...

... It's also bizarre that he married a woman whose first four husbands committed suicide, and he followed through. That's a pattern outcome even I might have foreseen ...

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thing is still accelerating boys and girls....and we just CLOSED below a DECADE of support...this is the type of place where crashes happen....

You cannot rule out something like this for March.....we are in the Crash Window after all...on a friggin' Monthly time frame!

Did somebody say sumthin' about bad astro?

DOW 4,226 !!!

1929dow_marketclues.jpg

Cyclically and time wise we are way past A. We could be January 1931, or, I think more likely, March 1931. The high in January of this year would be consistent with point 2 c on the chart.

In many respects this market is weaker than that one, and should get weaker faster unless the Federal Government and the Fed stop doing what their doing, which they won't until it's obvious that it's counter productive. So if we are at March 1931, then we're about half way down on this leg, with 6 more weeks to go.

More people got wiped out in the market by buying too early, in 1930 and 31, than in the crash itself. I suspect that the same thing is happening today with all the bottom fishing that I see going on amongst erstwhile bears.

I'm working on my report for the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition tonight. Should be interesting.

eCONomy gettin' worse, folks

it's tough even gettin' in the door at KKD these days

too many hungry mrotgouge borkers lined up fer freebies

and wild-eyed Reamtors roamin' the streets chasin' mythical "retail buyers"

I think from now on I'll order my raspberry glazed delivered

:blink:

post-2457-1235780914_thumb.png

I'm looking at the Jan peak as the end of (4) of [1] down from the Oct 07 highs...and we're now in 3 of (5) of [1], which will be followed by a seriously wimpy little 4 of (5) of [1] (or we could be in b of that 4), before the final 5 of (5) of [1] takes us to a tradeable bottom in March.

I'm looking at 7 of (9), Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01.

seven8.jpg

Bad astro?

Here's some really bad astro.....

.....Now our dependence on radio electronic devices is so immense that increased solar activity could disable life-support systems all over the world, and not only on the surface. Poor space weather makes all orbital systems malfunction. A heavy solar storm can cause disruption to space-based navigation systems.

NASA is now sounding an alarm because our continent is so close to the northern magnetic pole and is the most vulnerable to solar activity. A study by the MetaTech Corporation revealed that an impact similar to that of 1859 would incapacitate the entire electricity grid in North America. Even the relatively weak magnetic storm of 1989, provoked by solar activity, caused an accident at a Canadian hydro-electric power plant that left 6 million people in the U.S. and Canada without electric power for nine hours.

A new study from the National Academy of Sciences also outlines grim possibilities on Earth for a worst-case scenario solar storm. Modern power grids are so interconnected that a big space storm — the type expected to occur about once a century — could cause a cascade of failures that would sweep across the United States, cutting power to 130 million people or more in this country alone, the new report concludes. Such widespread power outages, though expected to be a rare possibility, would affect other vital systems.

"Impacts would be felt on interdependent infrastructures with, for example, potable water distribution affected within several hours; perishable foods and medications lost in 12-24 hours; immediate or eventual loss of heating/air conditioning, sewage disposal, phone service, transportation, fuel resupply and so on," the report states.

Outages could take months to fix, the researchers say. Banks might close, and trade with other countries might halt. "Emergency services would be strained, and command and control might be lost," write the researchers, led by Daniel Baker, director of the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics at the University of Colorado in Boulder......

The Emerging Sunspot Cycle 24 and a Weakening Magnetic Field

sun.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Lauriston_Livermore now has links to PDFs of both his books (Reminiscences and How to Trade in Stocks). I wish there was more to read about him (besides Smitten's half-fictional biography), but I guess he said it all anyway.

I'm gonna write the Livermore movie one day.

Thanks for the HOW TO TRADE STOCKS tip-off.

Remeniscences isn't by Livermore but ghost written. However it sounds like he dictated it, doesn't it?

Cyclically and time wise we are way past A. We could be January 1931, or, I think more likely, March 1931. The high in January of this year would be consistent with point 2 c on the chart.

In many respects this market is weaker than that one, and should get weaker faster unless the Federal Government and the Fed stop doing what their doing, which they won't until it's obvious that it's counter productive. So if we are at March 1931, then we're about half way down on this leg, with 6 more weeks to go.

More people got wiped out in the market by buying too early, in 1930 and 31, than in the crash itself. I suspect that the same thing is happening today with all the bottom fishing that I see going on amongst erstwhile bears.

I'm working on my report for the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition tonight. Should be interesting.

You da man on these things....so I'll dee-fir to you.....

I'm taking the lazy far more sophisticated* 400 to 200 back to 300 = 14,000 to 7,000 back to 10,500 approach.....

I'm destined to fail.....

BOOOOOOO !!!

* BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

Archived