Taking the D Train

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WCI Communities files for bankruptcy

This was discussed quite a bit last year and early this year, it finally happened.

Stool community is way ahead of the rest, Thanks to DOC.

Icahn-led WCI Communities files for bankruptcy

Monday August 4, 2:16 pm ET

By Helen Chernikoff

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Home builder WCI Communities Inc (NYSE:WCI - News) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection after failing to obtain financing to stay afloat, chairman Carl Icahn said on Monday.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080804/wcicommunit...bankruptcy.html

That was Bung that made the call.

While searching for images I came across "petcock bung"  :o but here's a scary one:

677937[/snapback]

Reminds me of a Lorena Bobbit joke....... :rolleyes:

Who said earlier on IDS, that NDX 'd Close at 1805 and gain 1.5% tomorrow ???

Is 1804.84 close enuff ???  :P

677935[/snapback]

I've just seen this move sooooo many times before......You have an index that closes just below the support level. This makes some traders think the market has lost support and they go short. Then the powers that be (PPT, BOYZ, GS etc) power bone the market to the upsdie and cause the shorts to cover for a loss. Now, I don't know what the future is...but if it looks anything like the past - then that is what will happen tomorrow. <_<

I've just seen this move sooooo many times before......You have an index that closes just below the support level. This makes some traders think the market has lost support and they go short. Then the powers that be (PPT, BOYZ, GS etc) power bone the market to the upsdie and cause the shorts to cover for a loss. Now, I don't know what the future is...but if it looks anything like the past - then that is what will happen tomorrow.  <_<

677942[/snapback]

Wouldn't be surprised to see them levitate it until 2:15, and then pull da rug...if they get it over 1835 after that, then bear bets are off....

I've just seen this move sooooo many times before......You have an index that closes just below the support level. This makes some traders think the market has lost support and they go short. Then the powers that be (PPT, BOYZ, GS etc) power bone the market to the upsdie and cause the shorts to cover for a loss. Now, I don't know what the future is...but if it looks anything like the past - then that is what will happen tomorrow.  <_<

677942[/snapback]

post-837-1217882099.jpg

From the same article:

" The U.S. housing market has been in decline since July 2006, when excessive building and loose credit standards triggered a decline in prices and a wave of foreclosures.

Tousa Inc (Other OTC:TOUSQ.PK - News), which builds single-family homes and condominiums, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in January while Levitt & Sons, widely regarded as the builder of the first master planned community, filed in November.

Beazer Homes USA Inc (NYSE:BZH - News) is the builder most likely to declare bankruptcy next, Bryan said. When Beazer reports its third-quarter earnings on Friday, the company will probably reveal such significant write-downs on land that's losing value that it might trip the covenants its banks have set determining its minimum tangible net worth, she said.

"Beazer to me is the next weak sister," Bryan said.

"

WCI Communities files for bankruptcy

This was discussed quite a bit last year and early this year, it finally happened.

Stool community is way ahead of the rest, Thanks to DOC.

Icahn-led WCI Communities files for bankruptcy

Monday August 4, 2:16 pm ET

By Helen Chernikoff

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Home builder WCI Communities Inc (NYSE:WCI - News) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection after failing to obtain financing to stay afloat, chairman Carl Icahn said on Monday.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080804/wcicommunit...bankruptcy.html

677938[/snapback]

I mentioned a deluge of HOV paper hitting the ASK today....looks like Mish agrees.

I give HOV until 1Q2009 and then BK.

Source

Homebuider-Swaps-2008-08-04.png

Hovnanian (HOV), Beazer Homes (BZH), and Lennar (LEN) are now the three most likely bankruptcy candidates on the above list of homebuilders (at least from a credit player's perspective). In December 2007, Standard Pacific (SPF) was far and away the most likely to go bankrupt.

I mentioned a deluge of HOV paper hitting the ASK today....looks like Mish agrees.

I give HOV until 1Q2009 and then BK.

Source

Homebuider-Swaps-2008-08-04.png

Hovnanian (HOV), Beazer Homes (BZH), and Lennar (LEN) are now the three most likely bankruptcy candidates on the above list of homebuilders (at least from a credit player's perspective). In December 2007, Standard Pacific (SPF) was far and away the most likely to go bankrupt.

677948[/snapback]

These guys are like the internut stocks.... :rolleyes: Either they are BK or at best they will sell for pennies on the dollar... :lol: The new penny stocks... :lol:

Archived