B4 the Bell, Weeeek End Thread

Guest yobob1

Hi Hat made reference to a HT post on his forum. Doc took offense. HH is bewildered too. Is this subject to appeal?

There's a limit to beating a dead horse, I guess.

IMO, the best approach would have been to put the conspiracy theories on a separate forum.

The problem wasn't so much the content, but rather the persistence of a few in this forum who kept pushing the content after being told where the limits were and that they had gone beyond these limits.

Freedom of the press belongs ot those who own the press. Not happy with limits on this (or any other) site? Start your own.

Yep. I don't know what happened and if he was banned, I will greatly miss HH comments. However I respect whatever decision Doc makes.

However the main point of this forum is about the market and if most members insist on talking about something else - well then it's not a forum about the market anymore.

We are well beyond beating a dead horse here. Let's move on please.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's by Mike Ruppert of From The Wilderness.......

His research has been unchallenged; it is outstanding.  He finds links to 911.

Sherlock,

I subscribe to Rupert's site. His research is interesting, but calling it outstanding, IMO, is stretching quite a bit.

The reason it is "unchallenged" is because he is on the fringe (his politcal compatriots are the likes of McKinney and Kucinich--definately out on the far left of the spectrum). There is no need for anyone to challenge it until he gets more mainstream recognition.

I haven't read the entire speech, but for example on page 11:

"THE ATTACKS OF SEPTEMBER 11TH, 2001 WERE THE PRETEXT FOR THE

AMERICAN, AND TO A LESSER EXTENT, THE BRITISH AND ISRAELI

EMPIRES TO BEGIN SEIZING, BY FORCE, THOSE ENERGY SUPPLIES

NEEDED TO SUSTAIN THEIR POWER, HEGEMONY (WHETHER REGIONAL

OR GLOBAL) AND THEIR TEETERING ECONOMIES."

By my reckoning, the US is arguably an empire. Britain hasn't been an empire in years and Israel (occuppied territories included) is approximately the size of New Jersey. Some empire. Obviously, there is oil in Iraq, but what energy supplies is Israel trying to sieze? Is there oil in the West Bank or Gaza?

This kind of hyperbole doesn't help to advance his 911 research.

What I've noticed about Rupert is that he is largely recycling the old new left dogma and shoehorning it into the context of 911. (I spent too much time on the far left while in my 20's so I recognize this when I see it.) Incidently, if you've read translations of OBL's speeches/statements, he uses a lot of US/western far left arguments. That is part of who he is speaking to. He is trying to use the left to weaken the resolve of the west.

For the record, I have my problems with both the left and right sides of the spectrum these days.

What I find interesting in Bush's speech is that he criticizes Kerry's platform as one that would create a lot of new debt. Now what exactly have we been doing for 3 1/2 years. Bush's proposed programs would be costly as well.

I am thinking is that the July equities decline boosted bonds to unsustainable prices and now that equities have rallied a bit, bonds have started to head down. It wouldn't surprise me to see a breakdown in bond prices extreme enough to tank equities along with bonds this fall. The doolar will follow both down.

What I find interesting in Bush's speech is that he criticizes Kerry's platform as one that would create a lot of new debt. Now what exactly have we been doing for 3 1/2 years. Bush's proposed programs would be costly as well.

I am thinking is that the July equities decline boosted bonds to unsustainable prices and now that equities have rallied a bit, bonds have started to head down. It wouldn't surprise me to see a breakdown in bond prices extreme enough to tank equities along with bonds this fall. The doolar will follow both down.

Bush has yet to veto a spending bill as President. Wonder if he knows what 'veto' means?

Jeez. I ask a very simple request, and it seems 2 or 3 of you just can't control yourselves. So let me repeat.

This is not a free speech website. Capitalstool.com has an editorial policy. As the publisher and editor-in-chief of Capitalstool.com, I determine what the editorial policy is. First of all, the subject of the website is the stock market and the economy. I have made an exception on this Forum regarding political discussion. I do not consider 9/11 conspiracy theories a matter of discussion for this website. They are completely and totally irrelevant to the site's core purpose. They do not help me to build an audience of folks interested in the stock market.

There are blogs and discussion boards where you can say whatever your heart desires. If you want to discuss 9/11 conspiracy theories, go to a site for discussion of that. You want to start such a site, I will be happy to set up a message board or blog for you. It will not be associated with Capitalstool.com in any way, and I will not link into it, but I can host it for you if you wish.

I assume that everyone saw my post from last night. Within hours, a post which directly defied the simple request I made in my post, appeared. Pure rudeness.

So I will repeat. Those of you who wish to discuss 911 conspiracies, take it elsewhere. Since I do not have time to read and delete individual posts which are off topic, I will block anyone who continues to post any such off topic matters from posting on and reading the board.

If you want to diss me or argue about this in your private messages to one another, feel free. If you want to do it publicly, you are wasting your time.

That's all folks. Doc's finger is on the block-poster key. I ask you, most humbly, not to force me to use it again. I am sitting here in Atlanta as a refugee from Hurricane Francis, and I am in no mood to put up with any more irrelevant, off-topic matters on this thread. It would truly be a shame to force Brian to start building an audience over again.

If you care at all both about your own participation on this board, please desist.

No one enjoyed Hi-hatty more than B-4 wait for the explanation! Another -one I must disagree about the U.S. being "arguably an Empire" in my view it "was" the shining light, the quarterback of the world community with lots of Friends. Shrub changed that he pissed the world Community off, my way or the Highway, you are with us or against us etc.-that rhetoric fractured the goodwill of the Allies-and left him with the "Coalition of the Wilting" small nations, former Soviet satellites etc.. Britain and the U.S. are now at odds with Europe and Canada is now allied more with Europe than the U.S. the Aussie Government is probably cooked in the election which is a short time away for allying with the U.S.. The Goodwill to the American people is still alive and well but NOT to their Government-it will take time and tact to repair the damage should Kerry win- if the shrub wins it will get worse the sad part is if Shrub wins the U.S. remains on its own in Iraq there will not be any help. Those of us who have served wearing the Blue helmet know the respect it receives because the populace knows you are there to keep the peace-Shrub believes neither in the U.N or peace!

With Fances following Charley, is it time to consider shorts on property &

casualty insurers in Florida (and other coastal areas) while the industry adjusts

premiums?

Some p&ci left the market following Andrew.

hUNTER

iI posted the other day that a few years ago I read about shorting Insurance companies after major catastrophes is like putting your neck in a gillotine---The author of the article wrote like us under the nom de plume "Ex Broker" and said to the reader,"Before you short any Insurance Co, make sure that you understand something called the Insurance cycle"---

If Constipat(I forget his avatar spelling) could fill us in on the arcana of the Insurance cycle I'm sure Hunter and many others here would be most appreciative

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: ---Get this;Rush Limbaugh has a home right on the rbeach directly in the path of the Hurricane--he said to insure his home would require an annual premium payment of $800,000 with a deductible of Two million dollars(2,000,000)--so he's self insured---My question is who in Florida can insure his home against the elements without going bankrupt--??/

How advanced are insurance "virtues" (like air bags in cars) that reduce the premia--for instance building geodesics (almost indestructible by wind sheeer) migh lessen the Catastrophic conditions so much that premia might b reduced to human proportions

[---Get this;Rush Limbaugh has a home right on the rbeach directly in the path of the Hurricane--he said to insure his home would require an annual premium payment of $800,000 with a deductible of Two million dollars(2,000,000)--so he's self insured---

rush's policy MAYBE atypical as it might cover damages and loss to his medicine cabinet :lol: , hence the "high" premium.

stained - nice charts, simple and clear.

[---Get this;Rush Limbaugh has a home right on the rbeach directly in the path of the Hurricane--he said to insure his home would require an annual premium payment of $800,000 with a deductible of Two million dollars(2,000,000)--so he's self insured---

rush's policy MAYBE atypical as it might cover damages and loss to his phamaceutical inventory :lol: , hence the "high" premium.

Talking about little blue pills...

Has everyone seen Grot's latest work?

http://www.capitalstool.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6185

Archived