B4 the Bell, Weeeek End Thread

Guest yobob1

Saturday September 4, 4:33 PM

Bush pushes Musharraf to nab Osama in 45 days

Lahore/Washington, Aug.17 (ANI): If informed sources in Washington are to be believed, the Bush Administration is keen to see President Pervez Musharraf nab Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in 45 days.

Washington has reportedly increased pressure on Pakistani authorities to turn their latest leads into the capture of more high-profile targets before the US presidential election in November.

"The next month and a half is absolutely crucial. The way the Americans are pressuring Pakistan, they want Osama Bin Laden," the Daily Times quoted an unnamed source, as saying.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/040904/139/2fvpz.html

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sherlock: Very well said. I read the article as well and found nothing about hatred or racism. We can not be so sensitive as to not ask questions. WHo knows what happened, but it is clear to me that the PTB, in the US govt knew about 9/11 before hand. Sorry, I think trying to find out what really happened is important and just because someone may criticize a natl leader does not mean that person has disrespect for that country. I can not stand the shrub, I loathed clinton, it does not mean I think folks in the US are evil. I do not know if this post is out of line, but I am sorry that HH was banned. I also respect Plunger and hope he is welcome as well. This is one of the many reasons I feel so strongly tied with libertarians and austrian economics. It is all about respect for individuals liberty and beliefs. Why would anyone care what religion one choses to practice? Seriously, whatever works for you, all I would ask is have the same respect for others that may choose differently. We will never be all the same, but we must have respect for individual liberties.

Asked if concrete progress had been made during the last two months, when Pakistan has arrested dozens of terror suspects including some key al Qaeda operatives, Black said, ?Yes, I would say this.?

Black, who briefed a group of Pakistani journalists after talks with officials here Friday, said he could not predict exactly when bin Laden and other top al Qaeda fugitives would be nabbed.

?What I tell people, I would be surprised but not necessarily shocked if we wake up tomorrow and he's been caught along with all his lieutenants. That can happen because of the programs and infrastructure in place,? he told Geo.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/04/...ain641190.shtml

Lahore/Washington, Aug.17 (ANI): If informed sources in Washington are to be believed, the Bush Administration is keen to see President Pervez Musharraf nab Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in 45 days.

Washington has reportedly increased pressure on Pakistani authorities to turn their latest leads into the capture of more high-profile targets before the US presidential election in November.

"The next month and a half is absolutely crucial. The way the Americans are pressuring Pakistan, they want Osama Bin Laden," the Daily Times quoted an unnamed source, as saying.

wow, catch osama in mid-october... why, that'd be right before the erection? :blink:

Sherlock: Very well said. I read the article as well and found nothing about hatred or racism. We can not be so sensitive as to not ask questions. WHo knows what happened, but it is clear to me that the PTB, in the US govt knew about 9/11 before hand. Sorry, I think trying to find out what really happened is important and just because someone may criticize a natl leader does not mean that person has disrespect for that country. I can not stand the shrub, I loathed clinton, it does not mean I think folks in the US are evil. I do not know if this post is out of line, but I am sorry that HH was banned. I also respect Plunger and hope he is welcome as well. This is one of the many reasons I feel so strongly tied with libertarians and austrian economics. It is all about respect for individuals liberty and beliefs. Why would anyone care what religion one choses to practice? Seriously, whatever works for you, all I would ask is have the same respect for others that may choose differently. We will never be all the same, but we must have respect for individual liberties.

AMEN!!!!!!

wow, catch osama in mid-october... why, that'd be right before the erection? :blink:

It occurs to me that OBL is worth more to the Al Q dead than alive. Alive he could be captured and brought to justice and then executed. Then it would be over as far as Americans would be concerned simply because Bushco has conditioned them to think that way.

Considering that OBL was a sick man it would make sense that he would have his second take him out in to the mountains, shoot him and bury him in one of the many caves. That way he always stays "alive" and remains a threat.

This means that we have to continue to expend resources tracking him and protecting ourselves from him and so on and he will continue to win.

Mars

This alone should be sufficient to keep me from going short until after the election!

Imagine the 300 point rally that will prolly cause on the Jokes!

Edit:Oh,sh*t I've just fallen into the trap that the criminals have set for me.They don't want anyone short before the election--itsa gonna crashhhhhhhhh!

I'm going short!

Some of us who post here believe that there is a "God." -- theisits

Others believe that there is no "God." - atheists

Whether or not there is a "universal god" that looks out for us,

it seems to me that the basic principle is for each person to be responsible

for their own behavior.

What behavior is in your own self-interest?

If you feel you need to squelch, run over the top of, other humans,

how will that enhance you?

If you enable others who have views different from their own to express those

views, how will this harm you? or not harm you?

I no longer have a view of God, as I was taught, as some entity that will look out

for me, but I believe that if there is a Universal entity, that I will be judged on

how well I look out for my fellow human beings vs just my self.

There is no proof for any of this, it is simply about what we BELIlVE.

Let us examine what we believe: Is it ok to kill/maim other human beings in

other countries for any reason?

This is the most highly educated forum that I know of, thus I would really like to

hear some other views. If your perspective is religious, then say so, if it is not,

then say that too. I just can't stand dodging and slip-siding.

Tell me what you think. If you think that you need to worry about censorship

from Doc, then that is your problem.

Iraq Pipelines Hit, Export Flows Hold

Sat Sep 4, 3:41 PM ET

By Khaled Yacoub Oweis

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Saboteurs kept up relentless attacks on Iraq (news - web sites)'s oil production system on Saturday, hitting pipelines in the north and south that disrupted internal supply, oil officials said.

Although the attacks did not further cut export flows, which have reverted solely to southern terminals after the northern pipeline was sabotaged two days ago, they exposed more gaps in security and further undermined the U.S.-backed government's efforts to boost the crucial oil industry.

Flows from southern fields to the two Gulf offshore terminals were steady at two million barrels per day, although pipelines linking the Nahr Umr field to the Basra refinery and storage tanks were hit, South Oil Company officials said.

Flames could be seen rising from pipelines around 6 miles south of the Nahr Umr oil field near the city of Basra. The field produces around 5,000 barrels per day.

=====================

So, they keep blowing up pipelines but the oil continues to flow steadily.

Reminds me of the joke where the airplane pilot sez, "Folks, we lost one of our four engines; the plane still flies fine; but we'll get to our destination an hour later than planned." Then, "We lost another engine; we'll get there two hours later." After the third engine failure/delayed arrival announcement, one passenger sez to another, "If we lose that fourth engine, we'll be up here all night!"

:huh: :blink:

Ah Sherlock are you trying to build a better Mousetrap?? Well I believe in God and I believe that sometimes you have to intervene Militarily to stop a Genocide as an example when the World stepped into Bosnia and Kuwait or to to stop a Mad man like Hitler as again the free world and Russia did. Or when attacked as in 9-11 when again the world united and routed the Taliban (so-so results on that one so far) and of course against terrorism aimed at us or our friends. Military adventures like Nam, Iraq, Panama etc. NO-none of those now and in retrospect posed a threat to anyone and all were started by U.S. Presidents weren't they. The World thru the U.N. should be stopping the Genocide in Sudan but they aren't because the International Community is now split. Does a Country have a right to kill and maim in another Country???-in my view only in extreme circumstance. What has always separated US from THEM is our humanity to only respond to an attack on us or our Allies. That doesn't apply since we've had the "Bush Doctrine.!"

Terrorism is just another form of war.

We call war inhuman. But little is so human as war. There are not many animal species that so frequently kill members of the same species in such an organized and cruel way as humans do. These inhuman wars are not something new. The history books are full of genocides and slaughters some of which happened thousands of years ago.

War is mostly a form of organized theft. Peoples go to war to rob the other side of land, resources and freedom. The killing and cruelty is an unfortunate side effect.

Russia is fighting the Chechnyans over the Caspian oil. Israel and the Palestinians are fighting for the piece of land between the river Jordan and the Mediterranean see. Nazi germany fought for an empire in Europe. The colonists in America fought and killed the Native Americans to get their land.

As humans, we should always side against the primitive and immoral greed that leads to wars. But we have a huge capacity to mislead ourselves and rationalize. Each side will maintain that it is right and moral to go to war. Once the ghost of war is out of the bottle, feelings of revenge and justice will rationalise further cruelty and killing.

Me thinks the Pakistanies have had OBL on ice for a while. The crap is about to hit the fan.

Archived