Handicapped heroics

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand people picking their spots and trying to short things here and there. What I find incomprehensible is people who have been fighting the tape and the central banks all the way up. This has been a classic cyclical bull, rising on central bank liquidity pumping. That's the way it has always worked. The Fed attempts to pump liquidity into a weak economy. Stocks rise. There's nothing incomprehensible about that. It has only worked that way since time immemorial. Or at least since 1913. The only difference today is that the Fed is no longer the only pit boss. It's not even the biggest.

"Don't fight the tape. Don't fight the pit bosses." I would only add to that, unless you are an experienced professional trader "Don't try to be a hero." By that I mean, don't try to pick the exact top.

Later!

I can personally attest to the validity of that statement. Shorting does not seem profitable in the current environment... :(

Sorry..posted this on M2M.

Posted Today, 08:40 AM

Long GC at 1649...

Stop below 1635.

http://www.capitalstool.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11511

Exited at 1659.20 for +10.

I'll take what i can get.

GDX going to close below 50 which is a very bad sign. We'll see if it can bounce and get back above 51-52 next week.

post-1444-133192792647_thumb.jpg

Exited at 1659.20 for +10.

I'll take what i can get.

GDX going to close below 50 which is a very bad sign. We'll see if it can bounce and get back above 51-52 next week.

Who says you can't get blood from a turnip! Well done Madness... :rolleyes:

Archived