Panic At The Hamptons

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted this pair two month ago. Hopefully some of you took this.

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=XLP%3AXLY

Well done, i888.

For those not familiar with the sector SPDRs, XLP = Consumer Staples (food, beverages, household supplies, toiletries that people have to buy); XLY = Consumer Discretionary (cars, appliances, hotels, restaurants, media, luxury items).

A complete description of the S&P 500 stocks in each of the nine sector SPDRs is available here:

http://www.sectorspdrs.com/

According to my sources, ;) the dow's yield is around 3%. If the GM divvy goes away, it will be about half that.  :lol:

BigCharts shows a DJIA dividend yield of 2.27%.

Link

They had been showing 3.00%, but that was an error caused by annualizing Microsoft's $3.00 special dividend. They seem to have corrected that now.

To return to the 3.00% div. yield once considered as a lower minimum, the Dow would have to fall to 7,630.

Let's get on with it! :)

According to my sources, ;) the dow's yield is around 3%. If the GM divvy goes away, it will be about half that.? :lol:

BigCharts shows a DJIA dividend yield of 2.27%.

Link

They had been showing 3.00%, but that was an error caused by annualizing Microsoft's $3.00 special dividend. They seem to have corrected that now.

To return to the 3.00% div. yield once considered as a lower minimum, the Dow would have to fall to 7,630.

Let's get on with it! :)

yes, I was wrong, Value Line is showing it at 2.2% now too

I got the bogus number from Investor's Business Daily, which was showing it at 4.65%, I'll check tomorrow if they still are, I throw them out every day, but I did find an old one laying around here April 4th shows 4.65% on bottom of page B6 so my memory was correct. They were probably including the MSFT special div, but that's very misleading.

Machinehead,

i like the commodes too.. if we get a big dump, then some commode stocks will be really cheap. eventually, all those folks in china are gonna want stuff, and that means commodes. anyone thinking along those lines should listen to don coxe's weekly conference call.

OT/ MH, since this is tax day, i need to warn you that if you are heading to the "Chicken Ranch" to spend some of that FRN short loot, you will now be hit with a $2/head ( :lol: ) tax. its by the head, no volume override, or in bare's case, no discounts either. all nonsense aside, when you cant even get-off w/o paying a tax, its time for Revolution II.

Bastard Kudlow was jsut "disucssing" with another bastard taxes. The other one said "13% flat tax for everything and everyone", Kudlow agreed. At he end the other bastard said that this 13% proposal was invented in Russia and "does very well". Kudlwo freaked out why that cant be done in the US too.

Oh my, Russia is really such a well doing, non-corrupt country, it really is a real model for the whole western word. NOT!

Holy Lord, please give more brain.

oh and the USA is "a well doing, non-corrurpt country" ?

PIGS on wall street, AIG, GM, C, IBM, FOCM manipluation, Insider dealing, stealing other countries assets (iraq), devaluing USA assets, creating bubbles, hyperinflation, ignoring global warming, drilling in alaska, creating oil peaks, twin deficits.

yeah right, the USA is the ultimate model. NOT! get real.

what country is the ultimate model?

I certainly prefer U.S. to Russia.

perhaps discussion for Political Stool

"Those in a glass house shouldn't throw stones."

i agree this is for a "political" forum, but my post was in response to that that already given on this thead, and as a bear you must surely acknowledge much of my response (and question your overt patriotism).

however you CANNOT dislocate US corruption with what is happening in the US markets (especially today!).

its ALL connected, its one and the same.

didn't mean to throw any stones, I just don't know what country is better to live in than U.S. and lots of people seem to agree by voting with their feet

anyway I moved the thread to political stool:

Effect of Corruption in U.S. on the Stock Market

Discuss how it got this way, solutions?

Machinehead,

i like the commodes too.. if we get a big dump, then some commode stocks will be really cheap.  eventually, all those folks in china are gonna want stuff, and that means commodes. anyone thinking along those lines should listen to don coxe's weekly conference call.

I agree 100% with this.

I am placing a series of limit buys on a bunch of commodity & energy stocks this weekend. I missed the initial run in these, and while I don't think they'll retrace to where they were when they were being given away, there's still plenty of time ahead for them. It's been hard to watch them continue running while not being on board, but they've been primed for some sort of correction--when the top that takes time rolls ov er and washes out, even the good will get thrown out wiht the bad.

When China revalues, they'll only have greater relative purchasing power for energy & commodities.

Archived