B4 The Bell Weak-end Den, August 21-22

He comes across as a lying opportunist at worst or a moron at best.

Are you sure you're not describing GW? I couldn't have summed it up more succinctly myself!

Seen any "Compassionate Conservatism" in the United States lately?

How about Nation Building? Seen any of that?

These were Bush's two primary themes prior to taking office.

Nobody is dying tonight because of anything John Kerry has said or done.

Bush lied - people died.

Lying opportunist or moron?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

""Have we not suffered enough - from Pan Am 103 to the World Trade Center [bombing of 1993] to the embassy bombings in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam - not to know that interventionism is the incubator of terrorism? Or will it take some cataclysmic atrocity on U.S. soil to awaken our global gamesmen to the going price of empire?"

Somehow I get the impression that nobody has any idea what suffering is(including myself).Become Iraqi since the invasion--be Vietnamese during that war.Then you might just get some idea of what suffering is--all above quotes are incidents that physically affected the lives of less than 0.1% of the US population.War/invasion is accompanied by effects on at least 50% of the population!

""Have we not suffered enough - from Pan Am 103 to the World Trade Center [bombing of 1993] to the embassy bombings in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam - not to know that interventionism is the incubator of terrorism? Or will it take some cataclysmic atrocity on U.S. soil to awaken our global gamesmen to the going price of empire?"

Somehow I get the impression that nobody has any idea what suffering is(including myself).Become Iraqi since the invasion--be Vietnamese during that war.Then you might just get some idea of what suffering is--all above quotes are incidents that physically affected the lives of less than 0.1% of the US population.War/invasion is accompanied by effects on at least 50% of the population!

WORD!

And bravery is embodied in the men who stepped-up to the plate and fought for their country in Viet Nam while I smoked dope in my van in the high school parking lot.

Every man who was brave enough to venture up those rivers aboard a Swift Boat, for the sole purpose of intentionally drawing enemy fire - deserves a medal from my perspective. At the very least, they deserve not to be ridiculed...particularly by an administration whose leaders have no idea what this kind of bravery looks like from a first-person perspective.

To all the vets on this board, thank you.

Are you sure you're not describing GW? I couldn't have summed it up more succinctly myself!

Seen any "Compassionate Conservatism" in the United States lately?

How about Nation Building? Seen any of that?

These were Bush's two primary themes prior to taking office.

Nobody is dying tonight because of anything John Kerry has said or done.

Bush lied - people died.

Lying opportunist or moron?

This is what the real lying moron is responsible for. Why doesn't someone ask the bushman and cheney why they don't have any medals to defend?

Casualty Reports

IMO, what the Swifty Prevaricators are really pissed about?

"How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"

(scroll down to ?John Kerry, April 1971?  -excerpt)

Legislative Proposals Relating to the War in Southeast Asia Thursday, April 22, 1971 United States Senate, Committee on Foreign Relations, Washington, D.C

complete text of Kerry?s testimony here

The Bitter Fruit of Denial by Ellen Dana Nagler

Some Nam vets kept quiet about what they experienced. 

Some, like Kerry, didn?t.

somewhat off topic:

Follow the Money-  How John Kerry busted the terrorists' favorite bank.

wonmug,

Probably not popular to say this on this forum, but I read "Unfit For Command" yesterday.

The book is extremely well documented; if so much of what O'neill says are lies, I find it odd that Kerry has not sued for libel and defamation over the years, after his pockets (or should I say Teresa's pocketbook?) are pretty deep! :D

After reading the book, I agree with you that the Swiftees are more upset with Kerry's activities after leaving Vietnam with Vietnam Veterans Against War (VVAW).

Did you know that Kerry's co-leader of VVAW, Al Hubbard, was a fraud? Never served in Vietnam? Did you know that many of the alleged "veterans" who testified about atrocities they saw or participated in were imposters who never served in Vietnam? That VVAW received funding from various Communist "front groups" linked to the KGB? That John Kerry, while still in the Naval Reserve in 1971, met with representatives of the Viet Cong and North Vietnam twice in Paris?

Check out Kerry's biography on his campaign website. You'll notice a "gap" in his resume for 1971, the time he conducted these potentially unlawful and perhaps treasonous discussions with the Viet Cong and North Vietnam.

Kerry also lied about participating in a VVAW meeting in November 1971 during which a plan to assassinate US Senators was discussed.

I realize the vast majority on this board are vehemently anti-Bush; but I would urge everyone to read the book, especially the sections about Kerry's activities in the VVAW during 1971, with an open mind.

BTW, why is it that it is next to impossible to buy a copy of Kerry's 1971 book, "The New Soldier"? I just might shell out a couple hundred bucks to buy it on eBay.

Dear Mad Hungarian, on this forum, thank gawd, you are free to express whatever

views you have. But you will also have to support them

Ok, you read "Unfit to Command." Why did the man write the book?

Let's look at the evidence presented, does it hold up?

The Washington Post says it does not.

What else are you reading? I have known for years of the atrocities in Nam

based on personal testimony given to me from guys who were there, the

same types that still wake up in the night screaming due to flashback dreams

they cannot get rid of. Have you any idea what it's like to live with a guy who

has Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome? Do you have any idea what we are doing

to the men of our country when we send them into unwinable wars without strong

military leadership about what to do vs what not to do?

As a Clinical Psychologist, I can tell you that the stories of men hooked on drugs

while in Nam are very real and true. How many Nam Vets are in prison for drug

"crimes" and how many are out there on the streets with no home, no job, no

future.? It's a national disgrace when we can't provide care for our veterans.

Please read the links that wonmug provided.

If you think his battle against BCCI and terrorism wasn't strong, then excuse me!

After the Vietnam War and his protest of same, (which I feel was quite justified),

Kerry went on to a career as a very successful procecuting attorney.

When he was elected to the Senate, that same spirit of going after the bad guys

was very evident. See wonmugs last link.

So I don't see him as a wimp, while I do question why his campaign strategy has been so mild in stating his positions,

but at the same time, I see from his past record that he is a strong fighter in what he believes needs to be done.

Kerry is up against a power structure that has been built over decades. I think he

knows that and is playing a cautious game. We will see how it turns out.

Why hasn't Kerry started a lawsuit agains the authors of that book?

Hey, the guy is an attorney himself. Don't you think he knows how many months/

years such action would take in the courts? certainly not timely for this election.

If you want to continue the debaucle in Iraq, engage Iran in still another offensive,

and lose your constitutional rights as a citizen, then by all means vote for the incumbents.

We will be dragged kicking and screaming...one way or the other...

They did not create the Homeland security government in waiting to have Kerry elected so he could dismantle it...

TPTB own both Kerry and Bush...

It won't matter who you vote for...TPTB agenda is going to roll reguardless.

We will be dragged kicking and screaming...one way or the other...

They did not create the Homeland security government in waiting to have Kerry elected so he could dismantle it...

TPTB own both Kerry and Bush...

It won't matter who you vote for...TPTB agenda is going to roll reguardless.

Hypertiger, I understand your views on the financial system

Total Wipeout lies ahead, regardless of who wins the election.

However, I would like to hear your explanation of why there is no difference

between the two main candidates.

Somebody has got to stop the nuts in control, so what makes you think

that a change in administration will not make a difference?

Isn't the way we go about things, how we do business involved here?

????????????

Archived